When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #1621
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The president could've interviewed with the special counsel. If you have nothing to hide, why not?

I agree Rosenstein also signed off on that, but we don't know his motivations. It seems he just wanted to get out with his good name intact.

And when Mueller inevitably testifies to Congress I have no doubts he's going to say he would've indicted Trump if Trump weren't President. He felt they had enough evidence to charge Trump but since DOJ policy is a sitting President can't be charged that's where he left it at. Why else would he send a letter to Barr saying he disagrees with Barr's conclusions? (Source)
So we doing hypotheticals or we gonna deal with the facts?

The report is available to everyone and the fact is, not enough evidence for collusion or obstruction. The problem is there is no underlying crime...there is no collusion with Russia period...that would be the crime, if there was one. And motive for obstruction has to have a corrupt intent. Firing Comey was within his right and mueller finished his investigation...he wasn’t fired. No one was directed to lie to the team or under oath.

If the other investigations can use mueller report (the roadmap) to indict or impeach, so be it. But the mueller investigation itself did not lead to criminal charges because it can’t support it. Barr isn’t lying, isn’t covering up, and trump isn’t some criminal mastermind pulling all the strings perfectly to skate charges.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #1622
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The president could've interviewed with the special counsel. If you have nothing to hide, why not?

I agree Rosenstein also signed off on that, but we don't know his motivations. It seems he just wanted to get out with his good name intact.

And when Mueller inevitably testifies to Congress I have no doubts he's going to say he would've indicted Trump if Trump weren't President. He felt they had enough evidence to charge Trump but since DOJ policy is a sitting President can't be charged that's where he left it at. Why else would he send a letter to Barr saying he disagrees with Barr's conclusions? (Source)
Let's not forget that trump fired everyone trying to do their job in this investigation till he got Barr to cover for him.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #1623
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The report is available to everyone and the fact is, not enough evidence for collusion or obstruction. The problem is there is no underlying crime...there is no collusion with Russia period...that would be the crime, if there was one. And motive for obstruction has to have a corrupt intent. Firing Comey was within his right and mueller finished his investigation...he wasn’t fired. No one was directed to lie to the team or under oath.

If the other investigations can use mueller report (the roadmap) to indict or impeach, so be it. But the mueller investigation itself did not lead to criminal charges because it can’t support it. Barr isn’t lying, isn’t covering up, and trump isn’t some criminal mastermind pulling all the strings perfectly to skate charges.
Mueller wasn't fired because McGahn refused to go through with it. He resigned rather than do that (which give Trump all the credit for, he surrounded himself with people smart enough to know firing the special counsel would've made it Watergate 2.0 all over again).

I agree Trump is not some criminal mastermind who collaborated with Russia. He's smart enough to turn the other cheek and literally let Putin do his thing without explicitly endorsing it.

Why else does he verbally suck off Putin every opportunity and take closed meetings with no transcribers when every President of recent memory has always done so?

Also it seems pretty clear that just because Trump didn't explicitly say "Cohen you need to lie to Congress" that doesn't mean the intent wasn't there.

Just curious how you think mafia convictions happen when they speak in code all the time? (I know, I know, Trump =/= mafia)
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #1624
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Let's not forget that trump fired everyone trying to do their job in this investigation till he got Barr to cover for him.
No g1...he had to fire mueller. He asked 2 people to fire mueller which they refused and in one case had to explain to trump that could be interpreted as obstruction. Firing Comey was well within his power as president.

No g1, Barr cover for what? There is no collusion so there was no underlying crime to cover for. The report is available to read sans about 10% which is redacted.

He Gets Us
Old 05-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #1625
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
No g1...he had to fire mueller. He asked 2 people to fire mueller which they refused and in one case had to explain to trump that could be interpreted as obstruction. Firing Comey was well within his power as president.

No g1, Barr cover for what? There is no collusion so there was no underlying crime to cover for. The report is available to read sans about 10% which is redacted.
Chico ,.....you are so full of shit! Trump if not president would be in jail.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #1626
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Chico ,.....you are so full of shit! Trump if not president would be in jail.
Sure brother! Happy memorial day!

He Gets Us
Old 05-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #1627
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Is the letter Mueller publicly released before sending to Barr stating he disagreed with how Barr presented the report a hypothetical or is it a fact?

I'm done with impeachment, just hope the American people get their head out of their ass and stop sipping the kool-aid.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #1628
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Is the letter Mueller publicly released before sending to Barr stating he disagreed with how Barr presented the report a hypothetical or is it a fact?

I'm done with impeachment, just hope the American people get their head out of their ass and stop sipping the kool-aid.
amen!
Old 05-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #1629
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Mueller didn’t like how it was presented? Who cares? Mueller knew before Barr presented to the president lawyers and country there were no charges being filed for either collusion and obstruction. We act like mueller, Barr and hot rod didn’t speak about the investigation and it’s conclusions. The report is available for everyone to see...there was no underlying crime which the president was trying to obstruct an investigation. Per the report, the president was pissed that this lie of collusion was undermining his presidency and allowing folks to question legitimacy. The intent and motive matters. Conspiracy theories, cover up, etc...the report is in print for everyone...it’s a stiff drink and not kool aid for everyone who openly rooted against trump.

He Gets Us
Old 05-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #1630
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Mueller didn’t like how it was presented? Who cares? Mueller knew before Barr presented to the president lawyers and country there were no charges being filed for either collusion and obstruction. We act like mueller, Barr and hot rod didn’t speak about the investigation and it’s conclusions. The report is available for everyone to see...there was no underlying crime which the president was trying to obstruct an investigation. Per the report, the president was pissed that this lie of collusion was undermining his presidency and allowing folks to question legitimacy. The intent and motive matters. Conspiracy theories, cover up, etc...the report is in print for everyone...it’s a stiff drink and not kool aid for everyone who openly rooted against trump.
What is sad is the trumpetts like yourself have to sell that to yourselves to justify backing a crooked president. Why can't I believe you chico , oh wait............................

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ed-if-n1002436

President Donald Trump would have been indicted for obstruction of justice in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation if he did not hold the nation's highest office, nearly 700 former federal prosecutors argued in an open letter published on Medium on Monday.

The ex-prosecutors — who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations dating back to President Dwight D. Eisenhower — said Attorney General William Barr's decision not to charge Trump with obstruction "runs counter to logic and our experience."
Old 05-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #1631
Giantone
Gamebreaker

................and...............

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...report/588259/

The president committed crimes.

There is no way around it. Attorney General William Barr’s efforts to clear President Donald Trump, both in his original letter and in his press conference the morning of the report’s release, are wholly unconvincing when you actually spend time with the document itself.

Mueller does not accuse the president of crimes. He doesn’t have to. But the facts he recounts describe criminal behavior. They describe criminal behavior even if we allow the president’s—and the attorney general’s—argument that facially valid exercises of presidential authority cannot be obstructions of justice. They do this because they describe obstructive activity that does not involve facially valid exercises of presidential power at all.

Consider only two examples. The first is the particularly ugly section concerning Trump’s efforts to get then–Attorney General Jeff Sessions to “unrecuse.”
Old 05-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #1632
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

First article means zilch. From afar, I’m sure it looks easy, whomever they are.

And a Brookings institute liberal hack, friends with Comey. If these so called crimes are so obvious and non complex in nature...then impeach him. What’s everyone waiting for?

There is no underlying collusion crime to obstruct especially from a president who turned over a million documents, made everyone available and didn’t invoke executive privilege during the investigation.

He Gets Us
Old 05-28-2019, 05:23 AM   #1633
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
First article means zilch. From afar, I’m sure it looks easy, whomever they are.

And a Brookings institute liberal hack, friends with Comey. If these so called crimes are so obvious and non complex in nature...then impeach him. What’s everyone waiting for?

There is no underlying collusion crime to obstruct especially from a president who turned over a million documents, made everyone available and didn’t invoke executive privilege during the investigation.
Yes there is and smarter people(700) than you or I have said it. Your bias is showing ,I did want him impeached now I want him to lose in 2020 and then go to jail ,he is so arrogant he will eff up in the debates. Putin can't help him anymore.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #1634
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes there is and smarter people(700) than you or I have said it. Your bias is showing ,I did want him impeached now I want him to lose in 2020 and then go to jail ,he is so arrogant he will eff up in the debates. Putin can't help him anymore.
debatable .Probably not smarter than Trump tho

G1, if more items come up that can prove he committed a crime, then prosecute him...but I don't think there is enough there. Plus, like ive said...if the crimes are so obvious, then impeachment wouldn't be a problem.

Question to you, Mooby, and others....how do you like being lied too constantly for 2 straight years by the media and others like Adam Schiff who claim Trump colluded with Russia? Why do you continue to trust sources who lied to you daily? No issues or does it register at all? Serious question.

He Gets Us
Old 05-28-2019, 12:10 PM   #1635
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
debatable .Probably not smarter than Trump tho

G1, if more items come up that can prove he committed a crime, then prosecute him...but I don't think there is enough there. Plus, like ive said...if the crimes are so obvious, then impeachment wouldn't be a problem.

Question to you, Mooby, and others....how do you like being lied too constantly for 2 straight years by the media and others like Adam Schiff who claim Trump colluded with Russia? Why do you continue to trust sources who lied to you daily? No issues or does it register at all? Serious question.
I never thought trump did "collude with Russia" ...others in his campaign did(his son) etc and Russia openly said they were trying to elect trump. Trump lets other do his dirty work and never gets his own hands dirty . Serious question chico how doe it feel to back the biggest piece of slime to ever represent this count,how does it feel to know the man you scream and trust for is tearing this country apart and doesn't give two shits about you or anyone but his own ass,how does that feel?