Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

AH trade II La Canfora insists AH is indeed on the trading block.

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: AH trade II La Canfora insists AH is indeed on the trading block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why? Because he spoke out against the terrible coaching staff we had last year? Or because he wants to play a position where he fits the best? Really, are people that blind to want to bitch and whine about a particular player and miss the big picture completely?

Aren't we the same fanbase that bitches about Landry playing out of position? Or bitched about not playing Orakpo as a 4-3 DE?
Go man. Go.
I am glad to see we agree on this.
I have been staying away from this site before the draft and also avoiding the fictional BS articles about Haynesworth. It pains me to read misquotes or fictional made up shit that Haynesworth supposedly feels or said. It is a huge over reaction of people to call AH a cancer. What a joke.
It is ok to hate that we paid him that much money, but that is not AH's fault.
Would you tell your employer that you are paid too much? Would you not seek to maximize your salary?
AH along with Orakpo will make our defensive front 7 and our pass rush very strong. Lets not fall in to the same Dan Snyder trap of trying to build a superbowl team in one offseason. We have a solid defense. Great. Start with that and we build our offense over time. Don't dismantle our strength for draft picks that may never pan out. Otherwise we back to Cerratto ball.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Go man. Go.
I am glad to see we agree on this.
I have been staying away from this site before the draft and also avoiding the fictional BS articles about Haynesworth. It pains me to read misquotes or fictional made up shit that Haynesworth supposedly feels or said. It is a huge over reaction of people to call AH a cancer. What a joke.
It is ok to hate that we paid him that much money, but that is not AH's fault.
Would you tell your employer that you are paid too much? Would you not seek to maximize your salary?
AH along with Orakpo will make our defensive front 7 and our pass rush very strong. Lets not fall in to the same Dan Snyder trap of trying to build a superbowl team in one offseason. We have a solid defense. Great. Start with that and we build our offense over time. Don't dismantle our strength for draft picks that may never pan out. Otherwise we back to Cerratto ball.

AGREED COMPLETELY. He's not at the voluntary workout, but he's preparing and working hard on his own. It's not like he's being lazy.

Cancer? Sure...this "cancer" doubled our sack total last year. He's worth keeping.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
AGREED COMPLETELY. He's not at the voluntary workout, but he's preparing and working hard on his own. It's not like he's being lazy.

Cancer? Sure...this "cancer" doubled our sack total last year. He's worth keeping.
who gives a crap about voluntary workouts? the crucial things is he skipped a minicamp. Shanahan's first minicamp. Hasletts first minicamp. Haynesworth first opportunity to learn and get practice in the new defense. THAT's what i'm concerned about. Or what I would be concerned about if I felt Haynesworth were going to be part of the team this year. Its time for people to stop whining and recognize the fact that Haynesworth will be wearing another uniform in 2010.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH. We let him go watch our sack total go down.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Adam Schefter on Sirius right now again defended his belief that AH will not be traded. He said 2 separate sources told him that. Also said he's not naive to think that they might not have been blowing smoke, and that if they could trade him they might for the right price. And finally that it's not just that we aren't shopping him, but that the market for him is probably shaky because of the known knocks on AH.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Adam Schefter on Sirius right now again defended his belief that AH will not be traded. He said 2 separate sources told him that. Also said he's not naive to think that they might not have been blowing smoke, and that if they could trade him they might for the right price. And finally that it's not just that we aren't shopping him, but that the market for him is probably shaky because of the known knocks on AH.

Wow, points that actually make sense? I don't want to hear that. Jared LaCanfora and Jason Reid's witchunt against Al is much more interesting...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
internetcareer
Camp Scrub

I don't know what some of you are upset about. Haynesworth is working out, and Shanny is planning on killing him in Summer Camp. I laughed when Shanny said "I hope he comes in here and proves me wrong".

Albert...hey Fat Al...better bring your water bottle when you come to camp. You're going to "Paris Island" buddy. Report for Duty in August. (And by the way Al... where do you want to be buried)
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

honestly, haynesworth is a prototypical 3-4 defensive end.. so there is a difference. he has the ability. he just lacks the desire.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #9
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
honestly, haynesworth is a prototypical 3-4 defensive end.. so there is a difference. he has the ability. he just lacks the desire.
Quote:
And, hey, he seems perfectly onboard to play 3-4 DE, based on what he said on the radio today: "End in 3-4 is the same thing as a defensive tackle in the 4-3, I believe."
On Albert Haynesworth And The Nose Tackle Position

He's fine with DE, he just doesn't want to play NT much.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
On Albert Haynesworth And The Nose Tackle Position

He's fine with DE, he just doesn't want to play NT much.
yeah, but Shanahan has publically named Haynesworth the teams starting NT and said that, while he'll be moved around, he will play NT as well. In my opinion, the skins are obviously trying to isolate Haynesworth. I think the desire for the two parties to split is very mutual.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
yeah, but Shanahan has publically named Haynesworth the teams starting NT and said that, while he'll be moved around, he will play NT as well. In my opinion, the skins are obviously trying to isolate Haynesworth. I think the desire for the two parties to split is very mutual.

Shanahan doesn't coach defense though. While I think it was a jab at Al, it would be idiotic for Shanahan to demand that Al is a NT and disregard Haslett's plans for him.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Shanahan doesn't coach defense though. While I think it was a jab at Al, it would be idiotic for Shanahan to demand that Al is a NT and disregard Haslett's plans for him.
what on earth makes you think Shanahan disregarded Haslett's plans for Haynesworth? In all likelyhood, Shanahan was reinforcing Haslett's plans. And even if your assertation were true, last time i checked, Shanahan is the head coach of this team and Haslett works for Shanahan. Shanahan's also more accomplished. If there were ever a disagreement between the two, i'd side with Shanahan without even needing to knkow Hasletts side of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I liked what Jason Reid's latest post said. Paraphrasing, "Veterans expressed concern that Haynesworth could become a distraction if he remains on the team".

What? Do they feel the same way about Rocky and JC? Did they feel the same way about Daniels, Springs, Fletcher, Portis and everybody else who has trained on their own in the offseason before?

In theory, couldn't any player on the team become a distraction?

You know why it is a distraction, because every stupid reporter asks every Redskin player and coach 6 questions about Haynesworth every time they meet with them.
again, who cares about voluntary workouts? Haynesworth skipped the teams first minicamp, for a defense in which he's learning a new position. Players "understand" when a teammate holds out due to a contract issue or something like that. But Haynesworth is absent because he and Shanahan are facing off against one another. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the switch to the 3-4, Shanahan is the boss. Haynesworth needs to be like everyone else and do what he's told and show up in camp and practice with his teammates. By not showing up, Haynesworth is alienating himself from the team. If the media weren't reporting this, then they wouldnt be doing thier jobs. Its entirely understandable why his teammates feel its a distraction.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
jdc65
Special Teams

It is sounding more and more likely that Detroit will take Suh. That would eliminate the Haynesworth to the Lions for their 2nd rd pick.
If the Saints make that trade, it would have to be before the Skins select their choice. If Jammal Brown comes here, and Suh/Mcoy are both gone, then we would get Berry.
No trade by 8pm thursday night, my guess is we would select Okung.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Pocket$ $traight

I liked what Jason Reid's latest post said. Paraphrasing, "Veterans expressed concern that Haynesworth could become a distraction if he remains on the team".

What? Do they feel the same way about Rocky and JC? Did they feel the same way about Daniels, Springs, Fletcher, Portis and everybody else who has trained on their own in the offseason before?

In theory, couldn't any player on the team become a distraction?

You know why it is a distraction, because every stupid reporter asks every Redskin player and coach 6 questions about Haynesworth every time they meet with them.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

There's so much talk from each side of the fence I don't know how anyone can draw a hard line in the sand and tell who's more right or wrong in all of this. I think both sides have their points.

This is what we know, AH has skipped out on voluntary workouts. Big deal? Not really in the big picture. AH was offered up in a trade to Philly. Big deal? Not really, he's one of the biggest bargaining chips we have and more than anything I think the FO wanted to try to avoid paying that $21M bonus.

What all of this comes down to is AH wasn't hand picked by this staff. And AH didn't sign on to play with this current staff either. Changes happen all the time in this league, one team's treasure is another team's trash, and vice versa. Hopefully in the end things work out best for both sides.

I'd like to see AH stay, and I think all of this will blow over with time. But if a team comes knocking with a trade offer of multiple picks, I wouldn't complain about that either.