Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Another Haynesworth Thread: Will AH Be The Next Dana Stubblefield?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Another Haynesworth Thread: Will AH Be The Next Dana Stubblefield?

We just got the best DT in the league by far. We improved our d-line tremendously. Sure, let's bitch about it, why not? The glass is half FULL from where I'm sittin'.

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I strongly disagree kind of. It certainly does'nt help with the mental part of the game which Stubblefield possessed. But It definatly helps when it comes to the physical aspect of the game. Lets just say I know from experience. Oh ah, It helps in Baseball too
Well maybe I know from experience too. Steriods help you get stronger only if you're eating right, training hard, getting enough rest and taking the right dosages. It didn't look like Stubby was doing any of that. He was fat and out of shape. He was probably injecting himself and not working out which made him look all bloated. If he was doing it the correct way he would've gotten rid of some of his bodyfat before he ran a cycle. If he was doing all that plus had a good skill set then it would've given him an advantage.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #33
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You're right....I'm entitled to my opinion. Sorry you don't like it. I guess the truth hurts. And I wasn't praising the Giants.
I think he was referring to me.

Ruhskins:

The Giants signed Boley and Bernard all they have left is Canty. Like I said yesterday, if he's signed that Giants D will be unbelievable. Don't tell me it won't? Be realistic, we need to shore our OL to counteract them. My point was we put all our eggs into 2 signing when we could have been doing what the Giants have done smartly and will do if Canty is signed. Filling many holes which we have still.

I hate the Giants by the way!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #34
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

Who knows.!? I think everyone is thinking about stubby first. I think he has a lot to prove and is wanting to show why he is worth all the money. Of course i guess we would not expect him to act any other way. I was talking to a Giants fan and I brought it up about stubby and he told be other other wise and how AH wants a ring so that got me thinking. Didnt Stubby already have everything?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
We just got the best DT in the league by far. We improved our d-line tremendously. Sure, let's bitch about it, why not? The glass is half FULL from where I'm sittin'.
I'm not trying to sound negative and I want the guy to be successful here. We're all Redskin fans. I've been a die-hard fan since I was a little kid in the mid 70's. But we've all been down this free agency road many many times w/out a lot of success.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #36
saden1
MVP

Who the hell knows man. He could be one pork-chop away from wanting to indefinitely stay at home and gorge himself with food.

One thing is for sure, he done got paid mad money.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Ruhskins:

The Giants signed Boley and Bernard all they have left is Canty. Like I said yesterday, if he's signed that Giants D will be unbelievable. Don't tell me it won't? Be realistic, we need to shore our OL to counteract them. My point was we put all our eggs into 2 signing when we could have been doing what the Giants have done smartly and will do if Canty is signed. Filling many holes which we have still.

I agree with your post 100%. Giants did it the right way IMO.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #38
44ever

Quote:
Well maybe I know from experience too. Steriods help you get stronger only if you're eating right, training hard, getting enough rest and taking the right dosages. It didn't look like Stubby was doing any of that. He was fat and out of shape. He was probably injecting himself and not working out which made him look all bloated. If he was doing it the correct way he would've gotten rid of some of his bodyfat before he ran a cycle. If he was doing all that plus had a good skill set then it would've given him an advantage.
We could debate this but its not worth the argument. Plus its the wrong forum. But if you think you need to look in shape when using Roids then read this Sumo: Tainted sumo weighs up its future - Times Online

Here is a clip from the article:
Leading sumo wrestlers are giants, who depend on a combination of power and speed to reach the highest levels, but fears that they have been taking dietary supplements and steroids are so widespread that the issue has been raised in the Japanese parliament

Last edited by 44ever; 02-28-2009 at 08:59 PM.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #39
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
I'm not trying to sound negative and I want the guy to be successful here. We're all Redskin fans. I've been a die-hard fan since I was a little kid in the mid 70's. But we've all been down this free agency road many many times w/out a lot of success.
But we've also had some success. Comparing is not a fair assessment of how a particular player is going to perform. Haynesworth is not Stubblefield. If you check out my posts I had big reservations about AH. But the more I see of him the more I like. He could be a bust. He could also be the greatest FA we've ever signed. All I know is the guy has performed like a beast the last couple of years and now he's ours. There is just as much chance that he'll continue to play great as there is that he'll lay down. I agree with SFREDSKIN that going the other way and signing Boley, Bernard, and Canty might have been the best way to go, but we didn't, and AH can have the biggest impact of any ONE defensive player in the league. I just think we need to give the guy a chance before we bury him with what COULD happen. I personally can't wait to see him on the field. He hasn't shown me any reason the last couple of years to think he'll do anything less than his best. Looks to me like the guy has made a decision to change his life and wants to be one of the greats of all time. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #40
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Ruhskins:

Whoops, my bad.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
You're right....I'm entitled to my opinion. Sorry you don't like it. I guess the truth hurts. And I wasn't praising the Giants.
No, what hurts is seeing another tired repetitive thread on the same stuff that's been discussed. But hey, maybe he will become a bust and hopefully that'll satisfy you.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #42
GusFrerotte

The guy will end up being the best FA acquisition during the Snyder era in all probability. Sure the money we threw at him is ridiculous, but once the cap goes bye bye, who cares. I am sure the guy wants a SB ring and into the HOF so it is a good bet he will be a keeper. The money and the potential cap implications for the next couple seasons concerns me though. Can't see how this huge contract, along with Hall being resigned doesn't impede us in further FA deals.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #43
53Fan
Franchise Player

YouTube - Salisbury's Take: Titans Must Keep Haynesworth
Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
44ever

Good stuff 53. Insert Redskins every time he says Titans
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #45
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

We can debate it all day long, but honestly who knows! Between injuries, personnel changes within the team and our competition, that good old thing called age and wear and tear anything is possible. These are all great game changers.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote