NFL Network: Zorn likely to survive the season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #16
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: NFL Network: Zorn likely to survive the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I think this would have been true if we were seeing progress. Instead, Zorn's offense is getting worse, and a full year and an offseason of familiarity with the playbook and scheme hasn't helped at all.

If we saw our offense advancing in efficiency and scoring, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I agree with you.

Also if Zorn had a full lot of his own coaching staff then you could give him 3 years in that situtation. Unfortunately Zorn was placed as head coach among two different coaching staffs in a push for playoffs and beyond.

That patchjob didn't work so I'm pretty sure that experiment is over.

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #17
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Zorn to survive.....I'll believe it when I see it!

Don't believe that for a second. Hell for that matter he's already DONE he just doesn't know it..yet.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
So here's something new, Steve Wyche of the NFL Network is reporting that Zorn will likely survive the regular season (NFL Videos: Wyche discusses Zorn's future) mostly because of a lack of suitable person in house to take over duties.

He also says Samuels likely out all season and opponents who have broken down tape say our offensive woes are largely attributable to a bad roster/scheme fit.

I wonder if the bye week would be too early for Snyder to tell Zorn he's not coming back in '10 regardless or if he'd wait until late/after the season to do so.
I wonder who's idea it was to switch to a WCO? This is just one more log on the fire Vinny pile...

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #19
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I believe that Jim Zorn is now a place holder for the big name WCO coach that Dan Snyder hopes to hire in 2010. If that is the case, then the Redskins are simply getting a head start on running the WCO.

So, looking at it from a twisted point of view, you see that it is actually an advantage that Zorn hasn't done very well as the HC because he has introduced the WCO to the players and he'll be out of the way for the hiring of the big name coach. Good job, Vinny!
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

Might as well ride him out for the year. Firing a guy mid-season rarely gets any results, and if you're looking to bring someone else in after the season anyway, really what's the point? No big name guys are going to come in mid-season.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #21
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I believe that Jim Zorn is now a place holder for the big name WCO coach that Dan Snyder hopes to hire in 2010. If that is the case, then the Redskins are simply getting a head start on running the WCO.

So, looking at it from a twisted point of view, you see that it is actually an advantage that Zorn hasn't done very well as the HC because he has introduced the WCO to the players and he'll be out of the way for the hiring of the big name coach. Good job, Vinny!
Taking it a little far there...

If that's the case then you just told fans that they've rooted on the Skins for naught the last two years when they just had a dummy fill-in coach while they waited for the likes of Holmgren to become available.

I certianly wouldn't commend any front office for doing that. That is a gross mismanagment of resources and also a slap in the face for players like Portis and Moss who's ages can't afford the luxury of a two year mail-in by the franchise.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
So here's something new, Steve Wyche of the NFL Network is reporting that Zorn will likely survive the regular season (NFL Videos: Wyche discusses Zorn's future) mostly because of a lack of suitable person in house to take over duties.

He also says Samuels likely out all season and opponents who have broken down tape say our offensive woes are largely attributable to a bad roster/scheme fit.

I wonder if the bye week would be too early for Snyder to tell Zorn he's not coming back in '10 regardless or if he'd wait until late/after the season to do so.
While many have agreed it's time for Zorn to go, I've never thought replacing him at this particular time would have any positive affect. No coach can come in at this point and make a difference. This is what the players have been calling for so they don't have to continue answering questions about the coach for the next eleven games.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bottom line is Vinny is to blame for convincing Danny to try the WCO without the right personnel in place. We should have stayed in the air Coryell style offense instead of the WCO, Campbell is more suited for the Gibbs/Coryell offense. In my opinion I think the Gibbs/Coryell offense is a better offense, just look at Baltimore. I think NO runs Parcells type of offense.
It doesn't matter what type of offense we run. It's not like we were lighting up the scoreboard when Gibbs was here. We don't have the players.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bottom line is Vinny is to blame for convincing Danny to try the WCO without the right personnel in place. We should have stayed in the air Coryell style offense instead of the WCO, Campbell is more suited for the Gibbs/Coryell offense. In my opinion I think the Gibbs/Coryell offense is a better offense, just look at Baltimore. I think NO runs Parcells type of offense.
SOUP is more suited for a backup role, in just about any offense.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Taking it a little far there...

If that's the case then you just told fans that they've rooted on the Skins for naught the last two years when they just had a dummy fill-in coach while they waited for the likes of Holmgren to become available.

I certianly wouldn't commend any front office for doing that. That is a gross mismanagment of resources and also a slap in the face for players like Portis and Moss who's ages can't afford the luxury of a two year mail-in by the franchise.
I didn't make myself clear enough. I don't think that Zorn was hired to be a placeholder but I do think that he has become one now that things have gone downhill.

The "Good job, Vinny!" part was sarcasm.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #26
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Might as well ride him out for the year. Firing a guy mid-season rarely gets any results, and if you're looking to bring someone else in after the season anyway, really what's the point? No big name guys are going to come in mid-season.
But it would be a good time to bring in a Parcells type so he could take the rest of the season to evaluate talent.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
wolfeskins
The Starter

YouTube - Hitler goes after Shanahan after Detroit Lions beat Washington Redskins

funny.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
But it would be a good time to bring in a Parcells type so he could take the rest of the season to evaluate talent.
I can easily envision Snyder informing Zorn he won't be back in early December so he can start the search early without firing him in season.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
I can easily envision Snyder informing Zorn he won't be back in early December so he can start the search early without firing him in season.
Unless he searches for a GM i dont think it will matter.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Unless he searches for a GM i dont think it will matter.
Well, I'm guessing he'd be exploring a Gruden/Allen package or starting conversations with Mike & Mike about a President/Coach role.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote