Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: The week one starting QB will be...
Fitzpatrick 25 52.08%
Allen 8 16.67%
Heinicke 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2021, 10:42 AM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Fitzmagic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Who are we even expecting him to mentor? Allen? Heinicke? None of these guys are legit long term options as the starter.

Barring someone unexpectedly slipping to us in the draft I think our QB room is set.
Actually, I think Fitz is kinda the perfect guy for Heinicke to be in a qb room together. Then go out in the draft and bring in a top 2nd or 3rd round qb and thats a solid qb room.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #62
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Actually, I think Fitz is kinda the perfect guy for Heinicke to be in a qb room together. Then go out in the draft and bring in a top 2nd or 3rd round qb and thats a solid qb room.
I don't see us taking another QB that high, later rounds or undrafted maybe.

We need day 1 starters in rounds 1-3.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I do not want a QB that wants or needs a mentor. You know who needed that? Haskins. Do not want. Sure you like to have a vet that younger guys can learn the ropes from. But that's as far as it goes. At the end of the day it's cut throat competition.

The Mahomes example is a weak one cause he would have been great regardless. Sure he learned from Smith how to go about his business and what not. But what would Smith actually teach him? How to check the ball down 9 out of 10 times?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #64
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
so which QB is drafted in the mid rounds? Newman? Mond?
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #65
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
We also have Kelvin Harmon coming back. And I have a feeling he will play well for us. To be clear, we still need WR help, but the cupboard isn’t bare and the draft class is deep at WR.

I am more worried about CB (after losing Darby who played well), LB (which was weak and got weaker by losing KPL), and LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harmon had a SOLID rookie season and I was excited for year 2. Saw him make an amazing one-handed catch live against the Lions.

if we just add one solid FA or rookie, our pass catchers are solid.

McLaurin
Harmon
C. Sims
I. Wright
Gibson (remember, former WR)
McKissic (also)
L. Thomas

Another WR (Curtis Samuel!)
Another TE
Old 03-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

From ESPN:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Washington Football Team
The deal: One year, $10 million
Top 100 ranking: 51

Grade: A-

What should an NFL team do when it doesn't have an obvious starting quarterback, doesn't like its trade options and isn't in position to draft a franchise player at the position (No. 19 in Round 1)? In recent years, the most popular answer has been to sign Fitzpatrick. As has been said in many of the previous instances, Washington could have done a lot worse.

Based on Total QBR, Fitzpatrick is actually coming off his best season, despite the Dolphins' decision to bench him in favor of Tua Tagovailoa. He was more effective at age 38 than he was at age 30. As he has at other stops, Fitzpatrick will give Washington the time and space to address the position for the long term without feeling immediate pressure on the 2021 season, all while giving it a pretty decent chance to compete in the NFC East. -- Seifert
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #67
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I think some need to understand the difference between a teacher/coach and a mentor. The former is supposed to impart knowledge and experience to the student that they just don't have. The latter role is to impart wisdom and experience that a teacher didn't/couldn't impart. A mentor is someone a junior guy seeks information from or listens to/watches and absorbs. No reason why Fitz can't mentor the younger guys in the QB room, as he has a wealth of pro experience that their coaches to this point likely didn't have. If that quote from Tua is 100% then it seems he's a prime candidate to help develop the QB's in the room with him.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZvQ2Ms_Sg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZvQ2Ms_Sg">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZvQ2Ms_Sg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 03-16-2021, 11:39 AM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We went 7-9 with absolutely awful quarterback play minus Heinekens playoff performance. Fitz is an instant upgrade at the most important position on the team. We need to address the run game now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We went 7-9 with absolutely awful quarterback play minus Heinekens playoff performance. Fitz is an instant upgrade at the most important position on the team. We need to address the run game now.
It's because he's old, Yeah I get that but he's still better than Mitch or Mariota. I saw some skins fans on twitter this morning saying " We could have gotten our franchise QB but no.."

LOL Who was a franchise QB in Free agency? The trade stuff was never going to happen.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's because he's old, Yeah I get that but he's still better than Mitch or Mariota. I saw some skins fans on twitter this morning saying " We could have gotten our franchise QB but no.."

LOL Who was a franchise QB in Free agency? The trade stuff was never going to happen.
We tried to get Stafford, didn't work out. Guys like Wilson or Watson are a pipe dream and would absolutely decimate our draft capital for the next 3 years. There are simply no other true franchise guys available without a top 5 pick.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:11 PM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We tried to get Stafford, didn't work out. Guys like Wilson or Watson are a pipe dream and would absolutely decimate our draft capital for the next 3 years. There are simply no other true franchise guys available without a top 5 pick.
Even tried to get Goff so yeah I mean Fitz is the next best option and I'm glad they grabbed him
Old 03-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Even tried to get Goff so yeah I mean Fitz is the next best option and I'm glad they grabbed him
So glad we didn’t get that fucktard Goff. Jeez he was bad last year...I’d rather had gotten Wentz

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #74
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

McLaurin just moved up fantasy draft boards. When WFT adds another WR either via free agency or the draft (or both) I think McLaurin's value goes even higher.

In my league, I am the only one to have owned Terry. I intend on keeping it that way. It feels like a 3rd or 4th round pick now. I bet he posts big numbers with Fitzmagic. Because Fitzmagic (and his ugly duo Fitztragic) will be throwing the ball his way often.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Interesting

"The WFT is still very much so interested in Sam Darnold"

NFLN

And another source

Even after signing Ryan Fitzpatrick, I’m told Washington has not ruled out a trade for Sam Darnold, per sources.

It’s a bit more unlikely now, obviously, as WFT won’t be willing to go as high as others in draft compensation, but they still have interest in the #Jets QB.

Connor Hughes