Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #31
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,976
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think it’s going to be a tough road to hoe if our QB situation turns out to look like Blake Bortles. What a miserable failure.
Not the point.

It's easier to build a great D than have a great QB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #32
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,966
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I agree except the Dion Hamilton part. Dion was a 6th round pick Rookie who was coming back from an ACL. I am not saying he is the second coming of Dick Butkus, but he might turn out to be ok. He just needed time to develop.
Agreed.
I was down on him early but he's shown signs of improvements later in the year.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,207
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Have to agree, if he is innocent of domestic violence why would he continue to hang around with a women who supposedly made up lies that got his ass thrown in jail?
This is what I mean, dumb guy who simply can't be counted on. You go to the combine and get in a fight with a hospital worker? Then fail the drug test when you already know you're getting tested?? Then you fail another one after being drafted??? Then all the shit w/ the girl.. smh.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #34
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,729
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I agree except the Dion Hamilton part. Dion was a 6th round pick Rookie who was coming back from an ACL. I am not saying he is the second coming of Dick Butkus, but he might turn out to be ok. He just needed time to develop.
With the Foster news...ILB seems to be solidified with a nice mix of depth with vets and developing talent. Hamilton and Harvey-Clemons...

Depending on how the draft goes...if we could get a decent TE prospect we still could cut Mason Foster, Vernon Davis and extend Brandon....Edge Ezekiel Ansah is still out there waiting for that one year prove it deal. I’d consider it...he could be a bargain.
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #35
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,528
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
With the Foster news...ILB seems to be solidified with a nice mix of depth with vets and developing talent. Hamilton and Harvey-Clemons...

Depending on how the draft goes...if we could get a decent TE prospect we still could cut Mason Foster, Vernon Davis and extend Brandon....Edge Ezekiel Ansah is still out there waiting for that one year prove it deal. I’d consider it...he could be a bargain.
Agreed, but the Most pressing roster move is Jordan Reed and his $9.7 million dollar cap hit. Either he is restructured or cut. The guy is a huge liability in the running game because he cannot block, because he is fragile, which makes him not an every down TE. At $9.7M and not being a every down TE Something needs to be done. It is not 2015 anymore and Reed has proven he cannot stay healthy or have a 1000 yard season.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #36
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,003
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Agreed, but the Most pressing roster move is Jordan Reed and his $9.7 million dollar cap hit. Either he is restructured or cut. The guy is a huge liability in the running game because he cannot block, because he is fragile, which makes him not an every down TE. At $9.7M and not being a every down TE Something needs to be done. It is not 2015 anymore and Reed has proven he cannot stay healthy or have a 1000 yard season.
Reed is either out or too banged up to be effective an average of half the games a year, and as you said he cannot block. That makes him hugely over paid.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #37
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,729
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Yeah I wouldn’t cut Reed now...but Vernon Davis I certainly would if we draft a TE
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #38
Randall Nestor
Camp Scrub
 
Randall Nestor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 78
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

If I were the skins I would trade back a few spots to pick up an extra pick or two. We need as many young, fast studs as possible. I just don't we are as stacked at RB as some people seem to think we are. Other that Guice, we have an old peterson and thompson seems to be hurt a lot. I wouldn't mind another stud RB just in case of more injuries.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:51 PM   #39
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,528
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I wouldn’t cut Reed now...but Vernon Davis I certainly would if we draft a TE
Why not cut Reed?
Will there be some miracle that Reed will suddenly play more than he misses? As players get older they become more likely to get hurt, not less.Have you ever looked at Reed’s NFL career stats? Pretty underwhelming.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:16 AM   #40
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,729
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Why not cut Reed?
Will there be some miracle that Reed will suddenly play more than he misses? As players get older they become more likely to get hurt, not less.Have you ever looked at Reed’s NFL career stats? Pretty underwhelming.
I wouldn’t keep Vernon Davis over Reed in any scenario.
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #41
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,144
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Is Vernon Davis' cap hit really $6M this year?
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:31 AM   #42
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,207
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I wouldn’t keep Vernon Davis over Reed in any scenario.
There is no way we cut both. Davis is gone. He doesn't even try to block anyone, it's just not in his DNA to do it. At least Reed tries, he just isn't physical violent or strong enough.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #43
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,548
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Is Vernon Davis' cap hit really $6M this year?
Yes, $6.3M.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #44
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,144
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yes, $6.3M.
Aye yai yai.
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #45
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,871
Re: Reuben Foster to be fined but not suspended by NFL

Once again and not surprisingly the NFL has pissed in their own shoes and failed miserably at any consistency in enforcing their "domestic violence policy".
sandtrapjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.16873 seconds with 12 queries