Redskins v. Jets Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #361
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins v. Jets Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Any half way decent Qb could have won yesterday. yes, garcon and a bunch of unproven receivers are probably the worst starting WR corp in the nfl yesterday. Yes, we are down to our 4th string TE as a starter, worst in the NFl yesterday. Yes, we were missing 3/5 of our projected starting O line, probably the worst starting O line in the NFL yesterday. yes, we only ran for 31 yards ...... worst in the NFL yesterday.

but those are just excuses.

going into yesterday, cousins probably had the least talented and experienced starting 10 guys on offense of any NFL team yesterday .... but he should have won it for us.

damn you Kirk and your reasonable "excuses" for why you single handedly didnt win us the game! damn you!
well yes because the Jets Defense isn't in the top 5 at all...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #362
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Lets forget KC is not progressing at a satisfactory rate or that Gruden doesnt seem to be adjusting at halftime....at all just for a minute. Our run defense has been hooooorible.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #363
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lets forget KC is not progressing at a satisfactory rate or that Gruden doesnt seem to be adjusting at halftime....at all just for a minute. Our run defense has been hooooorible.
This is one of the things I dont understand about the "Well did you expect us to go to the SB this year" crowd. I didnt expect a good year win/loss wise. I do expect the coach, who takes a lead into halftime, to attempt to win the game in the second half. If a win doesnt happen, fine. If a win doesnt happen because the coach shits the bed, im going to call the coach out for shitting the bed. If it happens once, no big deal. If it happens every single game the guy has coached, thats a problem.

I wasnt against Jay like some here when he was hired. Most claiming it was just a good ole boy hire. But when he either cant or wont make adjustments during the game, thats not good coaching. When he cant or wont make changes to his system to fit the talent, thats a problem. After a year and a half, thats what I see out of Jay. A guy that cant or wont change to get a victory. He comes across as the Chip Kelly of his specific brand of the WCO.

Lets also not forget, his replacement took what he had in Cincy and clearly improved them as a unit.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #364
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Shanahan lost the team through a lot of non-football things. One thing that I think I have seen is Gruden has kept this team's mentality right through all the QB drama. So I doubt we have a Shanny or Zorn collapse. I just expect us to lose because we don't have a strong enough roster. Forget the 2nd half collapses - clearly coaching problem- and lets look at the plan in the first halves. Gruden has had the team ready to play and lead at half time for 5 of the 6 games. The team plays for him, I think. He just needs to get better.
And who you think started those non football things? He was the source for all those stories! As for Jay, he was the source for the things this summer. So when the loses keep coming, he will be the source for the stories. Guys are playing hard b/c SM. What amazed me more about everyone on here was put Kirk in and this offense would be ok. Well, I guess we see he is not the answer!! Guys are still open no matter they are low draft picks, he is not delivering. Keep comparing him to Manning, Luck, or Favre! Those guys threw picks, but also thouchdowns. That Colts team was terrible, but Manning still put points up. Are defense keep us in games and this guy look lost!!
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #365
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt31 View Post
And who you think started those non football things? He was the source for all those stories! As for Jay, he was the source for the things this summer. So when the loses keep coming, he will be the source for the stories. Guys are playing hard b/c SM. What amazed me more about everyone on here was put Kirk in and this offense would be ok. Well, I guess we see he is not the answer!! Guys are still open no matter they are low draft picks, he is not delivering. Keep comparing him to Manning, Luck, or Favre! Those guys threw picks, but also thouchdowns. That Colts team was terrible, but Manning still put points up. Are defense keep us in games and this guy look lost!!
My point was Shanahan was likely a source for the non-football stuff. What makes you say Jay was a source for things this summer (more specifically what proof?) JG doesn't come across as a guy who wants the non-football drama, or would start the type of stuff we see here.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #366
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

There is no proof CCR only speculation much like the delusion that anyone in their right mind would compare Cousins to Manning, Luck or Farve
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #367
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
There is no proof CCR only speculation much like the delusion that anyone in their right mind would compare Cousins to Manning, Luck or Farve
you mean like this:

Quote:
"Kirk Cousins is a franchise quarterback, he will be a top-10 quarterback in this league no doubt about it,"
Old 10-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #368
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
My point was Shanahan was likely a source for the non-football stuff. What makes you say Jay was a source for things this summer (more specifically what proof?) JG doesn't come across as a guy who wants the non-football drama, or would start the type of stuff we see here.

Couldnt agree more. I think Gruden is all business. I think the players like him. Unfortunately I am also beginning to believe he is over his head as a HC in this league. Im so sick of "playing out the year under some sort of extended test drive but it looks like that is what we are on with him and KC. The one good thing is I have faith in SM - who is ultimately in charge of such things. The other good thing is the division is still up for grabs and the season is not a total loss. Gotta root for the birds tonite as much as i hate Chip - cant let the Gints get too far out in front. Need desperately to get some of our injured players back soon! Maybe we can beat TB without them and be healthy for the Pats.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #369
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
you mean like this:

Exactly delusional...
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote