Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Hurricane Dorian Won't Go Away

Parking Lot

Old 09-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Hurricane Dorian Won't Go Away

Will this thing ever go away. I'm on the coast here in Va and its coming our way. Just got a call from the city to evacuate but that's not going to happen. Anyone else getting hit or who have been hit by this lingering hurricane?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Hurricane Dorian Won't Go Away

My parents evacuated for the second time in two years from Charleston. It's pretty crazy because the have never evacuated before.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
My parents evacuated for the second time in two years from Charleston. It's pretty crazy because the have never evacuated before.
I have two daughters both married to military men in NC one at Ft. Bragg the other at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville. Both evacuated last time ,both are staying this time. I was just down there two days ago .It's crazy many place's still haven't recovered from Florence down there!
Old 09-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Well the local news pumped this storm up as something bigger then what it has been so far. We still have about 4 to 5 hours to go but so far it has been nothing more then a windy day with rain on and off. Hope it stays this way. The only damage we have so far are walnuts all over the back yard. God I hate walnut trees.

Baltimoreskins hope your parent are lucky and they find their home in good condition when they go back.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #5
Back2RFK
Special Teams

The good new here was this thing was pretty much a non event. Saw some heavy wind gust and some heavy rain from time to time but its over. Looks like the sun is trying to come out.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Well the local news pumped this storm up as something bigger then what it has been so far. We still have about 4 to 5 hours to go but so far it has been nothing more then a windy day with rain on and off. Hope it stays this way. The only damage we have so far are walnuts all over the back yard. God I hate walnut trees.

Baltimoreskins hope your parent are lucky and they find their home in good condition when they go back.
What local news would that be? After what the people in NC went through last year I would definitely not say anything was"pumped up".After seeing what it did in the Bahama's calling it a "windy and rainy day ' is way off.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
The good new here was this thing was pretty much a non event. Saw some heavy wind gust and some heavy rain from time to time but its over. Looks like the sun is trying to come out.
It's great and all that America avoided the brunt of the damage, but the Bahamas got hit hard.

Besides, it doesn't hurt being prepared, especially since Cat 5 storms are the norm now.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Don't get me wrong ,happy everything is ok for you but people on Emerald Isle in NC and other place's got slammed!
Old 09-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #9
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Don't get me wrong ,happy everything is ok for you but people on Emerald Isle in NC and other place's got slammed!
You are correct some did get hit hard. Club I'm in just sent a packed van full of supplies to Ocracoke which got hit hard.