Old 04-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #61
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Jon Gruden's QB Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Claussen reminds me of this guy.

A blank white screen?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #62
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
A blank white screen?
Yeah it was a fail at first but it is obviously working now.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #63
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
LOL. Snead doesn't pose in speedos either. Well, maybe...
God, if McCoy's "Southern Drawl" was bad then you ain't a seen nuthin till you heard Jevan Snead speak I tell you what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Yeah it was a fail at first but it is obviously working now.
Great, now I get a fail and your fail becomes an un-fail or something to that effect. I'm not sure of the technical definition.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #64
murphy196
Special Teams

Quote:
Really? I was only trying to make one simple point in this entire thread- I don't like Jimmy Clausen as the leader of a football team. And I stated my reasons why. I'm not trying to argue some intricate X's-O's type thing. I also have repeatedly said I think he'll probably be a good pro. SS33 made fair points, however nothing anyone says in this thread about Clausen is going to change my opinion of him.

As far as the wins-losses thing, I was just pointing out that he didn't rally his team to very many wins. Fact.
The thing that sucked for Jimmy while he was at ND is that he never had a Defense that could stop anyone and hold a lead for his team. Jimmy did what he could to put them in a position to win a lot of ballgames, I mean you can't expect him to go out there on Defense too!
murphy196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #65
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Thanks and LOL. I enjoy your posts also, plus we're on the same page a vast majority of the time.

I know you didn't. You've been very fair in your assessment and statements about him....other than the douchiness. But some of the douchiness is warranted and Clausen has no one to blame but himself. That picture of him with the coat and rings on his signing day was incredibly stupid.

If Clausen was such an a-hole or "had leadership issues" I'm sure Tate and at least a couple of the other WRs would've had "scheduling conflicts" or "family issues" to attend to. They wouldn't have openly thrown him under the bus.

Schefter isn't a scout/talent evaluator, he's a reporter, so I couldn't care less what he thinks. I hate to quote a PFT article with "unnamed sources" but based on this it appears people who scout for a living have some questions about McShay, but not Kiper or Mayock.

Todd McShay backlash builds | ProFootballTalk.com

I understand your opinion about Tebow, although we don't share the same opinion of his translation into the NFL. But that transition problem will be a physical/technique/ability issue, not character. I also could be completely wrong and he makes the transition after 2-3 years.

On the intangibles, I think Bradford/McCoy are unknowns. Both come from big programs with superior talent and haven't been under the gun with equal or sub-par talent compared to their opponents. When McCoy was under the gun, he looked pretty bad (Big XII Championship). Bradford was average at best against Florida....I'm sure you saw that one.

I think freshman Clausen absolutely had leadership/maturity issues, Junior Clausen...not so much.
All fair points.

As to what you said about how these QBs played against big time competition, Tebow did his damage against the murderer's row that is the SEC while Notre Dame was busy losing to Navy back to back years. I know that Tebow had superior talent around him at Florida, but he does have the experience of playing against SEC defenses under his belt. However I do think he's gonna need to ride an NFL bench behind an established starter for at least 2 years if he hopes to have success.

If I had to rank the top 4 QBs as far as how successful I think they'll be in the NFL, I go Bradford, Clausen, Tebow, McCoy.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

McShay's no less a scout than Kiper, he just hasn't been around as long as Kiper.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #67
GMScud
Swearinger

A tip of the cap to Angry for keeping the mood light. LOL. That picture of Clausen in the speedo.... I'm speechless. I have no speech.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #68
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
McShay's no less a scout than Kiper, he just hasn't been around as long as Kiper.
Do you think the PFT thing on McShay is fair or pretty much BS?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #69
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
A tip of the cap to Angry for keeping the mood light. LOL. That picture of Clausen in the speedo.... I'm speechless. I have no speech.
From a USC site to a U of Mich site....as I said before Photoshop in the wrong hands.

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post673101
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Do you think the PFT thing on McShay is fair or pretty much BS?
Which part exactly?

And it's not true that Mayock is the only one with access to the college tapes.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #71
murphy196
Special Teams

Very interesting article about McShay
murphy196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #72
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Which part exactly?

And it's not true that Mayock is the only one with access to the college tapes.
These two statements: "Most people at my level feel he is a joke," a veteran NFL scout told us via e-mail.

"McShay does not have any good connections," the source opined. "Higher-ups in the league think he is an arrogant asshole. A know-it-all. And he really knows nothing.

Side-note: I would almost vote for a Dem in the fall if I could get access to those college tapes. That would be awesome to break down full-field game tape all day long.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
These two statements: "Most people at my level feel he is a joke," a veteran NFL scout told us via e-mail.

"McShay does not have any good connections," the source opined. "Higher-ups in the league think he is an arrogant asshole. A know-it-all. And he really knows nothing.

Side-note: I would almost vote for a Dem in the fall if I could get access to those college tapes. That would be awesome to break down full-field game tape all day long.
It's pretty bad ass to get see angles that the common television viewer never sees. And today I watched it in 3D!! Which actually wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.

I've never really had any problem with McShay (I personally think he's more into college football than pro football) but I can't say we've really interacted all that much. He's not a total ass like (I'm not really going to name names here) and he's not necessarily a go out of their way to chat with you good guy like Colin Cowherd (yeah that's right I said Cowher), Barry Melrose, or Jalen Rose. He's just McShay. I've never noticed him to be arrogant at all.

Does he have connections? At the college level, absolutely. At the pro level, yes but I'm sure they're not at the same level as Kiper.

McShay was not the only person to regard Snead highly going into last season. And he's not the only person to comment somewhat negatively on Clausen. Why he gets treated like he is the only one baffles me.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #74
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Really? I was only trying to make one simple point in this entire thread- I don't like Jimmy Clausen as the leader of a football team. And I stated my reasons why. I'm not trying to argue some intricate X's-O's type thing. I also have repeatedly said I think he'll probably be a good pro. SS33 made fair points, however nothing anyone says in this thread about Clausen is going to change my opinion of him.

As far as the wins-losses thing, I was just pointing out that he didn't rally his team to very many wins. Fact.
This mirrors my thoughts exactly. I'm with you on this one GMScud.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #75
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
It's pretty bad ass to get see angles that the common television viewer never sees. And today I watched it in 3D!! Which actually wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.

I've never really had any problem with McShay (I personally think he's more into college football than pro football) but I can't say we've really interacted all that much. He's not a total ass like (I'm not really going to name names here) and he's not necessarily a go out of their way to chat with you good guy like Colin Cowherd (yeah that's right I said Cowher), Barry Melrose, or Jalen Rose. He's just McShay. I've never noticed him to be arrogant at all.

Does he have connections? At the college level, absolutely. At the pro level, yes but I'm sure they're not at the same level as Kiper.

McShay was not the only person to regard Snead highly going into last season. And he's not the only person to comment somewhat negatively on Clausen. Why he gets treated like he is the only one baffles me.
I know its none of my business. What do you do for a living? I read some of the things you post, you are really in the know and you get alot of respect on your insider knowledge, Im just curious