Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Campbell was on some really terrible Redskin teams. Once Samuels and Thomas got injured, the offensive line that was left last year was one of the worst Redskins offensive lines in recent memory. Zorn's short pass west coast offense (LOL!) was not to his strength either.

It will be interesting to see how he does with the Raiders long vertical passing game. They have some speed and talent at the skill positions in Oakland. Just like in DC the O-line will tell the tale.
He still has a chance to be a very good QB. I will root for him
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
over the mountain
Playmaker

well, one legacy argument could be that he is the guy coach gibbs made a huge mistake on, maybe his greatest player evaluation mistake.

JC is an average QB at best, down right boring to watch at worst.

wish the man well, he seems to be a great person.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I really feel like he will go the way of other redskins qb's/draft busts. A la Ramsey, Schuler, Wuerrful, Matthews, etc. How many of us talk about them now?

He was a barely mediocre passer who was careful with the ball, and didn't make decisions that would hurt the team. He may have been too cautious, but he was a good game manager who could preserve a win if the overall team was playing lights out. He makes me think of a poor man's Kerry Collins.

If Jason doesn't win the starting job, and Tom Cable says now there is no reason to assume that the job is his, he will have a good career as a primary backup. He always has a positive attitude and prepares for the game well. He just came up a little too short in the talent department to be a serious NFL starter. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

I'll never understand why Gibbs drafted him when it was clear that Gibbs wasn't going to be here long enough in his second go-around to develop a QB for the future.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
His Redskins legacy will be one of great disappointment. Is he a good guy? Sure. Was he a solid QB? Certainly. But, and I understand it's not entirely his fault, we paid a hefty price for a guy who was hardly a contributor to our two playoff teams in the six years he was here. And while I understand circumstances weren't always great around him, I think too many of us looked to that as an excuse for JC's underperforming.

I just can't wait for TO to sign with the Raiders so we can finally see Campbell to Owens
So if Campbell was here six years, does that mean he dressed up like Patrick Ramsey for all of the 2004 season? If so, then what happened to the real Patrick Ramsey?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So if Campbell was here six years, does that mean he dressed up like Patrick Ramsey for all of the 2004 season? If so, then what happened to the real Patrick Ramsey?
I'm guilty of saying six years sometimes too, only because he was with us for part of the 2010 campaign, at least in the off-season.

2005: Didn't start. Brunell goes to playoffs
2006: Took over for Brunell after 9 games
2007: Got Hurt. Collins goes to playoffs
2008: Bah
2009: Bah.
2010: Team Drafts McNabb, Campbell relegated to backup.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

I'll never understand why Gibbs drafted him when it was clear that Gibbs wasn't going to be here long enough in his second go-around to develop a QB for the future.
Gibbs and Campbell were together for 3 years. If Gibbs had stayed for the duration of his 5 year contract, it would have been 4. Thats plenty of time to develop a quality 1st round quarterback before riding off into the sunset. The problem was, Campbell was not a quality quarterback. I honestly think that If Gibbs didn't bring in Al Saunders, there's a good chance the redskins would have been more successful. Heck, if Gibbs had had the foresight to bring in a "real" GM to make personnel decisions, the skins would probably be the best team in the NFC East right now.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #22
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Solid starter, victim of too many coaching/system changes and overall franchise instability, classy guy. I wish him luck in Oakland, if anyone is prepared to deal with that crazy organization it's certainly him.

Just hoping we can put this subject to bed soon.
We still get people whining about Patrick Ramsey's "unfair shot" occasionally.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I really feel like he will go the way of other redskins qb's/draft busts. A la Ramsey, Schuler, Wuerrful, Matthews, etc. How many of us talk about them now?

He was a barely mediocre passer who was careful with the ball, and didn't make decisions that would hurt the team. He may have been too cautious, but he was a good game manager who could preserve a win if the overall team was playing lights out. He makes me think of a poor man's Kerry Collins.

If Jason doesn't win the starting job, and Tom Cable says now there is no reason to assume that the job is his, he will have a good career as a primary backup. He always has a positive attitude and prepares for the game well. He just came up a little too short in the talent department to be a serious NFL starter. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

I don't think we drafted them we just picked them up because they played for the old ball coach.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

I definitely don't think he belongs in the same discussion as guys like Wuerffel, Matthews, Ramsey, etc. JC at least has shown to be a solid starter.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I definitely don't think he belongs in the same discussion as guys like Wuerffel, Matthews, Ramsey, etc. JC at least has shown to be a solid starter.
He'll be better for the Raiders. Strange to think about, but they have good, young running game and just added two starting tackles to protect him. His sacks could be cut in half easily this season. The Raiders have a good defense too, in that weak division with only San Diego to worry about (Denver is going the way of the Zornskins, KC is beginning to build a nice team but still far away), JC could be in the hunt to be a Wild Card Playoff QB.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #26
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
His Redskins legacy will be one of great disappointment. Is he a good guy? Sure. Was he a solid QB? Certainly. But, and I understand it's not entirely his fault, we paid a hefty price for a guy who was hardly a contributor to our two playoff teams in the six years he was here. And while I understand circumstances weren't always great around him, I think too many of us looked to that as an excuse for JC's underperforming.

I just can't wait for TO to sign with the Raiders so we can finally see Campbell to Owens
I think this pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. He was nowhere as good as his supporters thought he could be and nowhere as bad as his detractors thought he was. I hope he does well in Oakland because he's a class act and I think he can have moderate success. He will likely end up playing another 8 or so years bouncing around the league as a spot starter or platoon backup.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I don't think we drafted them we just picked them up because they played for the old ball coach.
Correct, we signed those two bums off the street when old ball coach was running (ruining) the team.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #28
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Guarantee it'll be another 1-2 years Ramsey-style before we stop talking about what could have been, ESPECIALLY if he does well in Oakland. :-P
Old 04-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #29
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

i know how skins fans are lol. If he has a 9 and 7 season there, people will beg for us to trade for him, especially if we go 7 and 9 or worse with DonoShan..
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #30
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Who is this Jason Campbell you refer to???

But in all serious, JC has been a great sport through everything he has been put through. But what has he done on the field? I was never onboad with drafting him as we saw what he really is, a middle of the pack qb. Nothing exciting about him. He cant put a team on his back and get a win. I wish him the best in Oakland, he'll need it.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote