In memory of our REDSKINS

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #46
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
A source told ESPN that the plan, as of now, is to retain the franchise's use of burgundy and gold colors. Coach Ron Rivera had said the team wanted to include the military in its new name, as well.

So... no Redwolves?
Redwolves is a Navy helicopter unit out of Norfolk. It’s my pick so far from all the names put out there.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Redwolves is a Navy helicopter unit out of Norfolk. It’s my pick so far from all the names put out there.
Saw that online but would they really name the franchise after a Chopper unit? I'd think it would be more like "Vets" or something. Maybe Redtails is the answer
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

You can go with a wolves theme but also say it's a tie in to the military as well. Many ways to spin it.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #49
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
With that Norfolk connection, it just makes so much sense. I'm really warming up to the Wolves.

I'm still rooting for Warriors so we can use this look. It won't feel like the Redskins have completely died that way. Yes I admit it, I'm clinging onto any of the team's past that I can.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
With that Norfolk connection, it just makes so much sense. I'm really warming up to the Wolves.

I'm still rooting for Warriors so we can use this:

Those are still my favorite but I don't think they will use it
Old 07-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I wish Dan would have manned up and told the NFL, Fred Smith, incompetent dc govt and the sensitive ass lynch mob to go fuck themselves. I ain't changing shit. Instead he sold out cause of money. I hate Fred Smith. He isn't even from here and is going to tell Dan to change the name? Seriously screw that guy. Take your money and get lost.

In the end Dan is weak. He's not a leader, a maverick like Cooke was. He needs his new head coach to hold his balls. Say what you want about Al Davis but imagine someone telling him to change the Raiders. He would have lol in their faces.

As I said, I will never ever put some Redtail or Redwolf shit on.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:09 AM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Those are still my favorite but I don't think they will use it
You absolutely have to keep something that resembles Redskins. Warriors is the only name that makes any sense
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You absolutely have to keep something that resembles Redskins. Warriors is the only name that makes any sense
The Noles look is one of the best in all of sports, if we did that I'd absolutely love it
Old 07-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
The Noles look is one of the best in all of sports, if we did that I'd absolutely love it
That's because they copied us.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
That's because they copied us.
True
Old 07-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #56
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Super sad today. I started watching and picked the skins as my team around 89, or 90. Man....watching that 91 suber bowl was amazing. Watching Jim kelly get absolutely thrown around by, arguably, one of the best defensive units to ever take the field was something that my 10 year old eyes were taken back by. That was it for me....I was a fan for life. All of my favorite players were on that 91 team....right down to chip lohmiller. Joe Gibbs is in the top 3 or 4 coaches to ever field a team. I remember being unbelievably proud to put on my mark rypien jersey and go to school which in my area is 80 % eagles fans, and 15% dallas fans at the time with some giants fans peppered in. Even as late as last year I bought an ernest byner jersey. I'm still unbelievably nostalgic about that team. That superbowl is on youtube, btw...if anyone wants to see the Bill's get handled. I remember watching the posse line up in the bunch formation while the hogs defended the qb so many times. It was like watching a piece of art being painted.
I embrace change, generally speaking...but this ones kind of tough to wrap my head around. This is something that's been a part of my life for 30 years. When I was at the lowest points in my life, I could still put on the skins and get together with some good friends and for at least a little bit, forget about problems....win, lose, or draw (fucking Bengals in london) I could just relax and have fun with friends and family. That's probably my absolute fondest memory about the skins. How much fun it was to just spend time with loved ones while watching play...good or bad.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Super sad today. I started watching and picked the skins as my team around 89, or 90. Man....watching that 91 suber bowl was amazing. Watching Jim kelly get absolutely thrown around by, arguably, one of the best defensive units to ever take the field was something that my 10 year old eyes were taken back by. That was it for me....I was a fan for life. All of my favorite players were on that 91 team....right down to chip lohmiller. Joe Gibbs is in the top 3 or 4 coaches to ever field a team. I remember being unbelievably proud to put on my mark rypien jersey and go to school which in my area is 80 % eagles fans, and 15% dallas fans at the time with some giants fans peppered in. Even as late as last year I bought an ernest byner jersey. I'm still unbelievably nostalgic about that team. That superbowl is on youtube, btw...if anyone wants to see the Bill's get handled. I remember watching the posse line up in the bunch formation while the hogs defended the qb so many times. It was like watching a piece of art being painted.
I embrace change, generally speaking...but this ones kind of tough to wrap my head around. This is something that's been a part of my life for 30 years. When I was at the lowest points in my life, I could still put on the skins and get together with some good friends and for at least a little bit, forget about problems....win, lose, or draw (fucking Bengals in london) I could just relax and have fun with friends and family. That's probably my absolute fondest memory about the skins. How much fun it was to just spend time with loved ones while watching play...good or bad.
Well said.

This is the personal attachment that the protesters just don't get. It's not about clinging to the name, it's about the sentimental value.

The team could have been called the Turkey Vultures and we'd still have the same feelings.

I'm sad too. My jackass father-in-law from NY made a stupid comment in email this morning that we should be called the "Yellow Bellies" since we caved. That's not even remotely funny to me.

My son even gets it, he's still pre-teen and has the same attachment I do. He says he'll never stop wearing his Redskins gear. He has a framed Sean Taylor photo on his bedroom wall.

Another memory I left out earlier:

My wife had just delivered my son. I went home to get a few hours of sleep and when I returned to the hospital in the morning, the first thing my wife said to me when I walked into her hospital room was "SEAN TAYLOR WAS JUST SHOT". She even understood the impact it would have on me.

Such a bittersweet day, I took my son home from the hospital the same day we lost Sean. My son has a personal attachment to him as do I. He has only watched highlights and used Sean on Madden games, but he's a legend in our house.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #58
HailGreen28
Playmaker

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

Means a lot after decades of fandom.

Favorite Redskin era: Any game Joe Gibbs coached, and full credit to Beathard and the great players they signed on.

Sometimes really good things do come to an end. Stay, and kneel to the woke mob all you want. This isn't how it should end. Take care, folks, it's been fun. Bye.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I've had cowboys friends and family text me and saying "Even I am going to miss the Redskins"

That is saying something
Old 07-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #60
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
I've had cowboys friends and family text me and saying "Even I am going to miss the Redskins"

That is saying something
It changes the game forever.

This is equivalent to the Boston Red Sox changing names...no more Yankees-Red Sox rivalry!