Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Disloyalty is widespread...all the way to the top

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
jdlea
Playmaker

Disloyalty is widespread...all the way to the top

For anyone who has ever disagreed with me about NFL organizations not being loyal to their players...you're all wrong! Troy Brown's option was not picked up today by the New England Patriots.

Brown's option not picked up

Troy Brown! The ultimate team first player. The embodiment of what the Patriots portray themselves as. Take less money? Troy Brown had offensive incentives he didn't reach because started playing DB and couldn't play wide out full time. He puts himself at risk. WRs don't tackle people for a living, but he started playing corner and put himself in a position to do that. He returned punts in the Super Bowl. On Super Sunday I turned to me brother before the game and told him, "If the Pats win, the MVP should go to Troy Brown no matter what impact he has on this game." I believe he inspired that team last season. Everyone talks about their rag tag secondary, he played well and that secondary played well enough to win the Super Bowl. You don't think any CB stepped up his game because Troy Brown playing corner? He had a bigger impact on that team than anyone outside of Tom Brady.

This whole situation is horrible. He's been with that team for over a decade. He put hisself on the line. They didn't want to him 5 million next season, so they kicked him out. This is just another reason I think there should be some veteran exception for the salary cap. Sometimes this league just disgusts me.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote