Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #1456
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree that would be a nightmare scenario for us, but its not necessarily in Trent's interest to do so. As far as we know, the Browns are the only team interested in trents services now, and we don't really know what they've offered. Unless Trent is DYING to play for the Browns, it might be in his long-term best interest to sit out the entire year.

Then, the team could give his agent permission to talk to other teams in the offseason - 32 teams vs. just the browns. this would create more of a market and ability for trent to work out the framework for a potential extension prior to the trade.
Totally makes sense... my only fear is that with how poorly this situation has been handled, with BA being such a stubborn sob and with Trent obviously being real mad with the team, common sense may have jumped outside the window a while ago.

Now hopefully Trent's agent is having the same reasoning as you're.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #1457
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

He might come in and play hurt and draw his check. Therefore the skins lose out again in that he would be back and draw his check, get another year of service and cost the skins salary cap, but not actually play.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #1458
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

When is the trade deadline? I dont understand the skins logic here but what the fuck ever.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #1459
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

I believe it is Oct. 29 at 4:00 (Trade Deadline)
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 PM   #1460
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
I believe it is Oct. 29 at 4:00 (Trade Deadline)
well lets hope they make something happen
Old 10-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #1461
Warthog
The Starter

TW is not coming back and has said so repeatedly. I see zero chance he comes back in week 10 or the next preseason.

Someone said only the Browns were interested in TW. WRONG! The Texans sold the farm to get a OT from Miami who hasn’t done anything this season. Any team in the playoff hunt who has OL Problems would be VERY interested NOW in the best OT in the NFL. We can get a first round draft pick and maybe more if they would just offer him up. BA should also be offering a bunch of players who won’t be here next year:

TW
Kerrigan
Moses
Norman
Scherff
Richardson
McCoy
Keenum

We can still rescue this terrible year by getting rid of the dead wood for draft picks. Will we do it? Nope. Why not? Because BA and Snyder are incompetent and have no real plan for the future, except “win NOW”. The Dolphins May be bad, but at least they have the draft picks to rebuild next year. The Redskins are bad AND they have no plan to get better. Snyder is like a deer in the headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #1462
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
TW is not coming back and has said so repeatedly. I see zero chance he comes back in week 10 or the next preseason.

Someone said only the Browns were interested in TW. WRONG! The Texans sold the farm to get a OT from Miami who hasn’t done anything this season. Any team in the playoff hunt who has OL Problems would be VERY interested NOW in the best OT in the NFL. We can get a first round draft pick and maybe more if they would just offer him up. BA should also be offering a bunch of players who won’t be here next year:

TW
Kerrigan
Moses
Norman
Scherff
Richardson
McCoy
Keenum

We can still rescue this terrible year by getting rid of the dead wood for draft picks. Will we do it? Nope. Why not? Because BA and Snyder are incompetent and have no real plan for the future, except “win NOW”. The Dolphins May be bad, but at least they have the draft picks to rebuild next year. The Redskins are bad AND they have no plan to get better. Snyder is like a deer in the headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting rid of Scherff would be dumb, he’s not exactly having an elite year, I blame fucking Moses for being a POS and Scherff trying to bail him out.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #1463
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
TW
Kerrigan
Moses
Norman
Scherff
Richardson
McCoy
Keenum
I'd keep Scherff, and we may have a chance to retain him. I'd unload the others.

Quote:
We can still rescue this terrible year by getting rid of the dead wood for draft picks. Will we do it? Nope. Why not? Because BA and Snyder are incompetent and have no real plan for the future, except “win NOW”
Exactly!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #1464
httr198020
Special Teams

Wow. What a difference a few months make. I told all of you would should have traded Trent William's in the off season. Now yall begging to trade him. To bad that moron Bruce Allen not listening to us or any potential trade partner.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #1465
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Wow. What a difference a few months make. I told all of you would should have traded Trent William's in the off season. Now yall begging to trade him. To bad that moron Bruce Allen not listening to us or any potential trade partner.
The people who wanted to trade him when he was first holding out were definitely in the minority, especially those that said he was paid plenty for his age and games missed. Things have changed.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #1466
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The people who wanted to trade him when he was first holding out were definitely in the minority, especially those that said he was paid plenty for his age and games missed. Things have changed.

I said since day one of the news that he would never put on a Skins uniform again and was told by people i will not mention that I believe every thing i read and some other bullshit. When that man says he will never play for us again he means it. Silly if u thought otherwise.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #1467
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I said since day one of the news that he would never put on a Skins uniform again and was told by people i will not mention that I believe every thing i read and some other bullshit. When that man says he will never play for us again he means it. Silly if u thought otherwise.
Is this mean LaCanfora has credibility?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #1468
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Getting rid of Scherff would be dumb, he’s not exactly having an elite year, I blame fucking Moses for being a POS and Scherff trying to bail him out.
Why would Scherff want to resign with the Redskins? NE has 7 picks in the first 3 rounds...... I would be happy if they could get 2 early picks from NE
Old 10-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #1469
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Why would Scherff want to resign with the Redskins? NE has 7 picks in the first 3 rounds...... I would be happy if they could get 2 early picks from NE
They just continue to outsmart everybody. They also have the best QB ever that will work for 50 cents on the dollar. I thought they all would have aged out by now, but they are still on top.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #1470
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
$$$$ and will probably get franchised, how do you know he won’t?

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread