Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

No indictment in the mike brown case

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-04-2014, 04:00 AM   #61
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Some people in this thread need to read this ........,and think a long time .

Ferguson grand jury documents show inconsistencies in witness testimony - CBS News

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.........and resisting arrest ,had he not done that he would have been out of jail in hours and still alive .
This isn't bogato Columbia. The medical examiner said homicide.

If this guy is white in a Connecticut suburb and resisted, is he dead? Our way of thinking where this is ok crazy. This isn't michael brown, this is much much worse IMO.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Also, is anyone still sure that Brown had his hands up when he was shot? Or could the whole "hands up, don't shoot" thing have been a lie?
My official stance on Mike Brown

The Ferguson police department is on par with racist, corrupt deparments in the deep south of the 50s and 60s. They have a history of harrassment, racial profiling, racism and overt aggression towards minorities.

The prosecutor is biased with a history of not prosecuting any wrong doings of the police department and looking the other way letting the police department do what they want. He's an enabler and most likely a racist as well.

Most certainly Fergonson should have been a special prosecutor brought in for Browns case. This was the pivotal mistake. The Attorny General for the state should be ashamed.

Michael Brown did attack the police officer imo. Was the level of violence he recieved for that attack justified? God only knows, my guess with 10 shots fired, probably not. I think multiple witnesses lied about the hands up dont shoot.

Because of the history of racism and corruptness within the Fergeson PD, I cant believe the officer's story. He does have a history before Browns with multiple problems of harrassment and aggression with the community.

I dont think this was properly vetted and he should at least had an indictment brought against him.

With the NY incident, thats just murder point blank. A cop murdered someone on the streets of New York with his hands. The medical examiner agrees and marked homicide with a cause of death. Look at the video. The cop is way over aggressive and choked him to death. There can be no arguement the other way.

He Gets Us
Old 12-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #64
HailGreen28
Playmaker

we disagree pretty much on the brown case. on the garner case, in the video most peopke use where half the screen is blocked off, it looked to me like he didn't complain about not being able to breathe until he was on the ground face down and they didnt have an arm around his neck,. But just saw a link on a New York paper that the coroner said there were issues with the compression of his neck and chest, leading to homicide ruling. I thought they should have indicted the police anyways for negligence leaving the guy down not able to breathe but looks like now they should have indicted the officer that put on the choke hold.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #65
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Some people in this thread need to read this ........,and think a long time .

Ferguson grand jury documents show inconsistencies in witness testimony - CBS News
I think you are missing the point that the standards of police treatment for some groups of people in this country are different compared to others.

I don't know what your background is and if you're not a person of color, I don't expect you to understand what is like to be a person of color in this country even during these times.

The same way that I as a male will very likely never what is like to be a woman during time when you see rapes happening all the time and there being a culture where in some cases it is not seen as a big deal (see UVA case).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #66
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My official stance on Mike Brown

The Ferguson police department is on par with racist, corrupt deparments in the deep south of the 50s and 60s. They have a history of harrassment, racial profiling, racism and overt aggression towards minorities.

The prosecutor is biased with a history of not prosecuting any wrong doings of the police department and looking the other way letting the police department do what they want. He's an enabler and most likely a racist as well.

Most certainly Fergonson should have been a special prosecutor brought in for Browns case. This was the pivotal mistake. The Attorny General for the state should be ashamed.

I agree with this 100%.

Quote:
With the NY incident, thats just murder point blank. A cop murdered someone on the streets of New York with his hands. The medical examiner agrees and marked homicide with a cause of death. Look at the video. The cop is way over aggressive and choked him to death. There can be no arguement the other way.

No idea how you can have video evidence of a cop choking out a man and not bringing an indictment on him. That place should be burned to the ground.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rand Paul blames Garner's death on NYC cigarette tax - CNN.com

This guy is a certified moron. The cigarette tax killed Garner?...jeez this country

He Gets Us
Old 12-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #68
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
.........and resisting arrest ,had he not done that he would have been out of jail in hours and still alive .
So you think it is OK for police to choke someone that is unarmed to death for resisting arrest?

Resisting Arrest is not the same thing as posing a threat to a Police Officer's life.

It is depressing how low our society has become now that resisting arrest while not posing any threat to the livelihood of a police officer gives that police officer the license to choke a man to death.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #69
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
So you think it is OK for police to choke someone that is unarmed to death for resisting arrest?

...............where did I ever say that ,so you are saying if he did exactly what he was told he still be dead ,right ?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #70
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
This isn't bogato Columbia. The medical examiner said homicide.

If this guy is white in a Connecticut suburb and resisted, is he dead? Our way of thinking where this is ok crazy. This isn't michael brown, this is much much worse IMO.
It happened in Va. last year , this white male did have his hands up ...
Family wants answers in Va. shooting by cop . So did this white kid with down syndrome ,....Lawsuit moves forward in death of Ethan Saylor .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #71
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Rand Paul blames Garner's death on NYC cigarette tax - CNN.com

This guy is a certified moron. The cigarette tax killed Garner?...jeez this country
I don't agree with Paul , however NYC mayor did create an " Ill. Cig. Task Force " .....
Governor Cuomo Announces New Strike Force to Crack Down on Illegal Cigarette and Tobacco Trafficking and Sales | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo. The cop should have never used an " air choke ",banned by NYPD for a reason . R.I.P. Mr Garner .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you are missing the point that the standards of police treatment for some groups of people in this country are different compared to others.

I don't know what your background is and if you're not a person of color, I don't expect you to understand what is like to be a person of color in this country even during these times.

).

First and foremost , there are shitty Cops out there and I fully agree things can and should be handle differently .We are all people of color the law is the law and police are there to enforce the law ,Mo and NY are 2 different situations the only thing similar is both guys had broken the law (allegedly) and resisted arrest .In the Brown case he initiated the confrontation by reaching into the police car and going for the cops gun (all facts) .In Garner's case the dumb ass Cop use a illegal choke hold where many other tactics would have worked considering there were many officers there I don't get it .I still maintain that both were doing something illegal and had they listen to the police and do what was told .....as all people should do they would be alive ,I'm from the same school as JR ,kiss ass to you are out then fight it in court .So I'll ask the question since people just want to burn everything down,are people of color ....above the law ,you own a gas station in town and "the people burn it down" ...is that ok ?
Old 12-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #73
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
...............where did I ever say that ,so you are saying if he did exactly what he was told he still be dead ,right ?
So if we don't do exactly what authority figures say... we deserve to die.

I agree he should have listened. But not listening does not mean he deserved to be killed.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
First and foremost , there are shitty Cops out there and I fully agree things can and should be handle differently .We are all people of color the law is the law and police are there to enforce the law ,Mo and NY are 2 different situations the only thing similar is both guys had broken the law (allegedly) and resisted arrest .In the Brown case he initiated the confrontation by reaching into the police car and going for the cops gun (all facts) .In Garner's case the dumb ass Cop use a illegal choke hold where many other tactics would have worked considering there were many officers there I don't get it .I still maintain that both were doing something illegal and had they listen to the police and do what was told .....as all people should do they would be alive ,I'm from the same school as JR ,kiss ass to you are out then fight it in court .So I'll ask the question since people just want to burn everything down,are people of color ....above the law ,you own a gas station in town and "the people burn it down" ...is that ok ?
So if I dont kiss ass I should suffer the consequences? NO

I treat everyone with respect and I expect the samething from everyone including a police officer. To think you have to kiss someone ass in order to get favorable treatment...Bullshit. These fucking cops need to read the fucking constitution.

He Gets Us
Old 12-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
It happened in Va. last year , this white male did have his hands up ...
Family wants answers in Va. shooting by cop . So did this white kid with down syndrome ,....Lawsuit moves forward in death of Ethan Saylor .
So you agree a national problem? How a police chief killing an unarmed man: White Ex-Cop Charged in Killing of Black Man in SC - ABC News

Or how about a police officer shooting a killing a 12 year old with a bb gun. Now we learn this cop had maturity issues doing his job and had a problem handling stress: Cop who shot Tamir Rice called 'distracted and weepy' - CNN.com

Think to yourself if this was your son or grandson...what would your reaction be? Now think, this isnt a problem in other places...this is a "Main Street" issue meaning you better look in your own community who holds a badge and a gun. Its your tax money paying for it

He Gets Us