Super Bowl Week

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-15-2022, 10:55 AM   #106
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Kroenke is a greedy bastard but he also earned a super bowl trophy.
They went all in this year and it worked out.
All owners are greedy bastards for the most part.

I mean let's look at Snyder, he could walk away with $4.5 billion dollars from selling the team and that will not be enough for him.

Also, look at the financial structure of the NFL and how much the owners have the financial power over players in terms of shared revenue (although at lot of that is the NFLPA being inept as a bargaining unit).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #107
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
All owners are greedy bastards for the most part.

hI mean let's look at Snyder, he could walk away with $4.5 billion dollars from selling the team and that will not be enough forim.

Also, look at the financial structure of the NFL and how much the owners have the financial power over players in terms of shared revenue (although at lot of that is the NFLPA being inept as a bargaining unit).
super rich people like having things others can't have its more then just money when it comes to owning a nfl team you are part of a very small elite group.

he wants the power not the money.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:03 AM   #108
MTK
\m/

Ego and the little man complex. What's a bigger flex for a little man like Snyder than being 1 of 32 NFL franchise owners? He's got to protect his ability to rub elbows with Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #109
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Saw an exchange about wether or not the ball was catchable on the last play of the game, it wasn't, bounces of the ground way before it's in Perine's reach ;-)

Chase had Ramsey beaten for a TD though...
OK, it was a fraction more than a foot

That last play exemplified where I felt the Bengals struggled. Seems to me, you have to get that yard so anything and everything should be focussed on that 1 yard with the possibility of 1 deep option. Chase does his job by not only getting open deep but pulling coverage away from the flat. Burrow should have had that as 1st read if only to keep coverage deep with his eyes. I haven't found a good replay to identify the routes on the far side, but he looks left for a 2 count and never looks to Chase. He only looks at Perine when he's in the grasp and it's too late (and Perine is only 'open' after the play breaks down). Everyone else is covered tight, and arguably in a couple of cases not really working extra hard to get open (and quickly). If it was me, I'd have run that play on 3rd down with Mixon in the backfield to tease run, then run the ball on 4th when they expect pass.
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:18 AM   #110
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The Rams made it a point to involve their best player(s) down the stretch in the most important game of the year; the Bengals did not.

That was what decided the game in my opinion.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:39 PM   #111
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The Rams made it a point to involve their best player(s) down the stretch in the most important game of the year; the Bengals did not.

That was what decided the game in my opinion.
Good point. IE, that 3rd and 1 Perine run was puzzling.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2022, 09:42 PM   #112
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Good point. IE, that 3rd and 1 Perine run was puzzling.

2 QB sneaks on 3rd and 4th down. Or hand it to Mixon twice. Bengals got too cool there.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:44 PM   #113
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
2 QB sneaks on 3rd and 4th down. Or hand it to Mixon twice. Bengals got too cool there.
Yeah IIRC they couldn't run the ball that much most of the game, but Mixon did have some nice runs on that first TD drive and late in the game.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:17 AM   #114
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Went through the Rams defensive snaps, did some sort of Aaron Donald highlights, he was indeed doubled/tripled (protection slide + TE/RB help) most of the game. I think he had some better games in his monstrous career, but he was still very impactful, I was thinking SB MVP for his freakish bullrush sack + 2 back to back plays to seal the game. Looking at it again maybe that's not a MVP game, what do you guys think ?

12 plays, divided in 5 gifs :

And this little nugget, live I thought going for the 4th and 1 was a bit over agressive by Zac Taylor, and it did set the Rams with great field position for their first TD.
The announcers made a big deal out of #50 being in a lucky spot to make the deflection while covering Perine... but didn't mention Higgins being absolutely wide open in the flat. It's even more obvious on the sideline view, I thought Burrow was a bit stressed at the beginning of the game, and this was a huge missed opportunity:

Old 02-17-2022, 06:22 AM   #115
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It's a tossup Frenchy, Kupp and Donald were both big reasons why the Rams won. Do they win without both of them having the games they played?

For Donald - I think one thing that gets lost in the sauce for d-linemen is they don't get credit when they're not making plays by being double/triple-teamed all game. Doing that takes away resources for the offense which frees your teammates up on 1 on 1's. And despite all that he still managed to make a few clutch plays at the end of the game. He went to the next level when the stakes were highest. You can make an argument he deserved it - but you can make an equal argument for Kupp.

Do the Rams win it if Stafford and Kupp don't take it to the next level on their last drive? Stafford was out of options - he just kept forcing it to Kupp, and Kupp delivered. The Rams needed every one of his catches to win.

In conclusion I have no beef with Kupp winning it - offensive playmakers are always gonna get more "sexy" votes than d-linemen, even if that lineman is a stud and first ballot HOFer. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:39 AM   #116
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Weirdly enough, I think it can be as simple as, "Why the fuck are you running Samaje Perine in short yardage?!" when we all know what result that is going to be. Hell, run a QB sneak and you'll get it. I think if ANY OTHER RB on that team runs the ball on their third and one, they get the first down, end the game.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:03 AM   #117
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Weirdly enough, I think it can be as simple as, "Why the fuck are you running Samaje Perine in short yardage?!" when we all know what result that is going to be. Hell, run a QB sneak and you'll get it. I think if ANY OTHER RB on that team runs the ball on their third and one, they get the first down, end the game.

I think Donald sniffs out absolutely anyone who gets the ball there. Dude was on a mission.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #118
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'd suggest Kupp edged it because he was pretty consistent the whole game, whereas (whether double/triple teamed or not) Donald disappeared at times. Arguably had Stafford played a little better Kupp might have had an even better stat line; Donald was largely responsible for his own performance, whereas Kupp was very dependent on his QB doing the biz. Plus Kupp is O and you know how the voting is skewed towards offensive players.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #119
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Went through the Rams defensive snaps, did some sort of Aaron Donald highlights, he was indeed doubled/tripled (protection slide + TE/RB help) most of the game. I think he had some better games in his monstrous career, but he was still very impactful, I was thinking SB MVP for his freakish bullrush sack + 2 back to back plays to seal the game. Looking at it again maybe that's not a MVP game, what do you guys think ?

12 plays, divided in 5 gifs :[/IMG]
I'd only seen the last play from the sideline angle, and seeing it form behind made it worse. Given it appears Burrows first read was his 2 WR's on the left, Boyd did himself and his QB no favours. he releases straight into the path of the MLB and get tangled with him. Assuming it's a Levels play and he knows the outside receiver is running the drag he should be running a drag also (reading that he can't beat the MLB) or driving to 10y to pull the MLB off the drag. He does neither and head s straight at the MLB. Because he tangles, the MLB has neutralised him AND is set to pounce on the drag, hence Burrow hesitates. Boyd's a 6 year vet. He should do better especially in the biggest game of his career.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:31 PM   #120
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Not sure if another RB gets the 1st down or not, but anyway that was a very puzzling play call for sure...
The 1st down wasn't ending the game though, just prolonging their hopes of tying/winning the game.