Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


No indictment in the mike brown case

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #91
HailGreen28
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,747
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Ferguson prosecutor: Some witnesses lied, including woman who didn’t see shooting

Some shady shit. I think the Feds need to roll in there and take over this investigation. Definitely think the prosecutor needs to be investigated as well in this case. Can't believe they allowed that kind of shit to serve as a witness. She should be prosecuted for perjury at the very least. Fuck that cunt.
They need to prosecute ALL the witnesses that lied. Those that lied for the prosecution, and for the defense. Fuck ALL those cunts.

Thousands of pages of documents, made public, turn up several examples of testimony with little to no credibility. Witness 22, whose testimony was at first damaging to Officer Wilson, admitted she lied when pressed by investigators. Eventually telling the grand jury, quote: “I just felt like I want to be part of something…I didn’t see what I told the FBI…”

Testimony from witness 35 might have helped lead to an indictment of Officer Wilson, testifying that Michael Brown was, quote, “on his knees,” when shot in the head, by Wilson. However, it wasn’t true. The witness admits to making that story up. In one exchange, the prosecutor asked: “Are you telling us the only thing that’s true about all of your statements before this, is that you saw that police officer shoot him at-point blank range?” The answer: “Yes.”

It happened on both sides. Witness 40 supported Wilson’s version of what happened, but prosecutors revealed she posted a racist comment on-line on the day of the shooting, that read, quote: “They need to kill the ‘expletive,’ ‘expletive.’ It’s like an ape fest.” When questioned about what she allegedly saw, she admitted to having gathered some details from news reports.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #92
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,805
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Ferguson prosecutor: Some witnesses lied, including woman who didn’t see shooting

Some shady shit. I think the Feds need to roll in there and take over this investigation. Definitely think the prosecutor needs to be investigated as well in this case. Can't believe they allowed that kind of shit to serve as a witness. She should be prosecuted for perjury at the very least. Fuck that cunt.
No surprise here. This prosecutor is a racist asshole as well, been saying this since day one.

Special prosecutor should had been brought in, can't believe the state attorney General let this happen.

Major process problems within our judicial system, often overlooked
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #93
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,968
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
OK, who knows if Brown did all this, but lets look at this example:

Are you saying that if a big white guy walking down the street gets into an argument with a cop in his car, reaches in, punches the cop, struggles for the gun, shot fired, big white guy runs off a ways, then says "you're too big a p***y to shoot me" to the cop, and runs back at him, the big white guy would likely just be in jail instead of dead now?
The trend in this country appears to be that white males in dangerous situations are more likely to come out alive:

Armed man shot, injured by San Diego police in Mission Bay - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

than black males in similar or less dangerous situations:

South Carolina trooper shot unarmed man, police say - CNN.com
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #94
HailGreen28
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,747
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The trend in this country appears to be that white males in dangerous situations are more likely to come out alive:

Armed man shot, injured by San Diego police in Mission Bay - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

than black males in similar or less dangerous situations:

South Carolina trooper shot unarmed man, police say - CNN.com
You're still nuts if you imply that a white guy acting like Micheal Brown did would have had a better chance of surviving.

We don't know exactly how Micheal Brown acted with the cop, though it's proven he attacked the cop. Here's a pic again of how Micheal Brown was acting earlier that day, while shoplifting. After the shooting, some described him as a "gentle giant". Smh.


Oh and shame on your selective quotes above. Just like shame on the selective outrage of people above apparently only against perjury when it suits them.

Salt Lake cop cleared in shooting of unarmed white man

28-year-old man was arrested Wednesday after an hour long standoff with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, officials said. - Gunman that police didn't shoot was black, in case you wonder

Gunman executes 2 NYPD cops in Garner 'revenge'



There is a perception out there that needs addressing. And it's not just all about racism on whites part.

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” - Jesse Jackson

So why would Jesse Jackson say that?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #95
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,968
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

The two articles I posted are just a quick sample. I'm sure you can find actual statistics about how certain groups end up getting shot and killed by police more often than others. Here is a quick one that I found:

Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men? | Mother Jones

I'm sure there are white men that could end up getting killed in a similar situation. But the way that the police acts towards people color is a concern, especially in the not so well known cases when a person gets shot without committing a crime. There are also many incidents of people of color from middle class and up who often face the same treatment.

Garner and Brown are the just the tip of the iceberg; and probably not the best cases to become the symbol of this issue.

The problem with this country is that people like to immediately go to the extremes and refuse to come to the middle for a discussion. Yes there are many problems with crime in many predominately black/brown communities (I grew up in one of them). No, this issue is not just about racism from the part of white people. But a lot of people are easily trying to dismiss the notion that black and brown people are treated different in many situations, including in cases very different from Brown and Garner.

As a person of color, I WISH we didn't have this issue in this country. I wish that the Brown and Garner case were isolated incidents. But I have witnessed through my own experience and that of friends of color that we tend to be treated differently.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-23-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #96
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The two articles I posted are just a quick sample. I'm sure you can find actual statistics about how certain groups end up getting shot and killed by police more often than others. Here is a quick one that I found:

Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men? | Mother Jones

I'm sure there are white men that could end up getting killed in a similar situation. But the way that the police acts towards people color is a concern, especially in the not so well known cases when a person gets shot without committing a crime. There are also many incidents of people of color from middle class and up who often face the same treatment.

Garner and Brown are the just the tip of the iceberg; and probably not the best cases to become the symbol of this issue.

The problem with this country is that people like to immediately go to the extremes and refuse to come to the middle for a discussion. Yes there are many problems with crime in many predominately black/brown communities (I grew up in one of them). No, this issue is not just about racism from the part of white people. But a lot of people are easily trying to dismiss the notion that black and brown people are treated different in many situations, including in cases very different from Brown and Garner.

As a person of color, I WISH we didn't have this issue in this country. I wish that the Brown and Garner case were isolated incidents. But I have witnessed through my own experience and that of friends of color that we tend to be treated differently.
Even by police oficers of color , politicians of color and government officials of color ? The stats you posted are interesting ,I would like to see the same break down using the minority crime on crime stat ,ie. Black on Black,Asian on Asian , White on White .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #97
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,805
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

question, did mike brown and eric garner deserve to die? Did they receive proper justice for their actions?
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #98
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
question, did mike brown and eric garner deserve to die? Did they receive proper justice for their actions?
Better question ,by their actions did they contribute to their own death ?Answer yes ,did they deserve to die ,no,very few people deserve to die .Their own actions in resisting arrest kept them from getting any legal representation .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #99
HailGreen28
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,747
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The two articles I posted are just a quick sample. I'm sure you can find actual statistics about how certain groups end up getting shot and killed by police more often than others. Here is a quick one that I found:

Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men? | Mother Jones

I'm sure there are white men that could end up getting killed in a similar situation. But the way that the police acts towards people color is a concern, especially in the not so well known cases when a person gets shot without committing a crime. There are also many incidents of people of color from middle class and up who often face the same treatment.

Garner and Brown are the just the tip of the iceberg; and probably not the best cases to become the symbol of this issue.

The problem with this country is that people like to immediately go to the extremes and refuse to come to the middle for a discussion. Yes there are many problems with crime in many predominately black/brown communities (I grew up in one of them). No, this issue is not just about racism from the part of white people. But a lot of people are easily trying to dismiss the notion that black and brown people are treated different in many situations, including in cases very different from Brown and Garner.

As a person of color, I WISH we didn't have this issue in this country. I wish that the Brown and Garner case were isolated incidents. But I have witnessed through my own experience and that of friends of color that we tend to be treated differently.
Agreed. But when racism is brought up when it's not the case, and when there's excuses made for people to act criminally, it just means the status quo continues.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #100
HailGreen28
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,747
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
question, did mike brown and eric garner deserve to die?
Mike Brown brought his death on himself attacking the cop. Eric Garner resisted arrest, but didn't deserve death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Did they receive proper justice for their actions?
Mike Brown won a Darwin Award. I am surprised the cop in the Eric Garner case wasn't indicted for manslaughter or negligent homicide or at least something.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #101
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Study: Police Use Of Force Bias Exists, But Not When It Comes To Shootings « CBS Philly

interesting........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.34686 seconds with 12 queries