Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

No indictment in the mike brown case

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #76
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

the baltimore lighting festival of baltimore's washington monument was on tv last night and we were watching and my lady and i started talking about garner, brown etc and all the race crap she has been reading online and even from her own friends telling her to "not pull the race card" etc ..

she told me last week she and my daughter were waiting to cross the street. we live right in downtown baltimore, not alabama or iowa.

she sd this woman walked by her and said "did my money pay for that purse or did yours?". she was carrying a large coach purse i got her for christmas 3 years ago. a guy joined the lady and he sd something about taxes and welfare. my lady stood in disbelief and didnt say anything.

i dont understand this push from neo-conservatives and tea party people thinking there is an actual race war going on in america and how they need to take up arms against "the war against christmas" or "the war against traditional marriage" .....

why would a complete strange feel like they could talk down unsolicited to a 35 year mother doing nothing but dressed respectable and waiting to cross the street with the cutest 2 year old genetics could make?

in 2014 in the holiday season in baltimore city . .. . wtf.

edit -

read these unprovoked racist comments from tea party and neo-cons re a basketball game .... and they wonder why most of america thinks theyre racist lol ... i actually agree w glenn beck on many points but man, conservatives are mostly racist driven policies imo

College Basketball Player Won’t Win Any Sportsmanship Trophies After This Last-Second Stunt | Video | TheBlaze.com

Last edited by over the mountain; 12-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #77
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So you agree a national problem? How a police chief killing an unarmed man: White Ex-Cop Charged in Killing of Black Man in SC - ABC News

Or how about a police officer shooting a killing a 12 year old with a bb gun. Now we learn this cop had maturity issues doing his job and had a problem handling stress: Cop who shot Tamir Rice called 'distracted and weepy' - CNN.com

Think to yourself if this was your son or grandson...what would your reaction be? Now think, this isnt a problem in other places...this is a "Main Street" issue meaning you better look in your own community who holds a badge and a gun. Its your tax money paying for it
Im all for police being treated the same as " civilians " when it comes to being charged , tried and convicted . Nobody wants the police to act as Judge /Jury /Exec' . As far as shooting an unarmed civilian ,that depends on the situation ,as it should for us . Unarmed man breaks into a woman's home @ 2am .... she has a right to defend herself , even using deadly force . As far as the 13 yr old .... very sad and tragic . What were his parents doing .... they let him run around with a BBG that looks real ???
Of course any of us would be hurt / upset with the death of a family member shot by police . However , the problem starts with " us ". If " we " have this attitude that we can commit certain crimes and can't be arrested , beat ( by home/bus owner or cop ) , or maybe even shot , that is the cause /problem in most cases of police shootings . I have yet to hear one report of a cop just shooting someone without either responding to a call or being in a scuffle . Again ,it is sad and tragic when someone loses life .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Im all for police being treated the same as " civilians " when it comes to being charged , tried and convicted . Nobody wants the police to act as Judge /Jury /Exec' . As far as shooting an unarmed civilian ,that depends on the situation ,as it should for us . Unarmed man breaks into a woman's home @ 2am .... she has a right to defend herself , even using deadly force . As far as the 13 yr old .... very sad and tragic . What were his parents doing .... they let him run around with a BBG that looks real ???
Of course any of us would be hurt / upset with the death of a family member shot by police . However , the problem starts with " us ". If " we " have this attitude that we can commit certain crimes and can't be arrested , beat ( by home/bus owner or cop ) , or maybe even shot , that is the cause /problem in most cases of police shootings . I have yet to hear one report of a cop just shooting someone without either responding to a call or being in a scuffle . Again ,it is sad and tragic when someone loses life .
Video released of police fatally shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice - LA Times

The caller who reported the child with the "gun" said to the dispatcher "the gun was probably a fake"

So on the video just watch the last 30 seconds to see how the police investigated to see if the gun was a fake.

I dont know about you, i had a bb gun when i was 12 which looked just like a .22 rifle. I dont see the difference. Its a known fact bb guns mimic real guns.

Maybe you would be in favor of gun legislation that read bb guns should not mimic real guns. Maybe make them all in the color of pink? I think i would be down with that. Might change the perception of having a gun is cool if they are all pink?

I dont want to impede a policeman job, but I want to (like the Skins) change the culture within some departments which may allow certain things. I think a good start would be requirement for the Cops to wear cameras to protect them and for training.

But your bottomline is correct, anytime someone loses their life, whether its a policeman in the line of fire, criminal, or the innocent...its tragic.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #79
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Video released of police fatally shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice - LA Times

The caller who reported the child with the "gun" said to the dispatcher "the gun was probably a fake"

So on the video just watch the last 30 seconds to see how the police investigated to see if the gun was a fake.

I dont know about you, i had a bb gun when i was 12 which looked just like a .22 rifle. I dont see the difference. Its a known fact bb guns mimic real guns.

Maybe you would be in favor of gun legislation that read bb guns should not mimic real guns. Maybe make them all in the color of pink? I think i would be down with that. Might change the perception of having a gun is cool if they are all pink?

I dont want to impede a policeman job, but I want to (like the Skins) change the culture within some departments which may allow certain things. I think a good start would be requirement for the Cops to wear cameras to protect them and for training.

But your bottomline is correct, anytime someone loses their life, whether its a policeman in the line of fire, criminal, or the innocent...its tragic.
As far as the 12/13 yr old .... as I said ... vary sad , tragic and should not have happened . I did not watch the entire video , I don't want to see that. I agree that some dept's need a culture change , better police chief's , supervisors and personnel in IA . I do believe that Parenting ,maybe our schools need to do a better job of teaching kids discipline and respecting of authority ( not ass kissing ) ,would go along way in minimizing incident's with law enforcement . Have a good weekend .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #80
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
So if we don't do exactly what authority figures say... we deserve to die.

I agree he should have listened. But not listening does not mean he deserved to be killed.
wow , you might want to re-read what I wrote .
Old 12-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Think to yourself if this was your son or grandson...what would your reaction be? Now think, this isnt a problem in other places...this is a "Main Street" issue meaning you better look in your own community who holds a badge and a gun. Its your tax money paying for it

I do and it was way before these two incidents. My grandson is big into the nerf guns and he modifies them ...and is very good at it,they are not to leave his own property !I ,his mother his father everyone has told him if a policeman talks to you always yes sir ,no sir ...DO NOT RUN ,DO NOT FIGHT ,DO NOT ARGUE !
Old 12-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #82
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Charles Barkley responds to Kenny Smith’s open letter on Ferguson | For The Win

Interesting from Charles......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post

...............he has very valid points .
Old 12-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #84
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So I'll ask the question since people just want to burn everything down,are people of color ....above the law ,you own a gas station in town and "the people burn it down" ...is that ok ?
People of color are not above the law. No one is saying that Brown or Garner were being saints or that they are innocent of what they were doing.

However, the trend in this country is that in similar situations if Brown and Garner are white, they'd likely be in jail right now, but alive.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #85
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People of color are not above the law. No one is saying that Brown or Garner were being saints or that they are innocent of what they were doing.

However, the trend in this country is that in similar situations if Brown and Garner are white, they'd likely be in jail right now, but alive.
OK, who knows if Brown did all this, but lets look at this example:

Are you saying that if a big white guy walking down the street gets into an argument with a cop in his car, reaches in, punches the cop, struggles for the gun, shot fired, big white guy runs off a ways, then says "you're too big a p***y to shoot me" to the cop, and runs back at him, the big white guy would likely just be in jail instead of dead now?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #86
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

......actually that is exactly what the black community is saying and how they are being treated (remembered) .
Old 12-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
OK, who knows if Brown did all this, but lets look at this example:

Are you saying that if a big white guy walking down the street gets into an argument with a cop in his car, reaches in, punches the cop, struggles for the gun, shot fired, big white guy runs off a ways, then says "you're too big a p***y to shoot me" to the cop, and runs back at him, the big white guy would likely just be in jail instead of dead now?
*sigh*

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #88
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
My official stance on Mike Brown

The Ferguson police department is on par with racist, corrupt deparments in the deep south of the 50s and 60s. They have a history of harrassment, racial profiling, racism and overt aggression towards minorities.

The prosecutor is biased with a history of not prosecuting any wrong doings of the police department and looking the other way letting the police department do what they want. He's an enabler and most likely a racist as well.

Most certainly Fergonson should have been a special prosecutor brought in for Browns case. This was the pivotal mistake. The Attorny General for the state should be ashamed.

Michael Brown did attack the police officer imo. Was the level of violence he recieved for that attack justified? God only knows, my guess with 10 shots fired, probably not. I think multiple witnesses lied about the hands up dont shoot.

Because of the history of racism and corruptness within the Fergeson PD, I cant believe the officer's story. He does have a history before Browns with multiple problems of harrassment and aggression with the community.

I dont think this was properly vetted and he should at least had an indictment brought against him.

With the NY incident, thats just murder point blank. A cop murdered someone on the streets of New York with his hands. The medical examiner agrees and marked homicide with a cause of death. Look at the video. The cop is way over aggressive and choked him to death. There can be no arguement the other way.
The manner of death listed on a death certificate if a weapon is used by another human being is homicide. Hands are considered a weapon. If a guy dies in a shootout with cops it will be listed as homicide. A person who is executed will have homicide listed on the death certificate. "Killed in self defense" "Justifiable homicide" are not options that can be listed on a death certificate. Your options are natural causes,accidental, suicide, or homicide, pick one.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #89
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
*sigh*
Yep. Seems kinda ridiculous to say "If he were white, he'd be alive", if Brown did that kind of crap. Like he did when he shoplifted at the store, right before the shooting incident.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #90
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ferguson prosecutor: Some witnesses lied, including woman who didn’t see shooting

Some shady shit. I think the Feds need to roll in there and take over this investigation. Definitely think the prosecutor needs to be investigated as well in this case. Can't believe they allowed that kind of shit to serve as a witness. She should be prosecuted for perjury at the very least. Fuck that cunt.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote