Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2022, 05:30 PM   #151
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

I remember someone described Wentz as...'a passenger on the bus, not the driver."
In games Wentz does not look like he is having fun. Since Wentz's injuries, he never regained his on the field poise and skill. In the limited time I have watch him play he looks uncomfortable on the field and makes mistakes.
Kind of like RGIII after he tore his knee, something changed. A light went out.

Injury History from Draft Sharks
Oct 17, 2015, Hand Wrist Fracture - Wentz broke a bone in his throwing wrist that required surgery.
Aug 11, 2016, Chest Rib Fracture, Wentz suffered a hairline fracture in his ribs against Tampa Bay.
Dec 10, 2017, ACL and LCL Tear Grade 3 Wentz departed in the 2nd quarter with a torn ACL & LCL. He returned for Week 3 of the 2018 season.
Oct 11, 2018, Back Vertebral Fracture, Exact date of injury is unknown, but Wentz's back trouble dates back to October. He missed the final 3 games of the year but avoided surgery.
Jan 5, 2020, Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1, Carson suffered a concussion in the team's Wild Card playoff loss to the Seahawks in the first quarter.
Jul 29, 2021, Pedal Foot, Wentz injured his foot during Indianapolis' training camp practice. He missed the remainder of the preseason.
Sep 19, 2021, Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3, Wentz suffered ankle injuries in the Week 2 game vs. the Rams. He was available for the next game
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #152
rocnrik
Playmaker

If RR came out and said yea I been reading the fan forums and I think we will stay put with Taylor because a lot of fans don’t like any of the rookie QBs and they hate Trubisky, Wentz, jimmy G , Marriotta.. we whiffed on Wilson and Rogers was never gonna leave GB .
This really was the only move .. I would like to see what Winston gets in a trade ( is he worth our first round pic?) Wentz is a upgrade over Taylor who most of you refer to as noodle arm and some said doesn’t belong in the league ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #153
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I will give you Jones. But no he is not better than Hurts. Nope. If he was better than he'd still be an Eagle.

And perhaps so would the Philly coach who benched him.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:49 PM   #154
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Wentz played with one of the best OL’s in football, yet he collapsed the last 3 games Of the season, he basically sucked!! I saw a couple of games and he looked washed up and had a noodle for an arm.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #155
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Time will tell if this was a good move. I'm more optimistic than not.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:00 PM   #156
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Wentz Colts highlights:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05UB5Wwj5yg
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #157
rocnrik
Playmaker

Maybe Wentz hanging around Taylor will help .. If you could combine there strengths you would have a damn good QB !
Old 03-09-2022, 06:02 PM   #158
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wentz played with one of the best OL’s in football, yet he collapsed the last 3 games Of the season, he basically sucked!! I saw a couple of games and he looked washed up and had a noodle for an arm.
I had an over season win total of 9.5 for the Colts. All they had to do was beat Jacksonville and I got $500. I proceeded to watch Wentz just fall apart. He couldn't do anything right when they needed him the most. Total choker against the worst team in football. Dude isn't a baller at all.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:05 PM   #159
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree he has some sort of mental breakdown in games that matter … maybe Ron can figure it out
Old 03-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #160
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Who is our best player?
Check that. 3rd rounder and it's McLaurin.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #161
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Now you're just being irrational about the value of 2nd and 3rd rounders. They could be good, they could be complete non contributors, and they could end up as depth guys.

On the layup issue, I agree that's a problem, and ultimately what stops him from being considered anything better than an average starter. At the same time Bridgewater has never thrown for 27 touchdowns. So he might make layups but that's all he makes. Jameis, well he makes half court shots but he also turns the ball over like crazy.

I think you're looking at having to commit more guaranteed money to Teddy and Jameis than you think. There are still teams out there thirsty for QBs. Let's revisit this in a few weeks once those guys have signed. Bet you feel better about not having any guaranteed money committed to Wentz once you see what those guys get on the market.
What I'm trying to say is I'd rather have my draft picks and take a chance on getting a free agent- Bridgwater, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota over giving up my picks and getting Wentz. To me Wentz isn't any better than the guys I just listed. If I struck out w/ all of them then I'm going back to Taylor/Allen and I am drafting someone.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:13 PM   #162
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is I'd rather have my draft picks and take a chance on getting a free agent- Bridgwater, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota over giving up my picks and getting Wentz. To me Wentz isn't any better than the guys I just listed. If I struck out w/ all of them then I'm going back to Taylor/Allen and I am drafting someone.
That basically assures that they start the season with Heinicke at QB, which would be the ultimate offseason failure.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #163
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
And perhaps so would the Philly coach who benched him.
So you know more about Wentz than Doug P? He benched him for Hurts. Then management decided Hurts was better and traded him after they fired Doug P. Now after a year Indy has passed and traded him to the team that always takes an L on QB trades.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #164
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I had an over season win total of 9.5 for the Colts. All they had to do was beat Jacksonville and I got $500. I proceeded to watch Wentz just fall apart. He couldn't do anything right when they needed him the most. Total choker against the worst team in football. Dude isn't a baller at all.
All you had to say was that Wentz lost you money. I'd be mad too, but that's why I don't gamble.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:16 PM   #165
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
All you had to say was that Wentz lost you money. I'd be mad too, but that's why I don't gamble.
yeah but still I never really liked him before that. just don't think much of him as a QB. never have.