Looking at the draft.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #241
MTK
\m/

Re: Looking at the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Agree 100 with you and Quake. Would love 1st and 2nd round talent at RB and DL. Don't care which is 1st or 2nd.

Ditto

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #242
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I've been watching the DL drills at the Combine and Da'Ron Payne has been amazing! He is a great athlete. Here's a plan: Sign Dontari Poe in FA and then draft Payne.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #243
WillH
The Starter

Sucks that Vea is out of the drills with a hammy. Payne does look good. Settle has looked like poop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #244
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Sucks that Vea is out of the drills with a hammy. Payne does look good. Settle has looked like poop.

I have been in favor of getting Payne or Vea, but given the depth in the draft at other positions of need, I wouldn't mind if they go after Poe in FA.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #245
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I have been in favor of getting Payne or Vea, but given the depth in the draft at other positions of need, I wouldn't mind if they go after Poe in FA.

I like Poe.
But would signing him allow us to resign Zach Brown, and at least some among Breeland, Long, Galette, Murphy, Quick, (Paul? Hopkins?) AND find a #1 WR and a LG and/or a RB ?
We should have around 34M in cap space.

If we trade down we'll have picks to find a starting LG, and I know a lot here hope we draft a RB, but we still have a lot of needs to address.
As critical as finding another dominant DT is, I don't see the urgency of spending 2 "spots" on this position. Draft or FA, not sure about both...
Allen and Ioannidis are coming back, our DL is not as weak as the end of the season suggested.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #246
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I like Poe.
But would signing him allow us to resign Zach Brown, and at least some among Breeland, Long, Galette, Murphy, Quick, (Paul? Hopkins?) AND find a #1 WR and a LG and/or a RB ?

If we trade down we'll have picks to find a starting LG, and I know a lot here hope we draft a RB, but we still have a lot of needs to address.
As critical as finding another dominant DT is, I don't see the urgency of spending 2 "spots" on this position. Draft or FA, not sure about both...
Allen and Ioannidis are coming back, our DL is not as weak as the end of the season suggested.
You're right. You caught me fantasizing about having a killer D-Line.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #247
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I like Poe.

Sorry, I meant Poe instead of the draft. Because we have other holes like RB, G, WR, and LB that there is some depth in the draft at especially in rounds 2 and 3 and there aren't as great of options in FA (except G). I prefer we trade back start with LB, then go G, RB, and WR, then add some secondary and DL depth later in the draft.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #248
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You're right. You caught me fantasizing about having a killer D-Line.
Haha I like the idea too.
But not if it comes at the expense of finally having a running game and putting weapons around Smith.

But hey, maybe we resign most of our guys, our only significant FA signings are Poe and Paul Richardson, we manage to get a 4th/5th for Cravens, we trade down and can get a DT, a RB and a guard in the first 4 rounds... I don't hate this plan, but it contains quite a lot of unknowns and risks taken.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #249
Defensewins
Playmaker

Great story: LB Shaquem Griffin has proven can play on the field at a high level. He ran 4.3 forty at combine this weekend, fastest time ever for a LB.
Twenty reps on the bench press with a left hand prosthetic as he does not have a left hand. This guy can play.

Mike Mayock: Shaquem Griffin 'plays harder on every snap than everybody in the country' - NFL Videos
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #250
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Great story: LB Shaquem Griffin has proven can play on the field at a high level. He ran 4.3 forty at combine this weekend, fastest time ever for a LB.
Twenty reps on the bench press with a left hand prosthetic as he does not have a left hand. This guy can play.

Mike Mayock: Shaquem Griffin 'plays harder on every snap than everybody in the country' - NFL Videos
He might be missing a hand but he makes up for it with his mentality and the work he puts in. I'd be surprised if he makes it past day two. The film is there, the work ethic is there, the stats are there. There is only one thing that isn't there, and tbh I don't see it mattering. Linebackers need a good d-line in front of them to make plays anyways. Not many are good at shedding blockers and making plays if the d-line sucks.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #251
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
He might be missing a hand but he makes up for it with his mentality and the work he puts in. I'd be surprised if he makes it past day two. The film is there, the work ethic is there, the stats are there. There is only one thing that isn't there, and tbh I don't see it mattering. Linebackers need a good d-line in front of them to make plays anyways. Not many are good at shedding blockers and making plays if the d-line sucks.
I agree. It is rare to see a great player on the field, combined with hard worker and then a work out warrior at the NFL combine. A LB running a 4.3....crazy!
It will be interesting to see when and where he goes.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #252
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

GUICE , PERINE AND CT would be nasty
Old 03-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #253
simbosargos75
Special Teams

No chance I'm going RB at 13 unless Barkley is there, which he obviously won't be.

Gimme Nelson or a front 7 guy.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #254
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
No chance I'm going RB at 13 unless Barkley is there, which he obviously won't be.

thats y we trade down to 20
Old 03-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #255
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post

He will be gone way before that.