Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Since we signed Patten....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Since we signed Patten....

Ok if your look at our WR's we have Coles, Patten, Thrash, Jacobs, and McCants right now. Even if Coles is traded to the Jets we will still get Santana Moss. So my question is do we still go after a WR in the draft??? With Pierce gone and reports of Barrow being cut should we work on getting a MLB such as Bell or Hartwell since the MLB is considered the QB of the D and sign a decent CB then DRAFT a CB??? I think now that we have 2 holes one at CB and one at MLB we go after a big time MLB since there are really none in the draft and make an effort to get Smoot yet if he is out of our range pick up a solid CB then Draft Antrel Rolle, Pac Man or even trading down picking up a 2nd rounder and get Justin Miller in the later part of the first giving us a shot at a pass rushing DE in the 2nd. Just a thought......how bout you guys???
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Re: Since we signed Patten....

if we took derrick johnson from texas and played him inside id be extremely happy
Old 03-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

I would love that too but he is definatly an OLB. He is like another LaVar. We couldn't bring him inside.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
gortiz
Special Teams

I think we should still go after a WR because I learned one thing over 16 games last season, Gregg Williams can get alot out of little. I mean, we had a whoop ass Defense without Lavar? or Barrow? I think his game planning, eye for talent and intensity can make up for not having good players. At this point, I think Gibbs needs more help on O. Ramsey is tough, smart and some what proven , but he needs help on WR. That crew of WR'd you named are not going to cut it. Is it possible that the skins don't have a WR over 6 foot?
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortiz
I think we should still go after a WR because I learned one thing over 16 games last season, Gregg Williams can get alot out of little. I mean, we had a whoop ass Defense without Lavar? or Barrow? I think his game planning, eye for talent and intensity can make up for not having good players. At this point, I think Gibbs needs more help on O. Ramsey is tough, smart and some what proven , but he needs help on WR. That crew of WR'd you named are not going to cut it. Is it possible that the skins don't have a WR over 6 foot?

Great mind's think alike Gortiz!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
That Guy
Living Legend

still prefer WR right now... though i wouldn't object to a DE, we really need a top ten WR, we can get a DE in the 2nd round or so...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #7
aehs77
Special Teams

if mike williams is available then i cant see passing over him
aehs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #8
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

I agree with if Mike Williams is there and if the Vikings take Plax he might be there but if he is gone I think a CB might be a better option
Old 03-03-2005, 09:36 PM   #9
KLHJ2
Inactive

I can argue either way toward a CB or a WR as far as our 1st rounder, that is why I agree with drafting for the side of the ball we struggled the most with last year, and that's offense.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
Shane
Special Teams

I tend to think the best thing to do is to draft the best player available regardless of position. That way you get the most talent on your team, and other players can be obtained through other draft choices, free agency, and trades. If you need a wide receiver, and Lawrence Taylor is available on the draft board, personally I take LT.

If the talent is roughly equal, to me it is too early to say what position to draft for this year. The wide receiver position is so unsettled for us still. If Coles stays, does he have a different attitude and get with the program? Even if so, is his health going to have improved enough to be more of a difference maker? If he leaves, do we get Santana Moss?

Are we going to re-sign Fred Smoot? Will we sign Samari Rolle instead? Do our coaches think we need to sign or draft anyone at corner even if Fred leaves?

It does look likely we will want to sign a veteran middle linebacker, with both Pierce and Barrow out of the picture.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

Let's hope Burress goes to the Vikes so we can have a shot at Mike Williams.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #12
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I agree Shane - you need to draft for talent - which is what we did with Taylor. However, you're also not going to use our pick on D. Johnson who is perhaps the best player in the draft because we don't need him. You need to use a little common sense when drafting as far as position - but take the best available talent in a range of spots. I feel Mike Williams is that talent. He could be a bust, he's not a sure thing, but he could be a great receiver in the CJ, TO, Moss type build.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:24 AM   #13
That Guy
Living Legend

williams is really the best shot we'll have at getting a top flight WR in the near future, so i still think its important we take the risk with him since they're hard to come by (by the 2nd round lots of WRs will be left, but no one nearly as likely to turn into a top ten type of guy, and we're not in need of more 2nd tier types)... I think a good DE/DT will be available by the 2nd round, though you may be looking more at backup to help rotate and keep the line fresh rather than a dominate pass rusher.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 AM   #14
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
williams is really the best shot we'll have at getting a top flight WR in the near future, so i still think its important we take the risk with him since they're hard to come by (by the 2nd round lots of WRs will be left, but no one nearly as likely to turn into a top ten type of guy, and we're not in need of more 2nd tier types)... I think a good DE/DT will be available by the 2nd round, though you may be looking more at backup to help rotate and keep the line fresh rather than a dominate pass rusher.
OK, but we dont have a 2nd round pick as of now!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:19 AM   #15
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
OK, but we dont have a 2nd round pick as of now!
bah, details, details...