Just a guy 36 49.32%
Pineapple Jesus 2.0 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #16
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Who is Kirk Cousins?

He's our best QB until we can get a better one. That's all you need to know.

You can bet McCloughan will try to draft a better one if he gets the chance in the upcoming draft.

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #17
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

You can bet McCloughan will try to draft a better one if he gets the chance in the upcoming draft.
winner!, winner! Chicken dinner!

We do people have such a hard fawking time understanding this?
Old 10-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If we are going to be fair in the evaluation, then perhaps KC needs given the same amount of time as "others" (Campbell, RG3) despite wins and losses. I'm saying at least two full seasons as starter. Joe Theismann said yesterday that he thinks one of the problems with the skins is the fact that we change QB's so often. He thinks they should ride it out with KC to see if he can be the answer long term. Jason Campbell was never benched in almost 4 seasons and the dude played BAD at times....RG3 was stinking it up last year and earlier this year before the "concussion". I'm just saying they should be fair

Well, he's a free agent after this year. So they can't give him 2 years before making a decision on him.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Campbell and Griffin were 1st round picks with elite physical skills so they obviously were going to be given time. Fair or not KC doesn't have that option.

Where is the guy that threw for 400+ last year? Or 12 Clev? Or Atl in 2013? I want to see that guy who was throwing and making decisions with authority. We've seen him play at a high level but the spurts of poor play always seem to creep up.

Just not sure KC is a 16 game starter. He needs more time and all his weapons. But maybe he's just better in the backup roll vs. the pressure of being a 16 game starter. I'm 50/50 on it.

Whatever KC is I just want Gruden to not fold under the pressure of the media/fans and bench him. Playing McCoy is a complete total waste of time. I'd rather risk the 16 mil and play Griffin if KC is benched.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #20
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Ever since Kirk Cousins three game audition at the end of the 2013 when Mike Shanahan shut RG3 down, he has played mostly below average. As we know Cousins played in a string of games last season after RG3 hurt his ankle. But too many interceptions got him benched. After being named the starter to the 2015 season Cousins has been very sub par... is Cousins a developmental quarterback who will one day mature from his turnover issues...or is this who he is and will never get better?
I only know Kirk's skill set and his previous production levels.
I don't know what he is or what he'll become.

Right now he is the preferred starting QB for a HC whose judgement is rightfully being called into question.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

There's no way I'd put Griffin back on the field. Ride it out with Kirk.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #22
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
If we are going to be fair in the evaluation, then perhaps KC needs given the same amount of time as "others" (Campbell, RG3) despite wins and losses. I'm saying at least two full seasons as starter. Joe Theismann said yesterday that he thinks one of the problems with the skins is the fact that we change QB's so often. He thinks they should ride it out with KC to see if he can be the answer long term. Jason Campbell was never benched in almost 4 seasons and the dude played BAD at times....RG3 was stinking it up last year and earlier this year before the "concussion". I'm just saying they should be fair
With all due respect, in light of his age and experience - both off the bench and in limited starting opportunities from previous years:

No.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #23
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

With all due respect, in light of his age and experience - both off the bench and in limited starting opportunities from previous years:

Yes.

[Although, many more multiple pick games and I am less sold on the "our best QB" issue. Multiple consecutive INT free games from Colt, even if the ball never travels more than 20 yards in the air, makes for a better QB than Cousins.]
Old 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #24
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Interesting word choice 'fair'.

You are saying Kirk needs to be given the same amount of time as other QBs and you cite Campbell and Griffin. If we are being 'fair' then the comparison should be apples to apples.

If you look at the time since Jay has been HC:

Griffin--9 games--7 starts--68.7 comp%--1,694 yds--7.9 YPA--4 TDs--6 INTs--33 sacks--227 rush yards--89 passer rating--9 fumbles

Kirk--12 games--11 starts--64 comp%--3,130 yds--7.3 YPA--16 TDs--17 INTs--15 sacks--22 rush yards--81.9 passer rating--4 fumbles

Griffin was benched after only 5 games in 2014 his stat line at the time was:

Griffin--5 games--5 starts--67.8 comp%--869 yds--8.2 YPA--2 TDs--3 INTs--20 sacks--100 rush yards--88.6 passer rating--4 fumbles

That's all it took for a 1st time HC to stop developing the uber talented and (at the time) potential franchise QB he inherited. 5 games.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #25
WRSK1NS
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Interesting word choice 'fair'.

You are saying Kirk needs to be given the same amount of time as other QBs and you cite Campbell and Griffin. If we are being 'fair' then the comparison should be apples to apples.

If you look at the time since Jay has been HC:

Griffin--9 games--7 starts--68.7 comp%--1,694 yds--7.9 YPA--4 TDs--6 INTs--33 sacks--227 rush yards--89 passer rating--9 fumbles

Kirk--12 games--11 starts--64 comp%--3,130 yds--7.3 YPA--16 TDs--17 INTs--15 sacks--22 rush yards--81.9 passer rating--4 fumbles

Griffin was benched after only 5 games in 2014 his stat line at the time was:

Griffin--5 games--5 starts--67.8 comp%--869 yds--8.2 YPA--2 TDs--3 INTs--20 sacks--100 rush yards--88.6 passer rating--4 fumbles
That's all it took for a 1st time HC to stop developing the uber talented and (at the time) potential franchise QB he inherited. 5 games.
You forgot to add and "Two more injuries"
Philippians 4:13
Old 10-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #26
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Kirk Cousins is a 27 year old, 4th year pro who throws more INT's than TD's.

Really not that complicated.
He is also awful on the road.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #27
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Cousins has been given time. He isn't a rookie. He is who he is and he has regressed this year. He isn't putting good games together rather he is using a good game in between his spurts of bad gameS.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Cousins has been given time. He isn't a rookie. He is who he is and he has regressed this year. He isn't putting good games together rather he is using a good game in between his spurts of bad gameS.
Exactly, his last 2 games have been as bad as Rex would have.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #29
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
. I'd rather risk the 16 mil and play Griffin if KC is benched.

So glad you aren't our GM.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

So glad you aren't our GM.
If I were the GM I NEVER would have given him the 16 million for 2016 in the first place. Pull the thread up. I was very against it.

You also have the understand that this is the fan in me talking. If I were SM there is no way in hell I would let him see the field.
Closed Thread