Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Snyder has owned the team since 1999, no reason now to believe that he will ever change for the better. Sooner or later I expect him to stick his nose into Ron's business and fuck this shit up. Just hope to enjoy the ride a bit before he messes it up again.

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2021, 02:06 PM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's really hard to think otherwise.

But maybe, just maybe, most if not all of his transgressions have been due to surrounding himself with boneheads like Cerrato and BA. I don't see the same character traits or overall lack of talent & football intelligence in the gentlemen in the building today.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

I'll always have a sliver of hope, but the dark cloud of Dan Snyder always looms overhead
Old 04-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #19
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Snyder has owned the team since 1999, no reason now to believe that he will ever change for the better. Sooner or later I expect him to stick his nose into Ron's business and fuck this shit up. Just hope to enjoy the ride a bit before he messes it up again.
Sad but true.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #20
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Billionaire BOYS Club - the other NFL team owners decided to keep Dan Snyder on as owner and to allow him to buy out the 3 minority owners for the WFT.

This is certainly GREAT news for the other three teams in the NFC East, who have benefited from Snyder’s horrific winning record as owner. Who wouldn’t want to oppose a team in this division with such a Buffon and the NFL’s worst owner at the helm.? As soon as Rivera is gone, Dan will be back to his old tricks again.

What this means in the short run:

1. We won’t have a team name. We will still remain as the laughing stock of the NFL fans who consider our inability to get a real name as another sign of dysfunction and poor management. I believe Snyder won’t pick a new name because he’d have to pay someone to get it.
Disagree. I like keepting WFT cuz it keeps the Redskins as well. Fuck som egimmick ass "new name"
2. We’ll have male and female cheerleading squad. Snyder will do anything and everything to move away from all the sexist allegations of the last year. We’ll be the only team with a mixed cheerleading squad. Again to the amusement and laughter of the rest of the NFL.
its 2021, the me too pc police generation. Disagree.
3. As long as RIVERA is winning and stays on, he will have full power to make team, management and personnel decisions. But don’t believe for a second that anything has changed with Snyder. Dan micromanaged the team to the very bottom of the NFL over 20 years and is certainly just ITCHING to put his fingers back in the pie!! He’s played nice for a year but he can’t wait to wade into the personnel decision-making again. We’re ok as long as Rivera is around. As soon as he leaves, the team will spiral downward under Dan’s piss poor decision-making. The old employee rule will be back: “Don’t look into my eyes - for I am from Mt Olympus and you are a lowly mortal!”
Ron will be fine.
Long-term: Snyder will be our owner for another couple decades. Nothing has changed. He wants to get back into making all the team decisions, regardless of whether the team wins or not.
we'll see. history say correct, i want to believe different
New Stadium? Possible but not soon. All the local politicians hate Snyder because the fans hate Snyder. That won’t change. If any other owner offered to build a new stadium WITH HIS OWN MONEY the local pols would jump at it. But Snyder is reviled in the Washington DC area and I’m not sure any politician wants to be associated with him right now. If the team wins and the fans come back, then the politicians will make a stadium deal with Snyder. But NOT right away.

The owners may forgive Snyder or may like to having him around because (in comparison) Snyder makes them look like geniuses and compassionate human beings. But I think it will take years for the fans to come back.
fuck him
Maybe if the team wins consistently in the next seasons, the fan base will return quickly. But I wonder. The team is in decrepit FedEx field until 2027. It’s a lousy stadium and Snyder’s prices are high and the service is awful. Fans may come to see Chase Young and a winning team, but It took 2 decades of gross owner mismanagement and misconduct to destroy this team’s fan base. I just don’t think the fans will forgive SNYDER so quickly just because his fellow owners did so.
again, fuck him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hope for a better future is all we can do
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:56 PM   #21
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Its not a given that he wont sell, or be forced to sell, it has always been a long shot but now the ownership situation is a lot simpler and if anything makes selling easier. All the Billionaire Boys club wanted was to stop the minority owners from dragging the shield through the dirt. Now they are rid of them and the controversy fueled in most part by the minority owners wanting to force Dan to allow them to sell their stakes is fading away. Having 32 successful franchises (including Washington) is more important to them than keeping Snyder around to make them look good. I think it is in all their interests to have a strong and successful Washington franchise. I also think that they will not approve anymore sales of minority shares in the team if DS cannot play nice with minority owners.
Don't you think it would be an awful look for the NFL to appear as backing Snyder up and reenforcing his position... to then say a couple of months later "oh by the way he's a horrible person and needs to be punished with the most harsh thing ever enforced on an owner" ?
Old 04-02-2021, 02:00 AM   #22
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Not necessarily, after all they have been delaying the release of the report, which would be the justification if they chose to force him to sell. I don't see it as necessarily them "backing him" as much as making another problem go away. If they had done this after the report was published, regardless of its recommendation, then it would look bad. It is still a very long shot that they force him to sell but I will always try to remain at least a little bit optimistic that at some point the league will grow tired of him being a distraction or even less likely he will evolve into a somewhat decent human being, because there is little to nothing else I can do about it
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:45 AM   #23
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Not necessarily, after all they have been delaying the release of the report, which would be the justification if they chose to force him to sell. I don't see it as necessarily them "backing him" as much as making another problem go away. If they had done this after the report was published, regardless of its recommendation, then it would look bad. It is still a very long shot that they force him to sell but I will always try to remain at least a little bit optimistic that at some point the league will grow tired of him being a distraction or even less likely he will evolve into a somewhat decent human being, because there is little to nothing else I can do about it
Wait, you don't think the league going all the way to bend its' own financial rules to allow him to buy out his minority owners at an absolute bargain price (franchise evaluated at 2.2billions while it may very well sell north of 5billions if it was sold now) is some sort of support ?
Old 04-02-2021, 03:35 AM   #24
EdmundDorf
The Starter

It is some sort of support, but what I was saying was that it may just be to make the problem go away as much as support for DS personally. The owners have no fixed financial rules despite what they would like the world to believe, they let owners break the "debt" rules all the time when it comes to building a new stadium or moving a franchise as it sets a precedent that allows all of them to do it in the future. Extrapolating the franchise value from the sale of a minority stake with no voting power is misguided, I don't think it is a linear extrapolation.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:05 AM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
It is some sort of support, but what I was saying was that it may just be to make the problem go away as much as support for DS personally. The owners have no fixed financial rules despite what they would like the world to believe, they let owners break the "debt" rules all the time when it comes to building a new stadium or moving a franchise as it sets a precedent that allows all of them to do it in the future. Extrapolating the franchise value from the sale of a minority stake with no voting power is misguided, I don't think it is a linear extrapolation.
I'm aware voting power changes the value of the shares, that's why minority owners wanted Dan to be forced to sell, so their shares would be sold at a higher price. But 40% of a 5 billions worth franchise at 800M is still a bargain.

Anyway, that's not the point, the NFL didn't set this price, the point is I do think it's quite the endorsement, and they'd look like morons if they were to force him to sell in a couple of months/year. He's not going anywhere.

I also think it's a reminder that it's an owners' league, and unless something obviously outrageous and blatant comes out, and I mean "we don't have a choice" outrageous and blatant, they'll always lean towards protecting owners' power.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:39 AM   #26
Warthog
The Starter

Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It seems like you put a lot of effort into this post so I ain't gonna ignore it.

But for me, until we see evidence that Snyder is back to his old ways, I trust Ron's process. If Ron can't fix it though, yeah we're probably fucked for life.

Maybe my overly long rant didn’t come out the way I wanted but I think we’re saying the same thing:

Rivera has total control until he either:

1. quits

2. hits the end of his contract and isn’t renewed

3. Snyder fires him

I’m completely psyched about the Rivera era. Look what he’s done in just one year. I’m especially excited about how he has been judicious in spending money on FA, by either forcing players to prove themselves in one year deals or hiring reasonably priced players to fill the weakest areas in the team. This is the exact opposite of Snyder/Cerrato/Allen decision-making which was to “win the Spring” by hiring one or two Uber-expensive “superstar FAs” every year to keep the fan base excited in the off season. However, these players were just cashing in and often played soft, or arrived in camp soft or got hurt easily. Most never came close to fulfilling their cost or potential or hype.

Rivera has also preserved his draft picks and did VERY WELL in his first draft!

I’m very happy as long as Rivera is around because he built his autonomy and independence into his contract. Especially if he keeps winning.

There is also a chance that (hopefully many, many years) in the future that Dan Snyder will learn from the Rivera experiment. That is to bring in NFL-experienced leadership to run an NFL franchise. We’ll see.

Still, I wonder what took Snyder so long to give someone like Rivera the keys to the kingdom. It was only after 20 years of losing, destroying the WFT fan base, being brought under investigation by the NFL, being sued by multiple employees and enduring a civil war within the organization led by the minority owners that Snyder decided to change. This is NOT a man who seems to learn from his mistakes.

For the years to come, Rivera is the man and Snyder just signs the checks!! Maybe Rivera will even influence Snyder to choose a real team name or let the fans pick it via a vote!
TRD

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 04-02-2021 at 05:00 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:58 AM   #27
Warthog
The Starter

The NFL Report on Snyder’s alleged crimes against his employees will NEVER be released. They will say, “ in order to save embarrassment to the employees of the WFT, this report will remain secret.”
However, Snyder will have to settle out of court with all that sued him. Snyder will be happy to buy his way out of this problem he created. The NFL will be happy to sweep this problem under the rug and Snyder’s transgressions never come to light.

The other owners in the NFC East are delighted to keep Snyder around because they know he will eventually worm his way back into micro-managing this team and messing it up. Also, until the WFT fan base returns, FedEx will be filled with tens of thousands of fans from Philly, NY or Dallas for our “home games”!!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:48 AM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I guess we can drop the conspiracy theory that the league is behind every call that doesn’t go our way, every loss, every dropped ball now? I always hated that theory.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:52 AM   #29
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You nailed it!! DS will find some way to fuck things up, its only a matter of time.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #30
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You nailed it!! DS will find some way to fuck things up, its only a matter of time.
We have had great coaches before under Snyder..Gibbs, shanny, Marty S, yep he meddled with them and the worse thing Snyder does (football related )is get involved in the player picks ( The Latest being Haskins) .. I’m not sure he can help himself there but with the staff Ron has put together it will be very hard for Danny boy to strongarm them ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote