Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

If Peyton were traded....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
skinster
Impact Rookie

If Peyton were traded....

From my perspective, the race for luck looks like a brawl between maimi and indy. Lets say hypothetically, indy gets luck, and looks to shop manning. What do you think the colts could get for him in return? He is peyton manning after all, but then again by the superbowl of next year he'll have 36 years, 11 months (I'm going to round up to 37), he'll be coming off a year of not playing, coming into a new system, and coming out of his third neck surgery. I don't think the price tag is really going to be that large. I'd say just a first rounder and maybe one other pick (3rd at the highest...unless its a high 1st rounder). I think the only teams that would make this trade would have to have management with a history of agressive moves, and a management that thinks peyton gives them good odds at winning a superbowl that year, and the next year. I'd say that leaves the seahawks, the redskins, the jets, and the ravens are the only candidates. My/your opinion on if peyton gives these teams good odds for a sb is irrelevant, its if they believe it. I'd say the jets, the ravens, and the redskins are the 3 biggest possibilities. All solid defenses with something missing in the offense. I don't think I have to argue how dramatically peyton manning impacts the offense of his team. For the skins its a matter of if we think peyton still has it, and how long shanny plans on sticking around to coach the skins. If he planning on being here for 10 years or so, I say he doesn't do it. For the ravens/jets its obvious what the conditions are. Its if they think peyton still has it, and if they want to sign their respective qbs to long term deals. If the ravens/jets make it, it would probably be a 3 way trade with their qb getting dealt to a 3rd party.

Hypothetically, if the colts decide to "eli manning" luck, I think they would get a ton. Probably that years draft class and two more first rounders. Jay cutler got two first and a third. A younger, more highly touted, better perceived, more marketable, less expensive option would get significantly more.

For the record, I think the colts would be crazy not to draft keep luck and deal manning. This is business, to sacrifice 10 years of contending for 2 is insane.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Re: If Peyton were traded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
From my perspective, the race for luck looks like a brawl between maimi and indy. Lets say hypothetically, indy gets luck, and looks to shop manning. What do you think the colts could get for him in return? He is peyton manning after all, but then again by the superbowl of next year he'll have 36 years, 11 months (I'm going to round up to 37), he'll be coming off a year of not playing, coming into a new system, and coming out of his third neck surgery. I don't think the price tag is really going to be that large. I'd say just a first rounder and maybe one other pick (3rd at the highest...unless its a high 1st rounder). I think the only teams that would make this trade would have to have management with a history of agressive moves, and a management that thinks peyton gives them good odds at winning a superbowl that year, and the next year. I'd say that leaves the seahawks, the redskins, the jets, and the ravens are the only candidates. My/your opinion on if peyton gives these teams good odds for a sb is irrelevant, its if they believe it. I'd say the jets, the ravens, and the redskins are the 3 biggest possibilities. All solid defenses with something missing in the offense. I don't think I have to argue how dramatically peyton manning impacts the offense of his team. For the skins its a matter of if we think peyton still has it, and how long shanny plans on sticking around to coach the skins. If he planning on being here for 10 years or so, I say he doesn't do it. For the ravens/jets its obvious what the conditions are. Its if they think peyton still has it, and if they want to sign their respective qbs to long term deals. If the ravens/jets make it, it would probably be a 3 way trade with their qb getting dealt to a 3rd party.

Hypothetically, if the colts decide to "eli manning" luck, I think they would get a ton. Probably that years draft class and two more first rounders. Jay cutler got two first and a third. A younger, more highly touted, better perceived, more marketable, less expensive option would get significantly more.

For the record, I think the colts would be crazy not to draft keep luck and deal manning. This is business, to sacrifice 10 years of contending for 2 is insane.

This.
All the rest of your speculation is pure insanity in terms of what is best for the Redskins, with all due respect.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

He would get clobbered here.. and no way would Kyle give his QB that much freedom
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
[/B]
This.
All the rest of your speculation is pure insanity in terms of what is best for the Redskins, with all due respect.
Lol, I never said I thought the redskins should do it. I'm more looking at this from the colts perspective, as in what teams are most likely to do it, and what the price tag would be. I think the redskins are a candidate to be in the mix. Shannahan isn't young, and probably won't be coaching forever, he wants another ring. He also has a history of making big trades. Our defense is good, and Manning would be our offense. Any team he is on has a good offense, IF he is able to play like the Peyton Manning we know. Kyle would change his offense for manning, nobody is stupid enough to not utilize a HOF qb.

But for the record, as a redskins fan, I would not want this trade to be made. No matter what team I'm a fan of, I probably would not want this trade to be made, but the fact of the matter is one team will, and I still think we are a candidate to pull the trigger on this.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Bucket
Playmaker

We already have our Manning.. John Beck has arose from the ashes like a phoenix. He will lead the Redskins to great things. It's in his prophecy

Beck to the Future!

Last edited by Bucket; 10-22-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Why would the Ravens, even the Jets, be interested? They seem pretty set at QB.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

If all things were equal and this scenario occurred a year ago, acquiring Manning would be tempting. But given that the draft is loaded with QB talent, this scenario is less inviting unless you are a team which missed out on draft day.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
We already have our Manning.. John Beck has arose from the ashes like a phoenix. He will lead the Redskins to great things. It's in his prophecy

Beck to the Future!

I want one!
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Yea stupid idea. If they can keep both. With the rookie wage scale isn't it possible to keep both?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Pretty much zero chance the Redskins, Jets or Ravens a trade for Peyton Manning next year, especially for a first and third rounder. Seahawks - doubt it. I think someone already said it, too much QB talent coming out of the draft. Peyton probably stays where he is, whether or not they take Luck.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why would the Ravens, even the Jets, be interested? They seem pretty set at QB.
I disagree, but what I think is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what the jets and ravens think. This is a make or break year for both qbs in their evaluation process. If the ravens/jets aren't comfortable giving a big deal to either qb, it might be a good idea to trade for manning, and trade their qb while they still can.

Everyone seems very against the teams I picked. Who would you guys think would pull the trigger on this trade? I highly doubt any team that doesn't believe it has the right personel to go to the sb with peyton, any team that has a future qb on their roster, or any team who doesn't have a "do what we can to win now" attitude would make this trade. If you disagree, who would you have there?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
Yea stupid idea. If they can keep both. With the rookie wage scale isn't it possible to keep both?
The colts clearly suck now and need to rebuild. I'd prefer to get value for him while I can. The only benefit for the colts of keeping peyton around is for him to teach Luck how to play. But I doubt Peyton would take too kindly to having Luck over his shoulder. I just can't see them both being there. With all do respect to Favre, Manning has played much better and much more consistent in their age. I can see a Cutler type situation unfolding if they keep Manning and draft Luck. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I just don't see them both being on the roster.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This would actually more possible if the thread was about Peyton Hillis

But it's not, so here's what will happen...Colts will get the first pick and draft Andrew Luck and trade Peyton Manning to the Dolphins for the second overall pick where they'll draft Landry Jones. There you have it Luck and Jones on the Colts 2012. Boom!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

We should call this the fantasy thread.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Screw this old man talk.
Lets draft a 10 year Redskin QB.