Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Falcons postgame positives and negatives

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #16
Coff
Impact Rookie

Re: Falcons postgame positives and negatives

Good
Skins played a much cleaner game; only five penalties. That's a huge improvement.
Kerrigan returning to form.
Secondary played better than any of us expected going into the game.

Bad
Defense on third and fourth down conversions in the second half. Couldn't come up with a big stop.
Cousins and receivers just not on the same page (I don't care to point fingers; both need to work to improve their chemistry)
2 of the last 3 games our running game has not been effective
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Falcons postgame positives and negatives

Good: we are finally playing football like a real team, and we are going to get our biggest weapon on offense back and win the effin division.

Bad: I thought about this while I was posting my comment above. Purely coincidental that it was a pick six in OT, it was more the failed prediction made with such conviction i was thinking about.

http://youtu.be/vAgG9XcrDFY
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #18
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Skins are now 0-3 when cousins has an int in a game this yr. 2-0 when he doesn't
Can't argue with that stat. Being on the negative side of the turnover stat generally translates into more losses than wins...However, you say that as if all the INTs are Kirk's fault. Yes, they are on his stat line, but at least three of the six INTs this season (to me) were not bad decisions or bad throws...tips, bad routes, receivers falling down...all contribute to INTs....
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No not all on kirk
Old 10-12-2015, 12:03 AM   #20
Hijinx
The Starter

A big part of that last play was that Atlanta blitzed a DB that no one picked up even though it was 5v5. Or if they had recognized it and the slot took a hot route into a slant, it was an easy 1st down because the safety was 12-15 yrds off.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
A big part of that last play was that Atlanta blitzed a DB that no one picked up even though it was 5v5. Or if they had recognized it and the slot took a hot route into a slant, it was an easy 1st down because the safety was 12-15 yrds off.
Cousins said he should have changed protections. That probably is what he was referring to.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #22
Meks
Pro Bowl

To the people saying cousins sucked, fuck off 24 seconds or so and we go from the 20 to a FG ...
People saying throws were way off to Pierre, suck it ... It hit him in the hands nearly every time.

Heartbreak hotel is rich off of us today smfh ... Can't even believe it smh
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #23
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
To the people saying cousins sucked, fuck off 24 seconds or so and we go from the 20 to a FG ...
People saying throws were way off to Pierre, suck it ... It hit him in the hands nearly every time.
YEP

Old 10-12-2015, 01:23 AM   #24
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Good
Skins played a much cleaner game; only five penalties. That's a huge improvement.
Kerrigan returning to form.
Secondary played better than any of us expected going into the game.

Bad
Defense on third and fourth down conversions in the second half. Couldn't come up with a big stop.
Cousins and receivers just not on the same page (I don't care to point fingers; both need to work to improve their chemistry)
2 of the last 3 games our running game has not been effective
To me, this is probably the biggest "bad". Even worse, we couldn't stop the run - another concern.

Good - the defense (for about 55 minutes), Breeland especially; KC; Crowder.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:02 AM   #25
A10sROCK
Impact Rookie

We played close to an elite team (this season. I still think that Cousins could do a much better hitting his open receivers. Until he does his TD vs. INT ratio will be weak and the team will struggle to win.

I don't see Cousins as anything more than a stopgap QB this season until we draft for a future "Francise" QB in the 2016 draft.
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #26
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10sROCK View Post
We played close to an elite team (this season. I still think that Cousins could do a much better hitting his open receivers. Until he does his TD vs. INT ratio will be weak and the team will struggle to win.

I don't see Cousins as anything more than a stopgap QB this season until we draft for a future "Francise" QB in the 2016 draft.
I agree with the Francise QB statement! But make me understand this, you call Atl elite. What is GB and New England? This team is not good, they could easily be 1-4! Everybody move the ball on them except Houston. We should have cruise to 30 points!! We running hand offs to wr's and dumb screens! Are guys was open all day, a little hurry up would have kill them! One deep pass, and it was a great pass!! But one!!
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #27
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Positive: Putting up a good fight against an undefeated team on the road, who everyone expected to dominate us.

Negative: Wasting scoring opportunities in the first half, including not being able to take advantage of two takeaways by the defense. That's how we lost the Miami game, and that's how we'll lose future games if it continues to happen.

Cousins and his wideouts were not on the same page; and it is a bit concerning how in the broadcast it was said that Gruden had to calm him down or something like that. This is why I lean more towards this being more on Cousins. Plus, this isn't the first time Cousins has had accuracy issues in a game. I hope he and the WRs can be on the same page next game.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #28
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10sROCK View Post

There is certainly a legitimate concern with Kirk's accuracy and also with his poise under pressure, IMO. I think he needs more time to develop because he has played well, for the most part, and we still don't know his ceiling. I'd hate to see the Skins throw out the baby with the bath water.

BTW, please go find a Franchise QB in the 2016 draft and get back to rest of us on that. Good luck! You're gonna need it.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #29
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

After an evening of perspective, the biggest positive I saw was that we didn't embarrass ourselves after a hard fought win. I wanted the win SO BAD yesterday, but I just have to remember we were playing one of the top offenses in the league and mostly shut them down. We're not there yet, but the pieces are finally starting to fall into place.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #30
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No not all on kirk
The last play was! Grant turn in, not out toward sideline! Kirk threw off his back foot. Stop listening to Jay or Cooley!! These guys are slanted one way!! Hell both ints was his fault!!
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote