Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Redskins 20-13 win over the Giants?
Peterson 17 38.64%
Swearinger 16 36.36%
Ioannidis 8 18.18%
Kerrigan 1 2.27%
other 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2018, 07:13 PM   #166
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Giants Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thank god for ap and a legit Oline

Our defense played their ass off...game ball to them. And it was a complete defensive effort.

Alex smith is garbage...the excuses are gone folks. Giants defense is not good...he had more than enough time to throw. He gotten much more protection and has had more weapons THIS year than Cousins ever had last year...Cousins is head and fuckin shoulders better than Alex.

Anyone who said Alex was a comp and better...get the fuck out
Hearing a lot of comparisons to this team right now and the Ravens when they had Trent Dilfer. I'll take it, because we're winning, and that cures everything. But at the end of the day we have a pedestrian QB. Smith is going to have to put up some numbers soon. If we make the playoffs, we won't be able to run AP 200 yards every game from now until then. Smith needs to produce more. But i agree with you. Kind of crazy all the people on here who said Smith was comparable / improvement over Cousins.

Edit: I want to point out that i think we can win football games with Alex Smith, because he is a game manager and doesn't turn over the football. He's a smart guy, and he just plays his guts out. I am holding out hope for year 2 to see if he improves with us.

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #167
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Gruden is 5-0 when playing with a lead this year. I think he gets the concept of game control. But that leaves us fans nailbiting all game long.

(he's also 0-2 when he doesn't take the initial lead)

I did not know that. I understand jumping out to a lead and than controlling possession and playing D. Im not expecting him to just chuck away (especially with our current passing offense) but a second half touchdown would be completely acceptable.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I like the Gold pants too but yeah its cool seeing them wear W on B

I have never heard someone say they like the gold pants before. They just look like a loss to me. Lol
Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #169
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Not to bring this up -- but I think those were RGIII's rookie #s exactly. Enough to make the playoffs.

It is ok to talk about RG 3 again, just not Cousins.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #170
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I have never heard someone say they like the gold pants before. They just look like a loss to me. Lol
Let me be one of the first then, because I've been saying it for years. I like the burgundy on gold look.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #171
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Giants Postgame

I know I’m beating a dead horse, but it’s concerning that Alex Smith can’t or won’t throw anything but check downs, screens, and dump offs.

I know it’s been stated that Cousins did more with less talent, no running game, a horrible defense, a porous line, and an missing Jordan Reed, Josh Doctson, and Chris Thompson. Alex Smith has been handed the opposite and can’t perform. Smith is what’s holding back Gruden’s high powered passing attack; no one else.

Just throwing my vote into the hat that I also think Smith is trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #172
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

Some interesting offensive stats. They only have through week 7. With the first chart Washington is above average to average in all categories. The second chart is a mixed bag but some positive areas. Pts/trip to red zone and avg. Lead when starting a drive are good.

For those interested in the AS vs KC debate Int/Dr are about the same. Minn has 27 more drives than Washington does though.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #173
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

Some interesting offensive stats. They only have through week 7. With the first chart Washington is above average to average in all categories. The second chart is a mixed bag but some positive areas. Pts/trip to red zone and avg. Lead when starting a drive are good.

For those interested in the AS vs KC debate Int/Dr are about the same. Minn has 27 more drives than Washington does though.
Nice stats, though I feel like the TOs/Dr is more relevant since KC fumbles as well as throws ints, and in that there is a significant difference.

More telling for the Skins though is the TOP, we are 2nd, and that goes to the Skins playing good consistent short offense, we are 15th for drive success rate, which is the definition of an average offense.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:18 PM   #174
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

I like the burgandy pants and white jersey's best. Only wear the white pants and burgandy jersey's when they have to....
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:08 PM   #175
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Norman on the team right now "we have some grown men in the trenches"

"Alex doesn't turn the ball over and hurt us on defense"
Old 10-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #176
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Nice stats, though I feel like the TOs/Dr is more relevant since KC fumbles as well as throws ints, and in that there is a significant difference.

More telling for the Skins though is the TOP, we are 2nd, and that goes to the Skins playing good consistent short offense, we are 15th for drive success rate, which is the definition of an average offense.
He does fumble more but since it was for the entire offense and not exclusively the QB I didn't want to reference that. I do feel that the offense is not as bad as it seems based on the stats.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #177
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

As far as Alex Smith I think the most important stat is the fact the Redskins have had more points than the other team 5 times and less points than the other team only two times so far this year. I will take 200 yards passing and a win over 350 yards passing and a loss any time.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 AM   #178
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tress Way on #RedskinsTalk pod: "Anytime you got Alex Smith on the field, you feel good about whatever we're gonna be doing. The dude's just gonna win the game."
Old 10-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #179
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Tress Way on #RedskinsTalk pod: "Anytime you got Alex Smith on the field, you feel good about whatever we're gonna be doing. The dude's just gonna win the game."
The intangibles cant be understated...I've heard this multiple times about Alex...Cousins seemed to be more erratic and excitable, Smith calming confidence that seems to mesh better with the group.

Also on the other side of the ball, I've heard Mason Foster has the same type of effect....where Norman and Swearinger get every pumped on the D, in the front seven Foster is a calming, cerebral affect especially on long drives, pivotal situations.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #180
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSkins1961 View Post
I like the burgandy pants and white jersey's best. Only wear the white pants and burgandy jersey's when they have to....
Me too....I just wished the Redskins would wear the white jerseys with the burgundy pants at home like when Gibbs and Turner coached the team.