Parking Lot Posts Should Count in the Offseason

Playbook

Old 04-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Parking Lot Posts Should Count in the Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
If post counts truly don't matter to people, then we should never see another milestone thread ever again. If I see a milestone thread, I'm going to assume the number of posts you have means something to you and you're essentially being a hypocrite when you say otherwise. Why should I congratulate you on something you deem to be insignificant? I didn't do a milestone thread when I hit 1000, because first of all, I didn't care and secondly, I didn't see the point in celebrating a year of overall mediocrity on my part.

The nuts and bolts of this argument is not about whether people think post count reflects a member's value to the site. It's about the "earthquake rule" and trying to deter a certain type of posting behavior. I'm just wondering if taking away the counts from the PL actually achieved its desired effect or not. If it didn't, then what's the harm in reinstating them?
Good post.

Again I ask, what is the point of keeping track of posts at all? If posts don't matter, then why not get rid of all posts and rep points?
I just don't see why parking lot posts don't count, but posts about Redskins do. Even though this is a "redskins" site, there are plenty here with open minds and people that like to discuss issues other than football. Don't we all reward and enjoy posts that are thoughtful and insightful and enjoy diversity such as female posters / other team fans / other points of views? How come we look for this in the redskins sections, but not in other areas? Also, don't we get a post count for talking about the NBA / NASCAR / NHL or other sports even though this is a Redskins site (not sure if we do, but I thought we did)?
In short, we all come here cause we have 1 thing in common, love of the Redskins. We all have a deeper intellect than just football...why not give incentive to those for sharing that intellect?
Again, every post should count, or no post should count. It doesn't make sense to have some count and some don't. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I come here cause I love the Skins, and I'll get caught up in some parking lot matters that become fun, but the more people that would come to the parking lot, the more fun and interesting this site would become.