Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #181
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The fact bulletproof backpacks even exist is pretty sad if you ask me. I'd hope we could all agree on that.

What bad laws are you talking about exactly? We've had a good 20 years of school shootings going back to Columbine, just wondering what "bad laws" we've seen go on the books in response.


.............this doesn't help.


https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/first...mlsafety-07501

Ohio First Graders Removed 'School Safety Gun' From Case In Administrative Office

Ohio school officials were stunned when they discovered that two first grade students had managed to remove a gun intended for school safety from an unlocked box in an administrative office, The Columbus Dispatch reported Friday.

The frightening incident underscores fears that plans to arm teachers supported by President Donald Trump and the National Rifle Association could end up instead putting guns in children’s — or an untrustworthy teacher’s — hands, with catastrophic consequences. Trump wants 20% of teachers armed even though 59% of Americans don’t want any teachers packing guns in schools.



Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Armed Educators (and trusted people who work within a school) love our students and will protect them. Very smart people. Must be firearms adept & have annual training. Should get yearly bonus. Shootings will not happen again - a big & very inexpensive deterrent. Up to States.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #182
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,924
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Chico, if you want to address the underlying issue of mental health instead of addressing guns I'm all for it. First step, reversing the years of budget cuts to medicare/medicaid. Idk how you can say you want to address the issue of mental health without increasing the budget of one of the main programs that deals with it.
For the record I first fired a .22 rifle at 7 and have been a gun owner since I was 18 when I bought a .38 revolver. That was 40 years ago. 40 years ago mass shootings were rare, also suicides by teenagers and young adults were at 1/2 the rate they are now. One of the big differences I see in that time frame is how many kids are diagnosed with ADHD and the like and medicated. I have known families where all 3 kids were on pills. I guess I am lucky being born in the early 60's. I was always on the honor roll, but wound a little too tight. My solution was exercise, that would knock the edge off so I could concentrate whether at work or school. That actually continued till I was in my early 30's. If I didn't get a morning run in before heading to work I was bouncing off the walls all day. if I was born 30 years later I probably would have been given elephant tranquilizers daily.

I just see too many parents drugging their kids as a problem. Also it seems a lot of psychologists, like that idiot on TV, Dr Phil act like pills and counseling are a cure all for everything. Dr Phil thinks there is no such thing as a bad kid. Some people are just evil and need to be monitored closely, or better yet locked up. The idea that someone who has displayed repeated past disturbing behavior is fixed by meds is absurd.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #183
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 655
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

The hypocrisy of the Republicans to blame the troop pull out of Iraq on Pres Obama.

Republicans' Reality:

“President Trump is being told EXACTLY what President Obama was told before he withdrew from Iraq,” Graham tweeted Wednesday. “He appears to be hell-bent on making the same mistakes in Syria as President Obama made in Iraq.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...tical-of-trump

Real Reality:

In late April 2007 Congress passed a supplementary spending bill for Iraq that set a deadline for troop withdrawal but President Bush vetoed this bill, citing his concerns about setting a withdrawal deadline.[8][9][10] The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[11][12][13] The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdr...oops_from_Iraq

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/aug/21/iraq.usa

------------------------
Why are democrats allowing republicans to keep repeating that it was Obama who pulled out of Iraq and creating ISIS?

Its clearly, demonstratively that Pres Obama had to pull the troops out by 2011 under the agreement signed by Pres Bush in 2008.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:44 AM   #184
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The hypocrisy of the Republicans to blame the troop pull out of Iraq on Pres Obama.

Republicans' Reality:

“President Trump is being told EXACTLY what President Obama was told before he withdrew from Iraq,” Graham tweeted Wednesday. “He appears to be hell-bent on making the same mistakes in Syria as President Obama made in Iraq.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...tical-of-trump

Real Reality:

In late April 2007 Congress passed a supplementary spending bill for Iraq that set a deadline for troop withdrawal but President Bush vetoed this bill, citing his concerns about setting a withdrawal deadline.[8][9][10] The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[11][12][13] The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdr...oops_from_Iraq

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/aug/21/iraq.usa

------------------------
Why are democrats allowing republicans to keep repeating that it was Obama who pulled out of Iraq and creating ISIS?

Its clearly, demonstratively that Pres Obama had to pull the troops out by 2011 under the agreement signed by Pres Bush in 2008.
People everywhere have just had enough...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-to...212504674.html
The retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven, a Navy SEAL who oversaw the raid that took out al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in 2011, gave a bleak assessment of President Donald Trump and alleged the commander in chief was gutting the country of the "nation's principles."
McRaven recounted in a New York Times opinion column a military ceremony he recently attended at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where he reflected upon the thousands of US service members who marched on the parade field before him.
McRaven pointed out what he said were examples of the US neglecting its duty to be the "the protectors of the less fortunate" — including Trump's recent decision to withdraw troops from Syria as Turkish-backed militants wage war against the once US-backed Kurdish militia.
McRaven added that Trump "is wrong" to think empathy is "unimportant" or shows "weakness."
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #185
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,150
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

I am digging this thread up, because ultimately Schumer, Schiff, McConnell and Trump all live in a world of hypocrisy, they feed their media stooges their same hypocritical crap, and in the end our population divides itself over the politically motivated hypocrisy.

This is 2020 version of an orwellian state.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #186
Back2RFK
Special Teams
 
Back2RFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 284
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am digging this thread up, because ultimately Schumer, Schiff, McConnell and Trump all live in a world of hypocrisy, they feed their media stooges their same hypocritical crap, and in the end our population divides itself over the politically motivated hypocrisy.

This is 2020 version of an orwellian state.
This country was divided politically way before Trump, and in my opinion its because our Government has become way too big.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #187
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,150
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
This country was divided politically way before Trump, and in my opinion its because our Government has become way too big.
I think it is because for over 80 years we have been seeing the divergence of two political core beliefs. And every economic downturn has widened that gap, until the 2008 great recession ultimately created a span so wide that it may be irreconcilable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #188
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,770
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
This country was divided politically way before Trump, and in my opinion its because our Government has become way too big.


You don’t see a deeper divide since Trump came along? 90% of his base never used the word liberal before him, and still have no idea what one is.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:01 PM   #189
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think it is because for over 80 years we have been seeing the divergence of two political core beliefs. And every economic downturn has widened that gap, until the 2008 great recession ultimately created a span so wide that it may be irreconcilable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I don't think it's as political as you think ,I think it economics! The more the middle working class gets dumped on the more political parties scream at each other yet nether do anything and has been going on for a good 60/70 years.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #190
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,925
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You don’t see a deeper divide since Trump came along? 90% of his base never used the word liberal before him, and still have no idea what one is.
Yes .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #191
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,150
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't think it's as political as you think ,I think it economics! The more the middle working class gets dumped on the more political parties scream at each other yet nether do anything and has been going on for a good 60/70 years.
I do not disagree with that at all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #192
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 655
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

The hypocrisy of Matthew Gaetz.



^^^ Gaetz March 4, 2020

Gaetz was spotted riding on Air Force One on Monday as he learned the news. White House officials said when Gaetz learned he was in proximity to the man with coronavirus at CPAC, he sat by himself in a section of the president's plane.

^^^ Gaetz March 9, 2020

.... that escalated bigly.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #193
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,924
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The hypocrisy of Matthew Gaetz.



^^^ Gaetz March 4, 2020

Gaetz was spotted riding on Air Force One on Monday as he learned the news. White House officials said when Gaetz learned he was in proximity to the man with coronavirus at CPAC, he sat by himself in a section of the president's plane.

^^^ Gaetz March 9, 2020

.... that escalated bigly.
I have personally known a couple germophobes and worked with a few others.
One guy was a trip, when I handed him his paycheck on Friday he would always take it with a hand wrapped in a shop rag. He would spray all his tools with disinfectant before putting them away. The guy was out sick just as much as everyone else. Same with all the others, all their precautions did not seem to matter much.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #194
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 655
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I have personally known a couple germophobes and worked with a few others.
One guy was a trip, when I handed him his paycheck on Friday he would always take it with a hand wrapped in a shop rag. He would spray all his tools with disinfectant before putting them away. The guy was out sick just as much as everyone else. Same with all the others, all their precautions did not seem to matter much.
He wasnt doing it for that .... he was doing it to mock and belittle the response to the Coronavirus as being overblown and out of proportion.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:42 AM   #195
Back2RFK
Special Teams
 
Back2RFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 284
Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You don’t see a deeper divide since Trump came along? 90% of his base never used the word liberal before him, and still have no idea what one is.
What are you talking about. 90% of his base probably used the term "Liberal" weekly and some daily. Nothing is wrong being called a liberal unless your liberal and do not believe in what you say you stand for.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11700 seconds with 12 queries