Week 6:Redskins vs. Colts Gameday thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #1096
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Week 6:Redskins vs. Colts Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Good effort with your best player on the bench, Shanahan. Time to smarten' the **** up...
Put down the weed bro. AH is not our best player.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #1097
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Wel we've beaten 3 teams almost everyone declared playoff locks when the season started, so let's not take that away from the skins
All great wins. I just don't think this team does enough things well enough to be a playoff team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #1098
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
All great wins. I just don't think this team does enough things well enough to be a playoff team.

I feel better about this team at 3-3 and then I did about the 6-2 Zorn start, last nights game would have been a blown out if Zorn was coaching.

Think about his prime time Steelers game last year I want to hide under my bed after that one.

The Redskins held their own against the Colts and had a chance to win it at the end not much more yo ucan ask of a team in it's first year under a new coach and playing with practice squad players.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #1099
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Win or lose, the Redskins are proving that they can hang with Super Bowl caliber teams like the Colts. Eventually the Redskins are going to make that next step toward beating those teams, but they are just not there yet. Still, playing this brutal schedule makes the 'skins better, even if the record may or may not say so by the end of the year.

I can't really hang my head down on this loss. Yes, I wanted the Redskins to win, but they played a heck of a lot better than what I thought they were going to play against the Colts. Honestly, I didn't think they had a chance against them and darn near came back to beat them. The 'skins are much improved but still have a long ways to go. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #1100
44ever

Quote:
Good effort with your best player on the bench, Shanahan. Time to smarten' the **** up...
Agree Bro! I think if AH played it could have been just enough to tip the W in our favor. If he's not "the best" player on our team, he's certainly close enough.

At any rate The Skins surprised me again. They played way above my expectations so for that I'm satisfied in the sense that Shanny is making a difference and the players are responding to his authority.

We're 3-3 but we are actually starting develop some talented playmakers. I think it's important to get AH back out on the field ASAP! He was just starting to play AH football before the death of his brother. He needs to continue to develop with his team if he is expected to re-emerge.

My hope is that AH sat on his own and it was not Shannys call. But I suspect the later.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #1101
MTK
\m/

In the wide open NFC, I really don't see why the Skins can't be a playoff team. Still 10 games to go, 4 in the division, way too early to be writing them off.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #1102
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

I can see the Redskins beating any team in the NFC. Not going to play the coulda woulda shoulda game but we were in position to win that game last night, and the Colts DESTROYED the giants when they played them and we were 1/2 a yard more air on a Mcnabb pass from winning....shoot I said I WASNT going to play the shoulda woulda game....oh well!
Hail
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #1103
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Once again, this is all speculation and your opinion. Nothing personal.

Bottom line. We lost and we are left holding our dicks wondering what could have been different.
If you hold your d!(k after a loss what do you do when we win? Ok, maybe we don't want to know.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #1104
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
wow...terry schiavo questioned that playcall Kyle.
Can we ban this jerk?

Anyways...GREAT GAME, SKINS. Proud of them...they nearly beat Peyton Manning's team.

It was definitely a game of MISSED OPPORTUNITIES...Rogers and Moore dropping easy INTs.

The D played GREAT. Manning was working so fast that any D would get gassed. We didn't have time for substitutions or anything other than basic defensive alignments...but we did force turnovers and even though Manning's numbers were big, we really didn't let him blow us out like he's capable of. Look what he did to the Giants.

That last INT was a great play by the Colts' defender. If he didn't make that acrobatic catch, Galloway would have score...the pass was going to drop right into his hands in stride with no one in front of him. A few miscues by McNabb but he showed a ton of leadership and made more great plays than bad. Torain is officially a star.

I just hope Cooley is OK, but we do have the best backup TE in the league.

The Bears have no chance. Cutler will be sacked at least 8 times...calling it now.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #1105
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Hey, I told everyone i knew, that if we went 3 and 3, we would make the playoffs. Well I hope they will.
Our schedule has been BRUTAL so far and we're .500.

We're a solid team.

*We began the downfall of Dallas.
*We lost to Houston only because our kicker was iced.
*Rams - well, we blew that one but the Rams are looking legit this year, could end up .500 at year-end in that division.
*We beat a solid Philly team.
*We beat Green Bay, the popular SB pick from the NFC.
*We hung with and nearly beat PEYTON MANNING.

Add to that our opponent casualty list...we're a force in the NFC.

1 win out of first place and those teams ahead of us have not played as many tough teams as us...but they will in the remainder of the year. Dallas is sunk.

Philly sched:
L - Packers
W - Lions (barely, by a FG)
W - Jags
L - SKINS
W - 49ers (barely, by a FG)
W - Falcons = 1st impressive win of year, lost DeSean Jackson?

NJ sched:
W - Panthers
L - Colts blew them out 38-14
L - Titans blew them out 29-10
W - Bears
W - Texans, impressive win
W - Lions, only 28-20

We've been in EVERY game except the 2 TD-loss to the Rams and considering we're installing a new offense with new QB with a new coordinator, a new defense (big change) with a new coordinator and all done under a new head coach and GM...we're progressing fine. Our offense AND defense are both looking better each week. We'll be firing on all cylinders soon enough.

Our remaining schedule:

Bears = W
Lions = W
*bye*
Eagles = W, we've proven we can beat them already
Titans = test
Vikings = test if they start rolling, but beatable as they are playing now
Giants = possible test but they either win or get blown out it seems
Bucs = W, they're not as good as their record
Cowgirls = W
Jags = W, they've had some impressive wins, but Garrard can't carry them all year
Giants = see above

I'm not saying we'll win every game, but every game we're playing from here out is definitely WINNABLE. The Titans matchup is our toughest-remaining game.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #1106
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I totally agree Buster. We have chance in every game left on the schedule barring a string of unforeseen injuries.

I will conclude though that playing the Giants is going to be the biggest test we have. They are the team thaat have been owniing us the last few years.

So if we split with the Giants and beat Philly and Dallas again.

We are 5-1 and right in the thick of things for sure!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #1107
horse
Impact Rookie

Everybody quit bitching at the very least we're headed in the right direction and Shannahan will make it happen sooner than later. I love the effort, love the fight, we very well could've won this did'nt happen this time. We could be 0-6, but we could be 6-0 so we're probably where we should be, but improving every week.