Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Assuming Williams goes #1, what are you doing at #2
Daniels 27 52.94%
Maye 11 21.57%
Trade down 10 19.61%
Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2024, 11:30 AM   #1471
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,742
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

It sounds like Jayden was disappointed he was not the only one being interviewed that day. Period. Sounds like nothing to me.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2024, 11:42 AM   #1472
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 56
Posts: 21,198
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I keep seeing these trade downs that absolutely rob the Redskins. The worst yet from (I forget which publication) had the Skins trading the 2d (2600pt value) to the Vikes for pick 11, 23 and next years 1st (2490pts) and then trading up to #3 (2200pts) for 11, 23, 40 and next years 3rd (2602pts).



We lose out on a low 3rd rounder equivalent in the first deal then turn right around and give up a mid 2d value to get to pick #3. It would be like offering the Pats #2, and #40 to get #3.
the point chart is a guide and it's highly outdated with the changes in the CBA, I think what's important on trades, if they happen, is that we come with out with the players we need/want at favorable pick compared to where they are projected to go.

For example, if we get one of the top three offensive tackles at pick 14 and the point values in our favor we still end up with a starter that has more value to our team than the point chart says pick 14 has.

This assumes that our drafting team knows what they're doing and I'm trusting that they do this year

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:13 PM   #1473
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 46
Posts: 709
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I keep seeing these trade downs that absolutely rob the Redskins. The worst yet from (I forget which publication) had the Skins trading the 2d (2600pt value) to the Vikes for pick 11, 23 and next years 1st (2490pts) and then trading up to #3 (2200pts) for 11, 23, 40 and next years 3rd (2602pts).

We lose out on a low 3rd rounder equivalent in the first deal then turn right around and give up a mid 2d value to get to pick #3. It would be like offering the Pats #2, and #40 to get #3.
Iíve heard Vikings fans floating the idea of 4 #1s.
2024 #11 and #23
2025 first round pick
2026 first round pick
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:12 PM   #1474
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,517
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
the point chart is a guide and it's highly outdated with the changes in the CBA, I think what's important on trades, if they happen, is that we come with out with the players we need/want at favorable pick compared to where they are projected to go.

For example, if we get one of the top three offensive tackles at pick 14 and the point values in our favor we still end up with a starter that has more value to our team than the point chart says pick 14 has.

This assumes that our drafting team knows what they're doing and I'm trusting that they do this year

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Well in the example I posted we'd get Maye this year, lose our 40th overall pick and a 3rd next year but would have the Vikes first next year. (The 40th pick is more valuable than the Vikes 1st next year (Yes it is possible the Vikes tank into a top 5 pick but unless that happens we lose and to add insult to injury next years class is supposed to be one of the weakest in years). No way under any trade scenario would that be to the Redskins benefit. Better to pick Maye, trade our 40th to team next year for their first and keep our 3rd.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:19 PM   #1475
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,517
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
Iíve heard Vikings fans floating the idea of 4 #1s.
2024 #11 and #23
2025 first round pick
2026 first round pick

That is about equal value.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:21 PM   #1476
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,061
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Dont trade down for anything. Get all the negative energy of the last 30 years out of your heads take Jayden Daniels, and become a contender for the foreseeable future while Peters and co continue to make us a more solid team and staff around him. I am so pumped for day two and three of the draft though. Imo day one is in the books.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 03:48 PM   #1477
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,517
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dont trade down for anything. Get all the negative energy of the last 30 years out of your heads take Jayden Daniels, and become a contender for the foreseeable future while Peters and co continue to make us a more solid team and staff around him. I am so pumped for day two and three of the draft though. Imo day one is in the books.
Nah Day one isn't in the books we are going to trade up for an OT.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:40 PM   #1478
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,143
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Peters on 4 QBs in at same time: "What's cool is we got to see them all together in a group setting. They all got a lot of time individually with coaches & with us. They were staggered coming in, too. It was a great blend of that & working everyone together in a fun environment."
Are all four of them going to be on the team? Cause if they are then cool. We're set at QB for a while. ..lol. But if not then what's the point? Are they trying to see which one talks more than the others? I don't give a crap about all this stuff. Who can beat the defense on 3rd and 9 is all I care about. Who does that the best? All this other stuff is such overkill.

If you don't know who your guy is at this point then this would concern me a bit. You have had all this time to evaluate these guys. You should already have them slotted by this point.

I'm still on a wait and see approach w/ Peters and Quinn. As we all should be.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:42 PM   #1479
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,143
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
👆🏻Schefter says Jayden Daniels doesnít want to come to DC in above article.
Trade down for a kingís ransom??
As tired as I am of all this draft talk, I'm more tired of Schefter. He seems like a gossipy lil' dude.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:35 PM   #1480
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,313
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Peters doesn't owe anyone in the Press any explanation of why the Commanders conducted their Top 30 visits the way they chose to do them. Above all else, reporters need stories every day - even if they must create them. That is what we have here.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:37 PM   #1481
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,226
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Are all four of them going to be on the team? Cause if they are then cool. We're set at QB for a while. ..lol. But if not then what's the point? Are they trying to see which one talks more than the others? I don't give a crap about all this stuff. Who can beat the defense on 3rd and 9 is all I care about. Who does that the best? All this other stuff is such overkill.

If you don't know who your guy is at this point then this would concern me a bit. You have had all this time to evaluate these guys. You should already have them slotted by this point.

I'm still on a wait and see approach w/ Peters and Quinn. As we all should be.
When interviewing candidates it can be good to have them all in the same room before the interviews. You can get a feel for their personality and its dynamic in a competitive environment. This is the top position in the game, arguably any team game. by observing them in an environment that might be difficult for them, you get a feel for their psychology, mentality, leadership ability etc. They're all alpha's (or better be), but you can only choose one of them. You certainly don't pick the one uncomfortable, insecure etc. You won't find your franchise QB in a guy with a fragile ego.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 06:54 PM   #1482
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,061
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Nah Day one isn't in the books we are going to trade up for an OT.

No way.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 06:55 PM   #1483
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,061
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Peters doesn't owe anyone in the Press any explanation of why the Commanders conducted their Top 30 visits the way they chose to do them. Above all else, reporters need stories every day - even if they must create them. That is what we have here.

Articles in New England now basically saying ďDaniels wonít play for the Commanders ď. Lol. Ok.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:44 PM   #1484
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,143
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
When interviewing candidates it can be good to have them all in the same room before the interviews. You can get a feel for their personality and its dynamic in a competitive environment. This is the top position in the game, arguably any team game. by observing them in an environment that might be difficult for them, you get a feel for their psychology, mentality, leadership ability etc. They're all alpha's (or better be), but you can only choose one of them. You certainly don't pick the one uncomfortable, insecure etc. You won't find your franchise QB in a guy with a fragile ego.
All true. But if Maye is more of an alpha than Daniels but Daniels is the better player, or vice versa, then it's moot point.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:16 PM   #1485
simbosargos75
Special Teams
 
simbosargos75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 263
Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It does seem that many evaluators think Maye has the higher ceiling. If that is actually the case, then I hope he's the pick.

I'm not going to allow myself to be mad at the selection though, whoever it turns out to be.

Same. If they want Daniels they know what they're doing until they prove otherwise
__________________
--Hail to the Redskins

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15610 seconds with 11 queries