Midterm Election Game day Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Midterm Election Game day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
IMO that is what we want. We can do better with juveniles than putting them into a detention center. That shit is crazy.
You want juveniles running loose who were arrested on armed robbery to be set free?

Its amazing where some see criminals as the victims.

So any concern for the victims of the crimes? And who needs laws right?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #32
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

No where did I say we don't hold those that commit crimes accountable. It is not about not penalizing criminals. We are failing as a society to provide food security, quality of life, proper education the list can go on. But sticking 13-17 year olds that lack executive functioning into prison is not the solution. That leads them on a pathway in which they will be unable to assume adult roles. Then we keep paying for this shit over and over.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #33
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
No where did I say we don't hold those that commit crimes accountable. It is not about not penalizing criminals. We are failing as a society to provide food security, quality of life, proper education the list can go on. But sticking 13-17 year olds that lack executive functioning into prison is not the solution. That leads them on a pathway in which they will be unable to assume adult roles. Then we keep paying for this shit over and over.
Your reasons and the ex judge's reasons are completely different.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Idk, I'm in a gray area on this. It's one thing if it's something simple like a weed charge, I mean at most that should just be a simple fine and move on. But violent crimes should def. be locked up imo, if you want to redefine criminal justice so offenders get rehabbed instead of spending decades behind bars I'm fine with that, but that would require an adjustment to the system as a whole. Aka more emphasis on rehab, and education, and less on "stick them in a box until they're done serving time." Until that happens, I'm fine with keeping violent offenders behind bars.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Your reasons and the ex judge's reasons are completely different.
Also this. The judge released them not because he thinks the justice system needs reform, he released them because quote unquote "the Dems are going to do that anyway." FOH with that bs, violent offenders can stay locked up for all I care. Aggravated robbery isn't some innocent charge where there's no victim.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #36
SunnySide
Playmaker

Maryland has a special primary tomorrow to vote on the candidates who can run for recently deceased Elijah Cummings spot as US House Rep for MD Dist 7.

I live in Howard County, I thought Cummings district was Baltimore City ... somehow I guess Columbia MD is Dist 7 so I get to vote tomorrow.
---------------------------

Voter thought process (for me but Im a pretty average generic dude)...

Jay Jalisi - I was going to vote for him bc he is the only sign I have noticed up in my neighborhood. one of those big like corner signs with his picture on it. Looks like a decent guy, hes a doctor ...

I just read he doesnt have family.

I got family. How could he begin to relate to family needs. If you dont have kids, you just cannot understand things like the importance of affordable after school care.

-------------

So now Im checking out the names of the Ds. Like 20 of them. I just want to make sure Im not voting for someone that has been unemployed and is just running to get a name for themselves.

Then I see this dudes picture.

^^ William Newton, hes been in the automotive industry for 23 years but theres a problem ... he an R.

Luckily my vote as a D doesnt matter aorund here bc it will be a D sitting as rep for Dist 7 no matter what.

----

Im going to vote for the R .. for the only reason that the guy looks cool. hes probably a major dick ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteBlue/co...t_old_address/

https://ballotpedia.org/William_Newton

----

Jill Carter as a Dem looks to the best candidate and I imagine and hope she wins. Still voting for the beard guy though.

-----------------

How the hell is Baltimore City in the same district as Columbia MD? The needs, problems, climate are nothing a like. Seems like most candidates are exclusively addressing Baltimore City needs like the Inner harbor, Balt City schools ... what about the burbs of HoCo?

sorry for this disjointed post ...Im just trying to piece things together.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #37
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gyrhbTjjc4

William Newton's youtube campaign video.

Def worth the click.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Maryland has a special primary tomorrow to vote on the candidates who can run for recently deceased Elijah Cummings spot as US House Rep for MD Dist 7.

I live in Howard County, I thought Cummings district was Baltimore City ... somehow I guess Columbia MD is Dist 7 so I get to vote tomorrow.
---------------------------

Voter thought process (for me but Im a pretty average generic dude)...

Jay Jalisi - I was going to vote for him bc he is the only sign I have noticed up in my neighborhood. one of those big like corner signs with his picture on it. Looks like a decent guy, hes a doctor ...

I just read he doesnt have family.

I got family. How could he begin to relate to family needs. If you dont have kids, you just cannot understand things like the importance of affordable after school care.

-------------

So now Im checking out the names of the Ds. Like 20 of them. I just want to make sure Im not voting for someone that has been unemployed and is just running to get a name for themselves.

Then I see this dudes picture.

^^ William Newton, hes been in the automotive industry for 23 years but theres a problem ... he an R.

Luckily my vote as a D doesnt matter aorund here bc it will be a D sitting as rep for Dist 7 no matter what.

----

Im going to vote for the R .. for the only reason that the guy looks cool. hes probably a major dick ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteBlue/co...t_old_address/

https://ballotpedia.org/William_Newton

----

Jill Carter as a Dem looks to the best candidate and I imagine and hope she wins. Still voting for the beard guy though.

-----------------

How the hell is Baltimore City in the same district as Columbia MD? The needs, problems, climate are nothing a like. Seems like most candidates are exclusively addressing Baltimore City needs like the Inner harbor, Balt City schools ... what about the burbs of HoCo?

sorry for this disjointed post ...Im just trying to piece things together.
To hell with the R or the D, vote for who you think is the best person to you!
Old 02-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #39
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To hell with the R or the D, vote for who you think is the best person to you!
but theres the rub. I know very little about any candidate and theres like over 20 Ds and 6 or so Rs. I looked at half the Ds and they all seem to be Baltimore City exclusively focused.

Howard County w huge populated neighborhoods like Columbia should not be in the same district as Baltimore City.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #40
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Good job not voting for Jay Jalisi guy is a raging d bag I have had to deal with him professionally. I too live in the rat infested 7 th district but the actual rat infested area with farms. Voted for Saafir Raab myself but imagine it will be either Cummings or Mfume ah establishment
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:25 PM   #41
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gyrhbTjjc4

William Newton's youtube campaign video.

Def worth the click.
He reminds me of a few of my coworkers. Those eyes look like they got fed up with pulling an entire dash to swap a blend door actuator for 0.5 warranty labor.

Idk about you guys but I'm about thiiiiiis close to the pro-anarchy vote, and this guy has pro-anarchy written all over him.

I really hope you voted for him, maybe it's time we embrace the dark side.