trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #16
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Republicans have been obsessed with trashing her for decades now.
40 years from now they will be chanting "Dig her up, Dig her up!".
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
40 years from now they will be chanting "Dig her up, Dig her up!".
Old 11-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #18
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
It must be nice to not have to deal with racism. You could say it's a "privilege".
I have a problem with people acting like it is 1965, it isn't. Also people blaming race all the time when it has nothing to do with the situation. Decades ago I worked at a large company that had about as diverse group of management as you could image and most worked their way up from the bottom. In spite of this you would often have employees complain they were being discriminated against for raises and promotion because the bosses didn't like people of their race or gender. The problem was they were not that good at their job, plain and simple.

I am not saying racism doesn't exist, it always will. It isn't running rampant like the liberal media portrays it. We are a country of over 300 million people yet if one deranged moron paints a swastika on someone's house it makes the national news.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I have a problem with people acting like it is 1965, it isn't. Also people blaming race all the time when it has nothing to do with the situation. Decades ago I worked at a large company that had about as diverse group of management as you could image and most worked their way up from the bottom. In spite of this you would often have employees complain they were being discriminated against for raises and promotion because the bosses didn't like people of their race or gender. The problem was they were not that good at their job, plain and simple.

I am not saying racism doesn't exist, it always will. It isn't running rampant like the liberal media portrays it. We are a country of over 300 million people yet if one deranged moron paints a swastika on someone's house it makes the national news.
as well it should, the brightest light needs to be shown on that type of garbage
Old 11-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #20
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4001258002/

WASHINGTON – Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told the House impeachment panel investigating President Donald Trump on Thursday that he was disappointed that he had to consult with the president's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Ukraine policy.

Sondland told the committees – Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight and Reform – that withholding military aid for a political investigation would be wrong.

"Let me state clearly: Inviting a foreign government to undertake investigations for the purpose of influencing an upcoming U.S. election would be wrong," Sondland said. "Withholding foreign aid in order to pressure a foreign government to take such steps would be wrong. I did not and would not ever participate in such undertakings."
Old 11-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #21
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
as well it should, the brightest light needs to be shown on that type of garbage
You can't be serious. That gives the false perception that racism is running rampant and effecting a huge amount of our population 24-7. How would liberals feel if the media was overwhelmingly right wing and they "shined a bright light" on every violent crime committed by lets say, Asian gay men. You know with a population of 300 million plus there is an Asian gay man that beat up his boyfriend or did something violent on a daily basis. Now you have this narrative that Asian gay men are very dangerous, brought to you by your local media.

I am pushing 60, worked at some large companies plus traveled around half the US states and interacted with quite a few people. I can recall two incidences of obvious racism I witnessed in all that time. If you believed the liberal media you would think I should have seen 100,000 of them.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #22
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You can't be serious. That gives the false perception that racism is running rampant and effecting a huge amount of our population 24-7. How would liberals feel if the media was overwhelmingly right wing and they "shined a bright light" on every violent crime committed by lets say, Asian gay men. You know with a population of 300 million plus there is an Asian gay man that beat up his boyfriend or did something violent on a daily basis. Now you have this narrative that Asian gay men are very dangerous, brought to you by your local media.

I am pushing 60, worked at some large companies plus traveled around half the US states and interacted with quite a few people. I can recall two incidences of obvious racism I witnessed in all that time. If you believed the liberal media you would think I should have seen 100,000 of them.
I don't mean to be flip but are you sure you were looking ? What I mean is maybe you saw things that you don't think were racial but were yet maybe not flagrant in your eyes? Maybe the way a person was treating the Hispanic grass cutting guys or people going to a certain cashier at a grocery store maybe it's a racial thing and you just didn't know it?
Old 11-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You can't be serious. That gives the false perception that racism is running rampant and effecting a huge amount of our population 24-7.

.....................it is. trump is leading the way.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #24
MTK
\m/

Quote:

You’re right, not reporting it will make it go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4001258002/

WASHINGTON – Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told the House impeachment panel investigating President Donald Trump on Thursday that he was disappointed that he had to consult with the president's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Ukraine policy.

Sondland told the committees – Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight and Reform – that withholding military aid for a political investigation would be wrong.

"Let me state clearly: Inviting a foreign government to undertake investigations for the purpose of influencing an upcoming U.S. election would be wrong," Sondland said. "Withholding foreign aid in order to pressure a foreign government to take such steps would be wrong. I did not and would not ever participate in such undertakings."
I agree here...it needs to be defined better: US Tax payers

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #26
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't mean to be flip but are you sure you were looking ? What I mean is maybe you saw things that you don't think were racial but were yet maybe not flagrant in your eyes? Maybe the way a person was treating the Hispanic grass cutting guys or people going to a certain cashier at a grocery store maybe it's a racial thing and you just didn't know it?
Perception is everything, I agree. That goes both ways. Maybe that cashier just wasn't friendly to strangers or having a bad day. If you give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise when it comes to the topic of racism, situations are going to go a lot smoother. No reason to assume someone of a different color is being racist just because they are not treating someone who is different with the utmost respect.

Sure I will draw the wrath of liberals but I see people who are racist in name only a threat to no one. I have known quite a few guys over the years say racists things when in the company of a group a white people who I never caught acting on them. My step-dad was one of those, I think they modeled the character of Red Foreman of That 70's show after him with a little Archie Bunker thrown in. Never saw him outwardly treat anyone different because of race, creed or color.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #27
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
You’re right, not reporting it will make it go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose you are also fine with people like Jesse Smollet who make up claims of racism that didn't happen.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I suppose you are also fine with people like Jesse Smollet who make up claims of racism that didn't happen.
No, not at all. It was good that he was exposed, right?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You should know by now I'm about as liberal as it gets and I couldn't be happier that Smollett was exposed for making that shit up. We don't need to lie about intolerance when plenty is already happening all around us. Anybody that feels the need to lie to stir the pot should be called out on it.

You think because most white people keep it subtly hidden below the surface it doesn't exist?

I've worked for the county for 3 1/2 years now and I've seen plenty of subtle racism. Techs (conservative white of course) complaining that these minorities driving buses/vehicles don't know how to drive or pre-trip worth a shit. Race has nothing to do with it, shitty drivers exist in all skin colors. Yet somehow these techs only want to complain about the minority drivers. And they only feel comfortable talking about them when none of my minority coworkers are around.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #30
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You should know by now I'm about as liberal as it gets and I couldn't be happier that Smollett was exposed for making that shit up. We don't need to lie about intolerance when plenty is already happening all around us. Anybody that feels the need to lie to stir the pot should be called out on it.

You think because most white people keep it subtly hidden below the surface it doesn't exist?

I've worked for the county for 3 1/2 years now and I've seen plenty of subtle racism. Techs (conservative white of course) complaining that these minorities driving buses/vehicles don't know how to drive or pre-trip worth a shit. Race has nothing to do with it, shitty drivers exist in all skin colors. Yet somehow these techs only want to complain about the minority drivers. And they only feel comfortable talking about them when none of my minority coworkers are around.
My point was when speaking of the subtle racist or whatever you would like to call them, as long as they hide it they are not hurting any thing except their own reputation. I didn't claim they don't exist.