Sua Cravens

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #91
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Sua Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Chris Thompson said it was something "way bigger than football". That could mean a thousand things, but given the enigmatic behavior pattern, Matty I think you were possibly onto something when you mentioned the possibility of some kind of behavioral health problem.

Can't even begin to guess what it might be. But if he's hearing voices, or experiencing bi-polar symptoms, you could understand why Thompson would say it's something way bigger than football.

No point in speculating, all the Redskins can do is move on with 53 guys who are committed to winning. They need to set a culture of accountability and putting the team above all else, and that includes shelving until next year someone who can't share that mindset.
I just feel like if that was the case, the team would've said something about his "personal life" or "personal issues" or him "getting better" in the statement. And not just about the decision to play football or not which clearly makes him look bad.

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #92
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I just feel like if that was the case, the team would've said something about his "personal life" or "personal issues" or him "getting better" in the statement. And not just about the decision to play football or not which clearly makes him look bad.
The way the statement reads to me is they are putting it on him as to whether or not he ever plays football again. Which is smart, he's the one who walked away from the team. It's intentionally vague because nobody other people in the circle need to know details. Try not to read into it too much.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #93
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The way the statement reads to me is they are putting it on him as to whether or not he ever plays football again. Which is smart, he's the one who walked away from the team. It's intentionally vague because nobody other people in the circle need to know details. Try not to read into it too much.
I agree that I might be trying to read a little too much, but when you say this (bolded part), it shows that the team's statement did put the blame on Cravens. Which I'm not sure they'd have done had he have a serious issue other than the "my heart's not in it" he gave Compton on the sidelines...
Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #94
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I agree that I might be trying to read a little too much, but when you say this (bolded part), it shows that the team's statement did put the blame on Cravens. Which I'm not sure they'd have done had he have a serious issue other than the "my heart's not in it" he gave Compton on the sidelines...
I'm just not sure it's the blame game they're trying to play, it sounds like a "we want to give the player the appropriate space to deal with his personal issues at this time" statement. It's appropriately vague given that nobody needs to know what he's going through. We can speculate all we want but we very well might never know the facts, and that's okay as long as the team does.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #95
Schneed10
A Dude

I don't read the team's statement as making him look bad in any way. I'm not sure where that comes from.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:59 AM   #96
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm just not sure it's the blame game they're trying to play, it sounds like a "we want to give the player the appropriate space to deal with his personal issues at this time" statement. It's appropriately vague given that nobody needs to know what he's going through. We can speculate all we want but we very well might never know the facts, and that's okay as long as the team does.
100% agreed on that.
I don't want to know about his personal life.

Maybe I'm just misjudging the situation and what should be done. Doesn't matter, I don't want to spend to much thought on this. Only thing I need to know is wether he plays or not.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #97
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Well if you can find him tomorrow, you can have one of his authentic jerseys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BW...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #98
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Well if you can find him tomorrow, you can have one of his authentic jerseys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BW...ature=youtu.be

Yea.... he doesnt look like a disgruntled unstable...... human..

Best of luck.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #99
over the mountain
Playmaker

Surprisingly, we havent talked Sua Cravens even though there are things to talk about.

Coming Back ...

He sent a tweet saying something along the lines of he never was walking away from the game, ppl dont know the whole story and that everything was part of a bigger plan. I cant find the cryptic tweet now.

Agent releases odd statement that he was being treated for concussion and is now medically cleared ... doesnt say when he suffered concussion. He had one in the beginning of 2016.

Redskins release statement saying hes not part of the team for 2017.

Recent Traffic Stop

NFL's Su'a Cravens Claims Racial Profiling After Traffic Stop in Virginia | TMZ.com

Pulled over in Loudoun County, VA police for allegedly doing 39 in a 25 and having illegal tint.

Cravens says its bc he is black in a nice car.

Probably both imo. The problem I have is that he was handcuffed and detained for 30 mins while they looked for weed. The probable cause being the "officer smelled marijuana".

Sorry dont buy it. You cant be arbitrarily handcuffing and searching peoples property bc you suspect something. Court is very clear. You need reasonable objective articulable suspicion. The "in a high crime area" crap cant work anymore.

This is the "broken windows" policing policy. Any minor crime or suspicion is used to allow police to detain, search people in hopes of finding more on the justification of investigating a random broken window somewhere.

What does a citizen get for being racially profiled, handcuffed and illegally detained? a trumped up traffic ticket so the cops can "justify" the stop and detention.

DC police had a "top gun" program where officers were given bonuses for who ever found the most guns. So cops would pull over random people in high crime areas. Illegally search their vehicle and if they found a gun, wrote a "illegal tint" ticket as reason for stop then charged them with gun.

If cop found nothing, gave an apology and sent the person on their way. What is that persons recourse? complain but no one listens. File a civil complaint and court kicks it out on governmental or discretionary immunity bc no one wants to deal with it. Its just a minor 30 min inconvenience. No, its racial profiling and a violation of a persons constitutional rights and human dignity.

If it was 40 year old white male me, with my collared shirt, dad look with a kid in the back seat .. the cops dont pull me over and they sure as hell dont handcuff me and search my car. Why? bc my profile is one of a square.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #100
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He wasn't that good last yr to begin with, I don't know how committed he is to football.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #101
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Really don't care about him coming back or not.
He's good but I think Montae will be better.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #102
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Best course of action...move him for a Ham sandwich or if possible, a Reuben.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #103
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Best course of action...move him for a Ham sandwich or if possible, a Reuben.
Yup. Don't need a guy where you don't know how committed he is to the team.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #104
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

They didn't even have a true pos for him, It was a waisted pick imo
Old 12-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #105
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Surprisingly, we havent talked Sua Cravens even though there are things to talk about.

Coming Back ...

He sent a tweet saying something along the lines of he never was walking away from the game, ppl dont know the whole story and that everything was part of a bigger plan. I cant find the cryptic tweet now.

Agent releases odd statement that he was being treated for concussion and is now medically cleared ... doesnt say when he suffered concussion. He had one in the beginning of 2016.

Redskins release statement saying hes not part of the team for 2017.

Recent Traffic Stop

NFL's Su'a Cravens Claims Racial Profiling After Traffic Stop in Virginia | TMZ.com

Pulled over in Loudoun County, VA police for allegedly doing 39 in a 25 and having illegal tint.

Cravens says its bc he is black in a nice car.

Probably both imo. The problem I have is that he was handcuffed and detained for 30 mins while they looked for weed. The probable cause being the "officer smelled marijuana".

Sorry dont buy it. You cant be arbitrarily handcuffing and searching peoples property bc you suspect something. Court is very clear. You need reasonable objective articulable suspicion. The "in a high crime area" crap cant work anymore.

This is the "broken windows" policing policy. Any minor crime or suspicion is used to allow police to detain, search people in hopes of finding more on the justification of investigating a random broken window somewhere.

What does a citizen get for being racially profiled, handcuffed and illegally detained? a trumped up traffic ticket so the cops can "justify" the stop and detention.

DC police had a "top gun" program where officers were given bonuses for who ever found the most guns. So cops would pull over random people in high crime areas. Illegally search their vehicle and if they found a gun, wrote a "illegal tint" ticket as reason for stop then charged them with gun.

If cop found nothing, gave an apology and sent the person on their way. What is that persons recourse? complain but no one listens. File a civil complaint and court kicks it out on governmental or discretionary immunity bc no one wants to deal with it. Its just a minor 30 min inconvenience. No, its racial profiling and a violation of a persons constitutional rights and human dignity.

If it was 40 year old white male me, with my collared shirt, dad look with a kid in the back seat .. the cops dont pull me over and they sure as hell dont handcuff me and search my car. Why? bc my profile is one of a square.
Guess what? I'm a white male in my 40s and got pulled over, randomly, and searched for illegal drugs and weapons. Keep in mind, a clean driving record. No police record whatsoever. I was driving a very unflashy '99 Nissan Sentra at the time, with no tint, factory wheels, everything stock on the car. I wasn't handcuffed, but I complied with the officer. I was frisked on the side of the road while people drove by rubbernecking. Was it embarrassing? Yes. Was I guilty of any wrong doing? No. Did I have every right to complain. Yes. Did I complain? No. And yes, I was wearing a collared dress shirt. Didn't have long hair or a long beard. I was clean shaven, clean cut - the whole nine yards. No tats, no piercings, no nothing. There was actually no reason or cause for me getting pulled over. The officer pulled me over for reckless driving. He said my speed was too excessive for the weather (it was very light rain/drizzle outside), I was going 5 over the limit. The limit was 45, and I was going 50 MPH, but that's too excessive for light rain that didn't even make the roads wet. <rolling eyes>

So, yeah, I have to disagree. Even the most square looking person can get pulled for basically no reason at all.