Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Leftwich or Ramsey?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Leftwich or Ramsey?

Here's the question, would you rather have Byron Leftwich or Ramsey as your QB? Obviously the Jags thought they were better off with the rook over Brunell, so does our front office honestly consider Leftwich superior to Ramsey? Ramsey has 2 years experience, seems ready for a great season, assuming Bugel gets the wrinkles in the o-line ironed out and has a great character. Leftwich doesn't have the same arm strength and has a pair of creaking knees already. Do the Jags know something we don't? It's not like Brunell is the answer to all of our prayers, QB was not even close to a glaring need except that Gibbs wanted a proven veteran in the line-up.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think it was as much a financial decision as anything else to go with Leftwich over Brunell. The Jags are in a rebuilding mode (though I think they're really going to surprise a lot of people next year, could be the Panthers of 2004), and financially Brunell was more of a burden than that team needed or wanted.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Financial issues aside it seemed like Leftwich beat out Brunell last year, rebuilding mode or not.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Leftwich is great, but I love the heart and dedication PR shows for this team!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I'd go with Ramsey over Leftwich any day. Leftwich is a good QB, but I believe that Ramsey is much more of a proven commodity. I've never seen a player take a beating like he did last year. Leftwich wouldn't have lasted 3 weeks with that punishment. His legs couldn't have taken it.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

I'd take Ramsey myself but I think both are going to be very good QB's in this league for a long time.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Leftwich is great, but I love the heart and dedication PR shows for this team!
I agree with you 100%. Its hard to tell, I mean they both showed some great flashes, despite niether winning many games last year. I really think the Jags are gonna be a dominate team next year though. I honestly think Ramsey has the ability to beat out Brunell this year as well, I just hope he brings it with him to camp. The Jags really had no reason to play Brunell last season, they knew they werent going anywhere, and that Leftiwtch was their franchise qb ( sound fimilar ) haha.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:12 PM   #8
BrunellFan
Special Teams

Its too early to tell with both of them. If Ramsey gets the start this season, he will put up a better rating, while Leftwich will put up more yards, TDs.

Remember, Ramsey's numbers are going to be more conservative in the future because our offense is going to be give it to Portis again again again...
BrunellFan is offline   Reply With Quote