Playmaker

Re: Since we signed Patten....

lol!!!!

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #17
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

[QUOTE=Shane]I tend to think the best thing to do is to draft the best player available regardless of position. QUOTE]

I almost totally agree with this notion, but then again we lost Coles AND Gardner and just got Patten and Moss. I think we need more help at wideout. We don't have a proven #2 wideout right now.

Moss was set to be demoted to #3, Patten was the Pats #3 or 4, Thrash is well Thrash, and Jacobs hasn't touched the starting lineup.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #18
KLHJ2
Inactive

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
I tend to think the best thing to do is to draft the best player available regardless of position. QUOTE]

I almost totally agree with this notion, but then again we lost Coles AND Gardner and just got Patten and Moss. I think we need more help at wideout. We don't have a proven #2 wideout right now.

Moss was set to be demoted to #3, Patten was the Pats #3 or 4, Thrash is well Thrash, and Jacobs hasn't touched the starting lineup.
While Jacobs hasnt touched the starting line up he has been getting groomed for it. Whether we draft a WR or not I think that we will be ok. Think about it Even Sean Taylor didn't start right away, so what makes you think that A 1st round drafted rookie would and have a significant impact on the offense.

Furthermore, Taylor Jacobs just hasn't been given the opportunity to shine yet. He was in the shadows of Coles and Gardner. They were getting paid to be the starters, so naturally were going to start. I am not saying that he is the man, but lets give him a chance in game situations before we declare him as garbage.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

yeah but i think mike williams could prove himself to be a #2 wideout. david patten is a great slot receiver. mike williams is probably the best wideout in the draft. after the way the experts talked about him after he missed a year, its obvious his talent hasn't gone away with the year. mike williams could be like art monk. he's that type of guy. no, he's not very fast, but we only need one guy who can catch the long ball, and both santana moss and david patten have proven they can do that.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #20
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Angryssg,

I totally agree that Jacobs hasn't been given a chance to shine yet. Champ Bailey, Stan Hixon, and Rob Johnson all said he ran the best routes they've ever seen a rookie run. The guy has a huge upside.

However, he's totally unproven at a key position. Plus, Florida guys don't have the best record at transitioning from college into the Pros.

So, I am still somewhat nervous about how good our wideouts will be next season. The keys to the offense and how well our wideouts perform are Ramsey and Gibbs. Ramsey's a decent starter and has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowler. But, he hasn't reached the second level of play. Gibbs is a Hall-of-Famer, but his slowness in adapting his offense last season is a bit disconcerting.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

yeah but i think gibbs will slowly start to understand modern day football. he already has defense covered, but he needs to work on his offensive skills. lets see, our wideouts next year will be moss, patten, (could be mike williams in the third slot), thrash and jacobs. i don't know about rod gardners situation, if they can't work out a trade, what will he do in 2005? will they release him? i hope we at least get a draft pick in return.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #22
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Angryssg,

I totally agree that Jacobs hasn't been given a chance to shine yet. Champ Bailey, Stan Hixon, and Rob Johnson all said he ran the best routes they've ever seen a rookie run. The guy has a huge upside.

However, he's totally unproven at a key position. Plus, Florida guys don't have the best record at transitioning from college into the Pros.

So, I am still somewhat nervous about how good our wideouts will be next season. The keys to the offense and how well our wideouts perform are Ramsey and Gibbs. Ramsey's a decent starter and has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowler. But, he hasn't reached the second level of play. Gibbs is a Hall-of-Famer, but his slowness in adapting his offense last season is a bit disconcerting.
You say that florida players do not transition well into the pros. Statistically isnt it about time that one finally does? I want that one to be Jacobs. Ramsey could have reached the level of play you speak of last year had he started all of the way through the season. But, we will never know that for sure. In the defense of Gibbs, wehen he left the NFL you ran to open up the pass. Now a days you pass to open up the run (Generally speaking not alwys true). I think that joe realizes that now.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

hey what happened to darnerian mccants. i heard that joe gibbs doesn't like him because he's not a great wideout and he's not a big contributer on special teams. i heard they were gonna release him. do you think he will be playing for us again next year?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #24
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
hey what happened to darnerian mccants. i heard that joe gibbs doesn't like him because he's not a great wideout and he's not a big contributer on special teams. i heard they were gonna release him. do you think he will be playing for us again next year?
They havnt released him yet so dont get your panties in a bunch. They are still trying t oevaluate him to see if he fits with their system. If he can fit somewhere they will keep him. If not then bye bye DM.