Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Good News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Good News Thread

Lay it on us!

Last edited by punch it in; 12-25-2016 at 08:38 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: The Good News Thread

After open bar last night, I woke up hangover free!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
After open bar last night, I woke up hangover free!
Cheers!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So if this is considered a dupe please 86 it, but this is for good news - anything good that happens to you or that u hear about and feel like sharing. The only other thread i saw that seemed similar was the super happy fun thread. That borders on the silly though. This is strictly for great news! Im gonna kick it off by announcing that today with the help of my hero - my father- i am out of credit card interest hell! Over the last 8 years in this bitch of an economy, me and my wife have amassed a terrible credit card debt. Nothing like stereo systems or fancy clothes or stuff like that. Rescue dogs, children, and food and fuel had put us in major debt. I was making payments and more money was going twards interest than purchases. It sucked. My father basically became my interest free debt consolidation champion tonite. It will be a pleasure to make payments that in essence will be going twards the actual debt and not into the pockets of the damn loan shark credit card companies. I recently started making better money - i work my ass off, but im making good money and i will never let that happen again. Thanks Pops!
Congratulations Annie!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Good News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Congratulations Annie!

Well I dont think Annie had to pay back Daddy Warbucks in 18 months - I still have to pay it back hand over fist for two years, but at least its going twards something other than interest sucking scumbags!

Last edited by punch it in; 03-02-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Credit cards can really get you into trouble. Thankfully my wife and I are at a point in our lives where we don't carry over monthly balances, but back when we were first living together and she was going to school full time we often used our cards for groceries and other living expenses (and sure, more than a few dumb purchases were also made). Credit card debt can spiral out of control really quick.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So if this is considered a dupe please 86 it, but this is for good news - anything good that happens to you or that u hear about and feel like sharing. The only other thread i saw that seemed similar was the super happy fun thread. That borders on the silly though. This is strictly for great news! Im gonna kick it off by announcing that today with the help of my hero - my father- i am out of credit card interest hell! Over the last 8 years in this bitch of an economy, me and my wife have amassed a terrible credit card debt. Nothing like stereo systems or fancy clothes or stuff like that. Rescue dogs, children, and food and fuel had put us in major debt. I was making payments and more money was going twards interest than purchases. It sucked. My father basically became my interest free debt consolidation champion tonite. It will be a pleasure to make payments that in essence will be going twards the actual debt and not into the pockets of the damn loan shark credit card companies. I recently started making better money - i work my ass off, but im making good money and i will never let that happen again. Thanks Pops!

Congratulations !After my wife and I paid off a big card , we got rid of "all "our cards, didn't have one for almost 20 years until the kids started out for college and then we pay off the balance every month .
Old 03-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Congratulations !After my wife and I paid off a big card , we got rid of "all "our cards, didn't have one for almost 20 years until the kids started out for college and then we pay off the balance every month .

Thanks man. Its a huge relief. That is our plan - one card - pay it off every month.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Boss had me sweatin', I texted him asking if we were open or closed during this ice storm today, he said we were open so I'm like damn, better get my shit straight so I can leave soon, 5 minutes later he texts me & my coworkers saying we're closed.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
This really is very good news. Having to fund all that interest just hurts your ability to dig out of it. Very cool that he did that for you.

My wife and I made a new years resolution to spend way less this year. Since Jan 1 we've eaten out a total of maybe 6 times, and all of them were at Panera Bread. I've cut my bills drastically and in the process learned some really great recipes and enjoyed cooking even more than before. It's amazing how you can go on autopilot with spending. Changing a few habits can really help, and in my case I don't even miss eating out.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This really is very good news. Having to fund all that interest just hurts your ability to dig out of it. Very cool that he did that for you.

My wife and I made a new years resolution to spend way less this year. Since Jan 1 we've eaten out a total of maybe 6 times, and all of them were at Panera Bread. I've cut my bills drastically and in the process learned some really great recipes and enjoyed cooking even more than before. It's amazing how you can go on autopilot with spending. Changing a few habits can really help, and in my case I don't even miss eating out.
Fawk I went to Panera the othe rwith the fam and it was near $40.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Fawk I went to Panera the othe rwith the fam and it was near $40.
Yeah seriously it can get up there. We usually do it for breakfast. Their bacon egg and cheese is pretty tough to beat.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #13
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah seriously it can get up there. We usually do it for breakfast. Their bacon egg and cheese is pretty tough to beat.
In my head $40 bucks is a trip to say Applebee's TGIF etc.... I got a 5 and 2 year old so they typicall eat cheap. I am still scratching my head how I got up to 40 at P. The kids meals don't included milk which is fawking BS.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

All about the bread Schneed. I have that power sandwich or whatever it is, and I'm like, "This is a standard recipe sandwich." but DAMN, it's so good!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Yeah Panera has some killer breakfast sandwiches.