Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


House Cleaning put on hold....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #151
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That is the likely scenario. Another is that it serves Jay notice and he spends time figuring out why he is an 8-8 coach. Not every head coach is a decision maker in player personnel and stripping Jay of that role is a way of emphasizing the displeasure with last season.

I would rather they just fired him though.
Agreed but next season this team and its situation will be way more appealing to new HC candidates, we'll be able to cut Alex Smith next year, I don't hate that we have to suffer another season of Jay's mediocrity.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #152
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,208
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Honestly, Jay hasn't earned it. "His guys" have been garbage. We're stuck with the highest paid TEs core who contribute nothing blocking and disappointment in the passing game who aren't healthy, a WRs cores who never developed or are injured, RBs like Rob Kelly on the roster who cant play, LG garbage, zero interior Oline depth...oh Colt who is always injured and we never developed a young QB because of him.



Jay's input has been disappointing. fuck him
Who all have been his guys?

He has liked Grant and Kelly but I haven't heard how much input he had bringing them here.

The only two I can definitively remember any reporting on him having a big input on was Ioannidis and Quinn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #153
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,893
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

So 106.7 The Fan tweets that, but then Craig Hoffman just wrote this, stating that Jay is involved in free agency:

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...agency-process

I'll trust Keim, JP Findlay, and Craig Hoffman before anyone else in DC sports coverage. And honestly, outside of Hoffman, anyone in 106.7 is hard to trust, especially that moron Chris Russell.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #154
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,502
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So 106.7 The Fan tweets that, but then Craig Hoffman just wrote this, stating that Jay is involved in free agency:

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...agency-process

I'll trust Keim, JP Findlay, and Craig Hoffman before anyone else in DC sports coverage. And honestly, outside of Hoffman, anyone in 106.7 is hard to trust, especially that moron Chris Russell.
Agree. Hoffman is underrated imo, he is great.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #155
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,208
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Cooley's podcast episode 52 is a must listen.

He breaks down every normal 1st and 10 from 2018.

The tendencies and disjointed nature of the run and pass game are laughable.

Literally, any madden player would be able to do better from a tendency perspective.

A huge percentage of our running game is strong side duo and a zone play which is coached like a gap play (read Callahan) which is the equivalent to weak side duo.

Neither of which marries to play action.

There are unbelievable tendencies with personnel as well.

If you listen please confirm or correct this stat, but im pretty sure we were in 2nd and long (8 or more) 44% of the time.

Infuriating.

I'm not spending another dime on this shit show of a team til Bruce and Jay are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 03-18-2019 at 11:15 PM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #156
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Cooley's podcast episode 52 is a must listen.

He breaks down every normal 1st and 10 from 2018.

The tendencies and disjointed nature of the run and pass game are laughable.

Literally, any madden player would be able to do better from a tendency perspective.

A huge percentage of our running game is strong side duo and a zone play which is coached like a gap play (read Callahan) which is the equivalent to weak side duo.

Neither of which marries to play action.

There are unbelievable tendencies with personnel as well.

If you listen please confirm or correct this stat, but im pretty sure we were in 2nd and long (8 or more) 44% of the time.

Infuriating.

I'm not spending another dime on this shit show of a team til Bruce and Jay are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Wow, I'll listen... but it sure seems like a shot taken at Jay (legitimately I assume).
Given that Cooley has been censored before on his podcast, and has obviously been holding back on most of his criticisms about the organisation, this one stands out as either Chris going out of his way OR feeling the FO is ok with shots being taken at Jay... Am I overreaching ?
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #157
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,208
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Wow, I'll listen... but it sure seems like a shot taken at Jay (legitimately I assume).

Given that Cooley has been censored before on his podcast, and has obviously been holding back on most of his criticisms about the organisation, this one stands out as either Chris going out of his way OR feeling the FO is ok with shots being taken at Jay... Am I overreaching ?
Not at all.

He is taking a direct shot at Jay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #158
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,644
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Wow, I'll listen... but it sure seems like a shot taken at Jay (legitimately I assume).
Given that Cooley has been censored before on his podcast, and has obviously been holding back on most of his criticisms about the organisation, this one stands out as either Chris going out of his way OR feeling the FO is ok with shots being taken at Jay... Am I overreaching ?
Probably legit taking a shot at Jay. If you recall back, during the whole MCloughin saga, Cooley dropped on his podcast that SM had been drinking on the job, long before that was the official story. Some of us here at the time figured that the FO had given Cooley the OK to say that stuff, based on the fact that he has been censored at various times...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:20 AM   #159
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Not at all.

He is taking a direct shot at Jay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Wow. Just W-O-W.

I didn't take notes... but THAT was a legit and massive shot at Jay. Some of these tendencies are simply laughable. All the ones with the TEs in are hard to believe... the one with Sprinkle in alone being more than 80% run IIRC dropped my jaw...

The efficiency of 1st down plays was just sad... we were terrible in 1st and 10 plays to a point that it's almost beautiful...
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:14 AM   #160
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,502
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Wow. Just W-O-W.

I didn't take notes... but THAT was a legit and massive shot at Jay. Some of these tendencies are simply laughable. All the ones with the TEs in are hard to believe... the one with Sprinkle in alone being more than 80% run IIRC dropped my jaw...

The efficiency of 1st down plays was just sad... we were terrible in 1st and 10 plays to a point that it's almost beautiful...
Cooley has talked repeatedly about this...it’s why I’m so adamant on getting rid of the garbage TE unit we have.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #161
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cooley has talked repeatedly about this...it’s why I’m so adamant on getting rid of the garbage TE unit we have.
Agreed but this is coaching. Sprinkle's hands aren't that bad that you can't ask him to run a route every now and then... even when Sprinkle was in alone and it was a pass, most of the time he was blocking. ..

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #162
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,502
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed but this is coaching. Sprinkle's hands aren't that bad that you can't ask him to run a route every now and then... even when Sprinkle was in alone and it was a pass, most of the time he was blocking. ..

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
If we are in a "punt year"...and by the signing of DRC and Flowers it looks that way....move on from VD and Reed, elevate Sprinkle, sign a FA TE cheap, look in the draft and we have 2 decent UDFA from last year who looked actually ok. Lets see what we have going forward.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #163
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If we are in a "punt year"...and by the signing of DRC and Flowers it looks that way....move on from VD and Reed, elevate Sprinkle, sign a FA TE cheap, look in the draft and we have 2 decent UDFA from last year who looked actually ok. Lets see what we have going forward.
Good plan but I think neither the FO nor Jay are in "punt year" mode, I rather think they're in "save our asses" mode... Hence the Collins and Keenum additions, and the reports that we were in on AB and the Rosen trade.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 03-21-2019 at 08:48 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #164
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,352
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Even if he tempered it a bit saying the players left some on the field, Cooley continued his documented roasting of Jay's play calling in his 53rd podcast episode , this time breaking down last year's 2nd down plays.

Again didn't take notes, but our offense's efficiency was laughable, in 2 and 6 or less, which Cooley described as one of the ideal situations to get chunk plays, we got 4 plays of 20+ yards, the longest being a 33 yards catch by Mo Harris... 4 plays. Out of 88.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #165
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,878
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Cooley's Podcast Transcript:

Cooley: Linemen are afraid to get down field, they need to be more aggressive
Lady: Yeah, heheheh
Cooley: These analytics suck, they need quality control
Lady: Yeah, Yeah, hehehehe
Cooley: if your playing the redskins, you can key off these tendencies
Lady: ehehehehe, yeah, ehehehe
Lady: hehehehehe
Cooley: Window nation is awesome
Lady: yeah
Cooley: jay sucks
Lady: yeah
Lady: uhhhmmm yeah
Cooley: Tendency breaking...
Lady: ok, yeah


Cooley is so informative but listening to that podcast is brutal.
Did he just hire a middle school kid to say "yeah" every few minutes?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.21706 seconds with 10 queries