Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F...Snow

Parking Lot

Old 01-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: F...Snow

Effin buried. Half of toms river without power. U know its bad when wawa effin closes. Thank God i got Guinness n a Subaru. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
We're up to 18 inches in Woodbridge. I just spent 3 hours shoveling and I was only able to dig out my car, I haven't even done the rest of the driveway yet (about another car length). It started coming down harder so I'm going to go back at it tomorrow and hopefully have it clear by Monday. Luckily it's very fine so far, my worst case scenario is it turning to sleet/ice and having everything frozen tomorrow.

Rite. Once that shit freezes good luck. I always park as close to the end of my driveway as possible. Just have to dig through the plow bullshit. Done. Dont look like the temperature is going to help melt the snow anytime soon.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #48
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Have about 2.5 feet. We rescued a feral cat hoping through the backyard. Have it in the powder room till we can take it to the shelter probably tomorrow. Looking forward to shoveling for a few hours tomorrow. I have always enjoyed shoveling snow it is one of the most enjoyable workouts in the world.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Have about 2.5 feet. We rescued a feral cat hoping through the backyard. Have it in the powder room till we can take it to the shelter probably tomorrow. Looking forward to shoveling for a few hours tomorrow. I have always enjoyed shoveling snow it is one of the most enjoyable workouts in the world.

Awesome job with the rescue man. Thats good shit.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:27 PM   #50
That Guy
Living Legend

i'm at 23" now. it literally just stopped falling now.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Getting ready to go out and start shoveling now ,I just need to get the cars out so we can head to work on Tuesday.Charles County Maryland at least where I am got about 24-30 inches.Only working till noon then the fire in the fire place and the TV goes on.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I couldn't imagine having 20 inches...got little over a foot of snow with probably a half inch of sleet. Need to get the car out the driveway sometime today. They are 2 abandon cars within sight of my house. Who drives a Chevy Malibu on unplowed foot of snow roads?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #53
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Effin buried. Half of toms river without power. U know its bad when wawa effin closes. Thank God i got Guinness n a Subaru. Lol.

The New jersey shore got slammed again!Ocean City NJ and Somers Point got slammed!
Be safe!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #54
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Got out this morning at 9 am and shoveled out three of my neighbors walk ways and one of their cars. My goal is after lunch to get to Liberty for some snowboarding with my little ones. If not sledding hill it is.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #55
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Awesome job with the rescue man. Thats good shit.
Yeah. She was questioning her decision last night because she got scratched, but I said what is better get a few shots the next day at the doctors or have our kids find a dead cat in the backyard? Besides that has to be some huge karma points right?
Old 01-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Grindin gears: shoveling the driveway. Fuck snow

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #57
That Guy
Living Legend

i don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so i did half of it today and kinda stopped. hopefully the sun will help me out some.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #58
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

We got easily 3 feet. Drifts higher. Stayed ahead on Friday then Saturday I cleared 6-8 inches 3 times so the dog could not use the house as a rest room. FInished the last of it earlier this morning. Neighborhood private streets are fine. Main road near me is a lane and a half, side streets untouched. Figure kids won't see a school until Friday at the earliest, if not later depending on how well they can get to the mountain roads. Hoping they finish the main roads today and start working on the side roads tomorrow.

Don't have anywhere to go, so I'll keep the vehicles parked and enjoy the cabin fever.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I had to go back to work yesterday, mfers were sending out emails "we need as many people here as possible." I go in and they barely had room in the employee lot for 10 cars. Today was "all dealers are fully open" and again they barely had enough room for employee cars. All they're worried about is having employees there, they are doing a piss poor job of managing logistics. The employee lot is a quarter mile from my dealer and the sidewalks weren't cleared so we have to walk in the street while cars go by at 45 mph. The only bright spot is the literal bright spot created by the sun that is melting the snow at a decent rate. When I got to work this morning the employee lot was still iced over from the runoff yesterday though.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #60
over the mountain
Playmaker

my parking spot for my townhouse neighborhood is the very last one on the end. exactly where the plows decided to pile up a mountain of snow. the car next me hasnt moved in a month so i cant try to angle out either. also a huge pine tree conveniently blocks the sun from melting this monsterous mountain of snow.

i will be "carpooling" for 2 weeks.