Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

fantasy football question

Fantasy Football

Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
DFI
Special Teams

fantasy football question

Hey I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I have a fantasy football question. I need to play three RB's this week. My roster includes:

1) Ryan Grant
2) Marshawn Lynch
3) Tim Hightower
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) Clinton Portis

Lynch is suspended so he is out the top three point scorers in week one were Grant, Hightower and Williams, but I am considering sitting williams or grant in favor of portis, thinking he is gonna have a good game.

any sugestions?
'Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.' Don Warren
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: fantasy football question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI View Post
Hey I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I have a fantasy football question. I need to play three RB's this week. My roster includes:

1) Ryan Grant
2) Marshawn Lynch
3) Tim Hightower
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) Clinton Portis

Lynch is suspended so he is out the top three point scorers in week one were Grant, Hightower and Williams, but I am considering sitting williams or grant in favor of portis, thinking he is gonna have a good game.

any sugestions?
Sit Hightower against Jacksonville. Grant should be good for ~1 TD against Cinci, and Portis could go for 120 this week.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

+1 on GTripp's notion.

If you can avoid it, don't sit Williams, especially now that Delhomme has forgotten how to play QB. They are going to lean heavily on Williams and Stewart.

And while you haven't said anything about point structure, if you get points per reception, I'd consider keeping Portis on the bench and starting Hightower, as Warner feels pretty comfortable getting him the ball out of the backfield.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
DFI
Special Teams

sorry we get points for rushing and reciving yard as well as touchdowns. based on the above advice and further thought I am leaning toward portis, williams and hightower

of course given my fantasy history I can safely assume what ever decision I make will undoubtedly be wrong
'Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.' Don Warren
Old 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Potris, Williams and Hightower. Beanie Wells is still a non-factor in AZ.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:

1) Ryan Grant
2) Marshawn Lynch
3) Tim Hightower
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) Clinton Portis

any sugestions?
I am self proclaimed fantasy expert, with too few championships in all my time playing to truly be that. But, your situation is easy. Ryan Grant is a stud and healthy, Portis against the Rams has a huge upside(non-skins fans agree), And DeAngelo Williams was often drafted this year as a top 5 running back. If you sit him in week 2, you're crazy. And Hightower is going to continue to lose carries to Beanie. Beanie by week 5 will be the td vulcher in 'zona.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
DFI
Special Teams

ok thanks I think I am going grant, portis and williams.

in an unrelated question I have brees and flacco. my son just told me I should play Flacco against SD rather than Brees against philly but I am inclinded to stick with Brees until he lets me down. any sugestions?
Old 09-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

1) Ryan Grant
2) Marshawn Lynch
3) Tim Hightower
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) Clinton Portis

any sugestions?
Portis, Williams, Grant
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

in an unrelated question I have brees and flacco. my son just told me I should play Flacco against SD rather than Brees against philly but I am inclinded to stick with Brees until he lets me down. any sugestions?
Just because Jake Delhomo turned the ball over 5 times against the eagles doesn't make the eagles the greatest D in the world, it makes JD look like garbage. Go with Brees.

I BET PEOPLE IN CAROLINA WOULD LOVE CAMPBELL RIGHT ABOUT NOW
Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
wolfeskins
The Starter

since we're talkin fantasy football, i'll throw out a question as well. i need to start 5 (five) of the following...
must start 2 rbs and 2 wr the other can be rb or wr.

forte vs pit.
tomlinson vs bal.
barber vs nyg
j. jones @ sf
s. moss vs rams
ochocinco @ gb
lee evans vs tb

what say you?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
DFI
Special Teams

I would sit evans and play the others
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
I would sit evans and play the others
if i sit evans i also have to sit one rb
Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
DFI
Special Teams

my bad. LT struglled against the raiders and hasn't practiced this week. the ravens are good on defense so I would sit him
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
GusFrerotte

Quote:

Philly is stuck with Kolb this week and Brees has the WR guns to still do some major damage. I wasn't impressed by SD Monday night, but still Brees has the WR corp and I don't think Kolb is going to get the job done, so Brees might be on the field quite a bit. IN a tough decision like this, just stick with your star.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #15
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

I played DeAngelo, Portis, & Freddy Jackson this same week.

i escaped with 1 TD from RBs. we give .1 per Rush Attempt too so im always in good shape with CP as a workhorse 15+ carries.