Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

This morning on Mike Wise's radio show, the question was asked what legacy does Jason Campbell leave behind as a Redskin. Nearly every caller, including myself, stopped short of calling Campbell a straight up bust or a failure. Some were pro Campbell, some were con, some were split, but nearly all gave him the benefit of the doubt considering the circumstances he had to deal with. One caller made an interesting observation that the Redskins were sending a bad message by booting Campbell out of town, a guy he compared to the likes of Darrell Green and Art Monk as far as class acts go, and keeping a player like Albert Haynesworth, who has made it known how he feels about playing NT and the coaching staff. But I digress.

But as i continued to listen, I wondered what if Campbell actually succeeds in Oakland? I'm not talking Super Bowl success, but let's say the Raiders just sniff the playoffs. Let's say Campbell squeezes out an 8-8 record or graces the cover of Sports Illustrated once or twice.

What type of pressure would that put on Donovan McNabb and the current administration? No one really talks about that. We've assumed the McNabb will be successful as a Redskin and Campbell will sort of plod along and just get by out there. We hear a lot about how McNabb is an upgrade, but what if JC ups his game too? Yeah, I know the what if game is futile at the end of the day, but that's what we do until the season actually kicks off.

I'll conclude by saying this, unless Campbell suffers an injury of some sort, heaven forbid, Jason Campbell will finally be Jason Campbell in Oakland. Whatever that is, he won't be over coached or dressed up in some system that doesn't suit him. I have a feeling that whatever Campbell is or isn't as an NFL quarterback, we'll find out once and for all what's under the hood. No more excuses, assumptions, or what ifs for the guy. I wish him success as a Raider and I have a feeling that a lot of Washington Redskin fans will be taking keen notice of the Oakland Raiders from week to week.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote