Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #181
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how come no one in this organization, that makes the player decisions, values the QB position? this has been a QB driven league for quite some time. but yet the skins, year after year, fail to understand that
I don't think its a question of not valuing the QB position, but simply not having a coherent strategy in place to building the roster appropriately at that position.

Most of the decisions show no plan and end up as knee jerk and simply unacceptable and foolish.

1 The trade to move up for RG3...its laughable we gave up that much, NOBODY has given what we did to move up. Desperate and franchise-setting back.
2 The McNabb trade, knee-jerk for a washed up QB. We clearly gave up too much. McNabb was probably gonna be cut.
3. Handling of Cousins. Refused to seriously give Cousins a long term contract. Could have given him a deal... I believe the counter was 19 mil per? Should have traded him after the first Franchise tag and would have re-couped a hefty sum. We end up getting peanuts.
4. Never have drafted a serious young QB on the roster since...Jay's guy "Colt" took a rooster spot that could have been given to a capable young arm.
5. Alex...got burnt again by Reid. Knee jerk as fuck...inexplicably included an extremely talented young CB. On top of a trade, gave a long term deal to a 33 year old which again hand cuffs the team in cap with getting better. End up with DRC and Erick Flowers of the world.

There is no way in the world Bruce should have a fucking job. none

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #182
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Chris Mortenson on Sirius XM " The Redskins are very much so alive in the Rosen race, should the @AZCardinals select Kyler Murray."

I don't buy the Pats being a contender for Rosen, or Miami. I really think it's us and the Giants
Agreed. Trading for Rosen doesn't make sense for them unless Brady has communicated to them that this is his final year. Since all his public comments indicate otherwise, I don't think that likely.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #183
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Agreed. Trading for Rosen doesn't make sense for them unless Brady has communicated to them that this is his final year. Since all his public comments indicate otherwise, I don't think that likely.
Yeah and Miami is tanking for picks and a top QB next yr, so really it's 2 teams. If the Giants offer a first they can have him
Old 04-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #184
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Brady is the reason why Jimmy G. is in San Francisco. Unless there is a power shift in New England, the Pats are not going to be drafting Brady's heir apparent that high or any time soon.

I find it a bit funny that I feel that both the Pats and Giants are in similar situations in terms of having a veteran QB that is somehow stopping them from acquiring their QB of the future, except for, of course, the fact that the Pats just keep winning.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #185
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah and Miami is tanking for picks and a top QB next yr, so really it's 2 teams. If the Giants offer a first they can have him
It depends on whether we are dead set on getting our QB of the future this year or if we are fine rolling with Keenum and McCoy this year and getting our future QB next year (my preferred option). If they are dead set on it, then i would much rather them trade our first for Rosen than use that pick on any of the guys in this years draft. I'm obviously not an expert, but those that are experts and who don't have agendas (like everyone who works for ESPN, NFL network, etc.), generally seem to think this draft class doesn't have any QBs with elite potential. Just serviceable starters and career backups. Rosen is more likely to be a star than any of them.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #186
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It depends on whether we are dead set on getting our QB of the future this year or if we are fine rolling with Keenum and McCoy this year and getting our future QB next year (my preferred option). If they are dead set on it, then i would much rather them trade our first for Rosen than use that pick on any of the guys in this years draft. I'm obviously not an expert, but those that are experts and who don't have agendas (like everyone who works for ESPN, NFL network, etc.), generally seem to think this draft class doesn't have any QBs with elite potential. Just serviceable starters and career backups. Rosen is more likely to be a star than any of them.
I wouldn't be mad if we gave up 15 for Rosen but I'd love to do a 15 for Him and one of their later picks like a 4th or 5th. As for the Elite QB stuff, it's so hard to predict, even those guys on talk shows are throwing guesses out there. Remember a ton of folks thought RG3 was the next game changer..
Old 04-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #187
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I don't think its a question of not valuing the QB position, but simply not having a coherent strategy in place to building the roster appropriately at that position.

Most of the decisions show no plan and end up as knee jerk and simply unacceptable and foolish.

1 The trade to move up for RG3...its laughable we gave up that much, NOBODY has given what we did to move up. Desperate and franchise-setting back.
2 The McNabb trade, knee-jerk for a washed up QB. We clearly gave up too much. McNabb was probably gonna be cut.
3. Handling of Cousins. Refused to seriously give Cousins a long term contract. Could have given him a deal... I believe the counter was 19 mil per? Should have traded him after the first Franchise tag and would have re-couped a hefty sum. We end up getting peanuts.
4. Never have drafted a serious young QB on the roster since...Jay's guy "Colt" took a rooster spot that could have been given to a capable young arm.
5. Alex...got burnt again by Reid. Knee jerk as fuck...inexplicably included an extremely talented young CB. On top of a trade, gave a long term deal to a 33 year old which again hand cuffs the team in cap with getting better. End up with DRC and Erick Flowers of the world.

There is no way in the world Bruce should have a fucking job. none
Your too obsessed with Alex Smith (maybe the way I'm obsessed about how Cousins was terrible for this franchise). Unless Andy Reid knew Alex was going to break his leg, the outcome of the Smith trade would have been very different. And it is a bit ridiculous to say that it was a bad trade because of an injury.

Had Alex stay healthy, the team would have likely ugly-win its way to a playoff berth (likely a 1 and done in the playoffs) and this offseason would be WAYYY different. And unless Fuller turns out to be the next Patrick Peterson, people need to get over that too.

I know we have terrible front office, but I just hate the way people shit on Alex Smith because he didn't come and throw a ton of yards (and picks) in a losing effort the way Cousins did. Alex brought in a ton of much needed leadership and the way the team fell apart when he went out shows that.

Yes, RG3 was a bad decision; so was McNabb, so was not drafting a young QB or not trading Cousins once they should have realized he didn't want to play here. And I would say the same of Alex if he had played the whole season and we have had the same outcome; but he didn't because he got hurt.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #188
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Your too obsessed with Alex Smith (maybe the way I'm obsessed about how Cousins was terrible for this franchise). Unless Andy Reid knew Alex was going to break his leg, the outcome of the Smith trade would have been very different. And it is a bit ridiculous to say that it was a bad trade because of an injury.

Had Alex stay healthy, the team would have likely ugly-win its way to a playoff berth (likely a 1 and done in the playoffs) and this offseason would be WAYYY different. And unless Fuller turns out to be the next Patrick Peterson, people need to get over that too.

I know we have terrible front office, but I just hate the way people shit on Alex Smith because he didn't come and throw a ton of yards (and picks) in a losing effort the way Cousins did. Alex brought in a ton of much needed leadership and the way the team fell apart when he went out shows that.

Yes, RG3 was a bad decision; so was McNabb, so was not drafting a young QB or not trading Cousins once they should have realized he didn't want to play here. And I would say the same of Alex if he had played the whole season and we have had the same outcome; but he didn't because he got hurt.
Strongly disagree with trading young defensive talent for 33 year old QB. And the big contract on top...Bruce didn't have to do that, but he did.

I didn't even mention the performance or the injury...but since you did, his performance was seriously lacking. The injury was terrible, and I feel bad for Alex.

But facts are facts

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #189
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Strongly disagree with trading young defensive talent for 33 year old QB. And the big contract on top...Bruce didn't have to do that, but he did.

I didn't even mention the performance or the injury...but since you did, his performance was seriously lacking. The injury was terrible, and I feel bad for Alex.

But facts are facts
So you are assuming that Alex would have come to the team without the contract we gave him? Is that a fact? Are you his agent?

I didn't like giving up Fuller either, so I give you that.

Smith wasn't lighting the world on fire, but it was his first season with the team and even without him lighting it up on offense the team was winning. The team could have had more ugly-wins had he stayed healthy or he could have stunk it up, but no one knows what could have happened.

Also, my issue with fans and Alex is that they always made excuses for Cousins and were willing to give him a pass when he played here. But they were expecting Alex to come in and win right away and not give him the same leeway Cousins was given.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #190
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you are assuming that Alex would have come to the team without the contract we gave him? Is that a fact? Are you his agent?

I didn't like giving up Fuller either, so I give you that.

Smith wasn't lighting the world on fire, but it was his first season with the team and even without him lighting it up on offense the team was winning. The team could have had more ugly-wins had he stayed healthy or he could have stunk it up, but no one knows what could have happened.

Also, my issue with fans and Alex is that they always made excuses for Cousins and were willing to give him a pass when he played here. But they were expecting Alex to come in and win right away and not give him the same leeway Cousins was given.
not trying to troll...but I gotta strong feeling Cousins balls this year

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #191
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
not trying to troll...but I gotta strong feeling Cousins balls this year
He might, otherwise the Vikes are royally screwed.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #192
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He might, otherwise the Vikes are royally screwed.
My personnel feeling is eff Cousins...

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #193
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
My personnel feeling is eff Cousins...
Two times.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #194
rocnrik
Playmaker

All I remember is RGIII got us in playoffs and didn’t he get rookie of year?? I also recall that folks blamed shanny for playing him hurt thus really hurting his career.. I just don’t remember thinking boy we really blew it when the deal went down.. the worse moves I remember is the Mcnabb and fat Albert deals .. horrible to say the least .. the way they handled Cousins is probably the way the Vikings would handle him in the same situation.. think minny is happy about what went down last year?? They thought Kirk was ticket to Super bowl.. didn’t make playoffs! Smith was somewhat of desperate move but at time a lot of football people liked the move.. and we had a winning record until he got hurt... I’m just saying it’s all about how you remember ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #195
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I kinda agree. 15th overall would be a lot. I'd be more than fine with it if we gave our 2nd. If our 1st for Rosen and a 3rd would do it, I wouldn't love it, but I'd be ok with the move.

I know a lot of you aren't high on Rosen. I am not necessarily either.

But:

-I don't think this FO and coaching staff is in position to tank
-If previous point is right, we need a QB (or 2019's gonna be long and painful)
-I don't think there's going to be a legit starting QB available at 15
-So do you trust them to trade up without ruining our future? I don't.
-If they do, do you trust them to develop a rookie QB and start him year 1? I don't.
-If they don't, do you trust them to find and develop a rookie QB in the later rounds and start him year 1? Hell no I don't!

So all things considered I think Rosen would make sense for us, with this stupid FO and incompetent HC, it'd be the less stupid move (right behind firing 'em all).