He's a bust 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #91
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Dwayne Haskins preseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
My damn power went out just when the game started and didn't come back till it was over. It seemed like normally Redskin hating MSN had good things to say about Haskins. Was his footwork any better from game one?
https://youtu.be/fikRYYqwv5o

The video will show you all Haskins's throwing plays
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #92
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's as smart as it gets for reading a defense, it's actually his greatest attribute
That is quite the combination with his cannon attached to his body and how big he is. Love his confidence also and the fact that he came from a big time program where he excelled in big games. I prefer big qbs for numerous reasons in this league. Haskins is gonna be the man in DC ultimately!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:03 PM   #93
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
https://youtu.be/fikRYYqwv5o

The video will show you all Haskins's throwing plays
Thanks, perfect. I have Verizon Wireless for internet and only 15GB a month, so I definitely didn't want to watch the whole game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #94
metalskins
The Starter

I like the idea of giving both Keenum and Haskins some time with the 1's to see where they are at. I'm excited for Haskins, though. Of course, I had to go upstairs and put my son to bed and when I had gotten back down stairs to keep watching the game (was watching a stream on the computer), Haskins had just thrown that strike to Davis! Can't believe I missed it! Got to see the replay though and man, what a pretty play!
Old 08-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #95
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I like the idea of giving both Keenum and Haskins some time with the 1's to see where they are at. I'm excited for Haskins, though. Of course, I had to go upstairs and put my son to bed and when I had gotten back down stairs to keep watching the game (was watching a stream on the computer), Haskins had just thrown that strike to Davis! Can't believe I missed it! Got to see the replay though and man, what a pretty play!
How old is your son? What kind of parent are you not allowing him a later bed time if the Redskins are on.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #96
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Word is Case will start week 3 which means he's pretty much the QB1 and I'm fine with that for Philly
Old 08-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #97
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Word is Case will start week 3 which means he's pretty much the QB1 and I'm fine with that for Philly
I sure hope we see a lot of the starters in this one. They really need the reps. I felt Case has looked fine in his limited action. I feel many are underestimating his experience overall in the NFL.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #98
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Half of us are gonna be pissed, half indifferent. Me, I don't care who starts, I just want whoever won the position to start. Hope that's the case here and not just a default decision.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #99
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I say let Haskins start week 4 with the starters for 2 series just to gauge him. I think it's pretty established by now he's going to be riding the bench in the regular season until Keenum loses the job.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #100
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yes cuz I seem to remember Case playing so well against Philly the last time.. lol, but I mean sure let him get beat up cuz our line is sub par and their front 7 is pretty strong. I still think we'll get blown out by their defense and ours will try it's bet to keep us in the game but will get gassed and gashed like usual. Seen this movie before. We don't have a QB or a coach that can game plan and adjust well enough to give us a fighting chance against an opponent who (disgustingly sadly and boils my blood) out matches us
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Yes cuz I seem to remember Case playing so well against Philly the last time.. lol, but I mean sure let him get beat up cuz our line is sub par and their front 7 is pretty strong. I still think we'll get blown out by their defense and ours will try it's bet to keep us in the game but will get gassed and gashed like usual. Seen this movie before. We don't have a QB or a coach that can game plan and adjust well enough to give us a fighting chance against an opponent who (disgustingly sadly and boils my blood) out matches us
I actually think we can beat them IF we take care of the football.. We do need a big play or 2 downfield to help the run game.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #102
MTK
\m/

Wish we’d start Haskins against Atlanta and give him the whole first half with the starters. We know what we’ve got in Case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #103
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wish we’d start Haskins against Atlanta and give him the whole first half with the starters. We know what we’ve got in Case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be nice but I'm sure Case will get the first half unfortunately
Old 08-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #104
Schneed10
A Dude

Jay's got to play for his job, so he has every incentive to play the guy who is ready now. He knows what Keenum is - he knows he's got the lowest risk of turning the ball over, which will work best with his defense & run game oriented team.

The only way starting Haskins becomes a consideration for Jay is if the front office makes him. They could easily say hey we don't think we're going to be real good anyway and force him to start the rookie.

But then you introduce the possibility of Jay throwing up his hands and the locker room disengaging, and none of that is good.

Starting Keenum makes the most sense if you're trying to win games this year. And I'd argue that if you want to build a culture that's worth a crap, you need to try to win every year, no matter what. Play the best guy. Haskins will be the best guy some day, but he's not now.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Jay's got to play for his job, so he has every incentive to play the guy who is ready now. He knows what Keenum is - he knows he's got the lowest risk of turning the ball over, which will work best with his defense & run game oriented team.

The only way starting Haskins becomes a consideration for Jay is if the front office makes him. They could easily say hey we don't think we're going to be real good anyway and force him to start the rookie.

But then you introduce the possibility of Jay throwing up his hands and the locker room disengaging, and none of that is good.

Starting Keenum makes the most sense if you're trying to win games this year. And I'd argue that if you want to build a culture that's worth a crap, you need to try to win every year, no matter what. Play the best guy. Haskins will be the best guy some day, but he's not now.

And to add to this, in all reality Haskins isn't ready to start. It would be different if we didn't have Case, I'm fine with DH sitting this yr