The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #331
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The chart you posted has Obama, Romney, Gingrinch, and Santorum, in the upper right corner of the upper right quadrant of the map. By those standards, yes they are all right wingers. And "one party" as that very article says. I know it's a pathetic attempt by whoever made that graphic, to say that Obama really isn't that different than republicans, and I guess compared to communists, anarchists, and other extremists, he isn't. Doesn't prove much, though.

So you want to backtrack from your previous post of how you would rate Obama, Reid, and Pelosi with that link you posted? And you really should read your own links, before accusing me of bullshit and having your head in the sand.

So, about the "shit you have given Obama". Do you criticize him more for being too liberal, or not liberal enough? Is he too "right wing" for you?

No, I just said I wouldn't call Obama a "right winger". I wouldn't call Mitt Romney a "right winger" either. Are they both conservative? Yes. Do they both shift to the right? Yes. I'm not backtracking on anything. These guys are more alike than they are different. I criticized Obama mainly on his stances on extending Patriot Act, signing the NDAA, hiring corporate shills to be in his cabinet. Going after people (Snowden and other journalist) for exposing government crimes and actions. I criticize Obama for claiming to have one of the most "transparent" government, yet continues to act in cloak and dagger modes, while going after journalists for exposing them. More journalists have been prosecuted under Obama's watch than any other President. So much I can criticize the man for, but I don't have the time for it.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-16-2015 at 09:36 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #332
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
No, I just said I wouldn't call Obama a "right winger". I wouldn't call Mitt Romney a "right winger" either. Are they both conservative? Yes. Do they both shift to the right? Yes. I'm not backtracking on anything. These guys are more alike than they are different. I criticized Obama mainly on his stances on extending Patriot Act, signing the NDAA, hiring corporate shills to be in his cabinet. Going after people (Snowden and other journalist) for exposing government crimes and actions. I criticize Obama for claiming to have one of the most "transparent" government, yet continues to act in cloak and dagger modes, while going after journalists for exposing them. More journalists have been prosecuted under Obama's watch than any other President. So much I can criticize the man for, but I don't have the time for it.
Yeah, it's sad how whether it's Reagan or Obama coming in with talk of change, they swing back to status quo pretty quick, on lots of things.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #333
over the mountain
Playmaker

i must be confused.

Did i just hear on NPR that republicans initially blocked a bill that would allow a fund to be created to compensate victims of human trafficking bc they did not want abortions to be included in services for victims of human trafficking that this fund could pay?

i assume i heard that wrong.

i assume republicans en masse wouldnt do such a thing in the name of fighting abortion.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #334
That Guy
Living Legend

well, some of them are trying to say gay marriage should be illegal because it'll cause 900,000 abortions. that seems pretty screw lose to me.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #335
over the mountain
Playmaker

Anti-human-trafficking bill gets caught up in abortion politics in Senate - The Washington Post

sadly i was not wrong.

a bill to set up a fund to help victims of sex trafficking get housing and medical attention was held up bc .... REPUBLICANS DID NOT WANT ABORTION TO BE COVERED UNDER THE SERVICES?

are you effing kidding me?

the fund would be paid by penalties paid by people guilty of sex trafficking.

im normally not a dem v republican guy and am registered libertarian but ... eff republicans.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #336
over the mountain
Playmaker

U.S. Shoots Itself In the Foot By Accidentally Arming ISIS

funny - 2 years ago certain republicans were blasting Obama for not immediately sending weapons to the syrian rebels 2 years ago bc Obama and others feared it would get into the wrong hands.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #337
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Perhaps we could get a leg up on this deal by doing an amnesty kind of "trade in your old and tired' M-60 for a nice refurbed.....Mauser?
We could take out the middle man.....Pussy Iraqi's and drop ship straight to ISIS with an RO and return ship guaranteed for the "old " weapon/weapons. If WOOT could be convinced to weigh in on this deal we could ship anything for $5 and undoubtedly save a ton of money and time.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #338
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
U.S. Shoots Itself In the Foot By Accidentally Arming ISIS

funny - 2 years ago certain republicans were blasting Obama for not immediately sending weapons to the syrian rebels 2 years ago bc Obama and others feared it would get into the wrong hands.
The fact is they armed the wrong folks...you should have armed the Kurds. They are the better fighters and not a bunch of pussies. Problem is the Turks, who the Kurds are also secretly waring against. So Obama, the pussy, fucked up not arming them because he would step on the toes of turkey. The Kurds have been the most effective against daesh.

This president has fucked up so bad against daesh it's amazing. But what's more amazing is the un informed American. We truly are a nation of idiots. How could we say nazi Germany's and that genocide will never happen again...but allow a group such as daesh (Isis) advertise it in a region we have invested so much in. In a perfect world Obama would be impeach now due to incompetence.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #339
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Taking from the thread title:
Russia, during the Putin years

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #340
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

U.S. Held Cash Until Iran Freed Prisoners - WSJ

confirmed lie by the administration and the state department...$400 million was used has leverage that was contingent on the release of several US prisoners. This easily puts more American lives in danger when traveling abroad...simply amazing and criminal. You shouldn't be authorizing payments to a hostile nation without the ok from an oversight committee. Ive had all I can take from Obama, John Kerry and his state department.

He Gets Us
Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #341
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
U.S. Held Cash Until Iran Freed Prisoners - WSJ

confirmed lie by the administration and the state department...$400 million was used has leverage that was contingent on the release of several US prisoners. This easily puts more American lives in danger when traveling abroad...simply amazing and criminal. You shouldn't be authorizing payments to a hostile nation without the ok from an oversight committee. Ive had all I can take from Obama, John Kerry and his state department.

So the U.S. held on to 400 million cash that they had frozen when they put Iran on sanctions.Sorry I just can't ask for Obama's head on this one.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #342
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So the U.S. held on to 400 million cash that they had frozen when they put Iran on sanctions.Sorry I just can't ask for Obama's head on this one.
so your good with using cash for hostages, because the state department stated it was negotiated leverage?

You also think Obama knew nothing about this and didn't give the ok? So the state department has the authorization to earmark 400 million cash for nations that state support terror?

ok.

He Gets Us
Old 08-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #343
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
so your good with using cash for hostages, because the state department stated it was negotiated leverage?

You also think Obama knew nothing about this and didn't give the ok? So the state department has the authorization to earmark 400 million cash for nations that state support terror?

ok.
You are making an awful lot of assumptions all I said was we gave them back their own money, which we were doing anyway and if it happen to help the process and speed things up and release hostages I don't care.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #344
MTK
\m/

Obama administration to phase out some private prison use | U.S. News | US News

It's a start
Old 11-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #345
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Is Obamacare really affordable? Not for the middle class. - Nov. 4, 2016

once again the middle class paying....time to roll this away.

He Gets Us