Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

San Diego

Parking Lot

Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

San Diego

Hey everyone...I am heading to San Diego at the end of October for 5 days...wife has a conference there and I'm tagging along. Never been there, so I'm looking for advice on things to do, places to eat, sites to see...all appreciated! Thanks!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: San Diego

I'm sure you've already read about it, but the Gaslamp District is where you want to be. That's where most of the bars/restaurants are. If you don't mind a decent Uber trip, head to Corondo and check out the Hotel Del (wife and I got engaged there). Right down the road might be my favorite Mexican place in the world, Miguel's. If you feel extra crazy, head on down to Tijuana. It's not as sketchy as people would make you believe...
Old 09-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'm sure you've already read about it, but the Gaslamp District is where you want to be. That's where most of the bars/restaurants are. If you don't mind a decent Uber trip, head to Corondo and check out the Hotel Del (wife and I got engaged there). Right down the road might be my favorite Mexican place in the world, Miguel's. If you feel extra crazy, head on down to Tijuana. It's not as sketchy as people would make you believe...
Hey thanks a lot! I haven't even read much about it yet, wife brought up the trip last night, so I started with you all first. We went to Chicago last year, and all the tips I got here were awesome. I think we are staying right at the water beside a big marina....big Sheraton hotel I believe.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
jamf
Pro Bowl

Bars/Restaurants: Gaslamp District Downtown which is a short uber ride from your hotel, even asking distance if you want to take a long walk along the water.
Another option for nightlife is NorthPark. They have a bunch of trendy hipster bars and restaurants.

For Mexican Food and Sight Seeing, Go to Old Town. it's about 5 minute drive from your hotel. It has a bunch of Mexican restaurants, shopping and an old Spanish mission from the 1800's. Miquels is pretty good but go for the authentic stuff in old town.

For a romantic night out, Balboa Park has a couple of nice restaurants( The Prado is pretty good) and Museums.
Search balboa park at night. the bridge and fountain are pretty popular with the selfie takers.
It's also close to the San Diego Zoo.

If you have a car:
La Jolla is beautiful.
Ocean Beach has all the potheads and good burgers ( And a Redskins Bar!)

It will be cold in late December, Probably high 60's during the day and low 60's at night.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Bars/Restaurants: Gaslamp District Downtown which is a short uber ride from your hotel, even asking distance if you want to take a long walk along the water.
Another option for nightlife is NorthPark. They have a bunch of trendy hipster bars and restaurants.

For Mexican Food and Sight Seeing, Go to Old Town. it's about 5 minute drive from your hotel. It has a bunch of Mexican restaurants, shopping and an old Spanish mission from the 1800's. Miquels is pretty good but go for the authentic stuff in old town.

For a romantic night out, Balboa Park has a couple of nice restaurants( The Prado is pretty good) and Museums.
Search balboa park at night. the bridge and fountain are pretty popular with the selfie takers.

If you have a car:
La Jolla is beautiful.

It will be cold in late December, Probably high 60's during the day and low 60's at night.

Awesome, thanks so much jamf! Great ideas...and I'll probably try to make it to the Redskins bar to watch the game that Sunday...what is the name of the bar?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

If you have a car:
La Jolla is beautiful.

Forgot about these! Even if you have to go alone, the Zoo is one of the better ones (if not best) I've ever been to. If I remember right, that and Balboa Park are pretty close to each other.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #7
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Yeah the Zoo is the one thing I had heard a lot about and we'll definitely be going there.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If you want to catch a Skins game, head to Winstons in Ocean Beach. There are some other places in the area too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote