Kornheiser tells Snyder personally yesterday 'It's all on YOU!'

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #46
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Kornheiser tells Snyder personally yesterday 'It's all on YOU!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's ridiculous to go attacking Snyder's wife for her comments. Not surprising, but ridiculous.
It's not an attack on her at all...we're talking about football here not Snyder's wife. The fact is her husband has literally destroyed a franchise and by both their comments, attitudes, etc etc etc it's painfully obvious they don't even begin to understand that. It's actually more sad than maddening when a little time passes...I think it reflects how far the ownership is, and therefor how far we are, from seeing any kind of turnaround in the near future.

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
It's not an attack on her at all...we're talking about football here not Snyder's wife. The fact is her husband has literally destroyed a franchise and by both their comments, attitudes, etc etc etc it's painfully obvious they don't even begin to understand that. It's actually more sad than maddening when a little time passes...I think it reflects how far the ownership is, and therefor how far we are, from seeing any kind of turnaround in the near future.
Well putting aside our differing opinions on what Snyder has done to the franchise here, what do you expect her to say? I don't know, I mean obviously everyone is frustrated, and it's apparently impossible to believe that there are people actually involved with the organization from ownership and his family on down that care as much, if not much much more, about what's happening than the fans. I mean I just don't know what she's supposed to say. Her comments are about as relevant as yours or mine in the grand scheme of things. And they were so benign they don't even merit such a strong reaction, in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #48
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

She was being interviewed for breast cancer awareness and the interviewer switched gears. I thought it was an expected answer and not a show of her knowledge of the teams workings.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #49
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Well putting aside our differing opinions on what Snyder has done to the franchise here, what do you expect her to say? I don't know, I mean obviously everyone is frustrated, and it's apparently impossible to believe that there are people actually involved with the organization from ownership and his family on down that care as much, if not much much more, about what's happening than the fans. I mean I just don't know what she's supposed to say. Her comments are about as relevant as yours or mine in the grand scheme of things. And they were so benign they don't even merit such a strong reaction, in my opinion.
Does she sound like a fan to you SS (just curious)? Honestly I wouldn't say anything if I were in her position...it would be off limits within the interview. Why? Again, if I understood my spouse has overseen the collapse of a great franchise there ought to be an enormous sense of embarrassment...and I don't want to talk about it, simple as that. But if you read my post it's really about lil D and Vinny, i say those two are the embarrassment in the national football league.

...I cringe to ask but here goes, do you somehow find someone, or something, else primarily responsible for the state of the Redskins (rather than Snyder)? And secondly, as a fan, are you not disgusted at what he's done?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Does she sound like a fan to you SS (just curious)? Honestly I wouldn't say anything if I were in her position...it would be off limits within the interview. Why? Again, if I understood my spouse has overseen the collapse of a great franchise there ought to be an enormous sense of embarrassment...and I don't want to talk about it, simple as that. But if you read my post it's really about lil D and Vinny, i say those two are the embarrassment in the national football league.

...I cringe to ask but here goes, do you somehow find someone, or something, else primarily responsible for the state of the Redskins (rather than Snyder)? And secondly, as a fan, are you not disgusted at what he's done?
I don't completely follow your first question there "does she sound like a fan". But I would say that perhaps she should have said "no comment" but what she said was completely harmless in my mind and didn't warrant the reaction of "the absurdity of her comments etc...."

I don't think the franchise was any great shakes under John Kent Cooke's brief tenure, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not absolving Snyder of blame, or Cerrato, or Zorn, or Campbell. And I'm not jumping up and down with joy at how sorry this team played on Sunday (which unfortunately wasn't an aberration), but I'm also not going to go nitpicking at every comment made publicly in regards to the team.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #51
Larry Michael is Satan
Special Teams

All I want to hear Snyder say is, "Get the hell out of Redskins Park, Vinny, and for the love of God, take Larry with you!!!!"
Larry Michael is Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #52
celts32
Playmaker

If I hear one more time about Snyder being a fan I will puke. A real Redskins fan would do what was in the best interest of the team and he has never done that.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #53
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
ec - f-ing scuse me?

dont bring south jersey into this ... cuz i'll be at the game... and I will be rolling down 95 at like 3pm so ... dont stereo-type dude... and i expect a good game out of our team.... i think we can shut them down on D if we pressure mc-sucker.

but seriously, not all of south jersey are eagles fans.... so chill son.
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #54
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I don't completely follow your first question there "does she sound like a fan". But I would say that perhaps she should have said "no comment" but what she said was completely harmless in my mind and didn't warrant the reaction of "the absurdity of her comments etc...."
I was curious whether she sounds like a fan i.e. is she answering the question as a fan or something else. It's a matter of nuance but (IMO) gets at the big picture of the ownership's mentality, which was my only purpose for commenting on her interview at all. I just realized that got lost in my post so I think we're on the same page. No personal offense to her or anyone else intended...as I've said before I tend to care very little what kind of person Snyder is.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #55
53Fan
Franchise Player

If the team comes out with as much fight as we're starting to have with each other...we ought to kick some ass. Losing sucks.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #56
wilsowilso

I effing hate the Eagles. We are due for a good game right?
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #57
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I don't know, Snyder's response just made me dislike him more...He's embarrassed for the fans?? great, for all you guys who think he gets it, did you hear him take any personal responsibility for the state of the franchise, any apology, any semblance of putting even a miniscule amount of fault on himself? NO... Until he sacks up and says, "this is on me, a vast majority on the blame falls on myself and Cerrato", I am not going to be convinced that Snyder is going to change...
but my stupid brain will still keep me hopeful and tuning in on Sundays as my heart gets broken watching my beloved Skins reduced to THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #58
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
I don't know, Snyder's response just made me dislike him more...He's embarrassed for the fans?? great, for all you guys who think he gets it, did you hear him take any personal responsibility for the state of the franchise, any apology, any semblance of putting even a miniscule amount of fault on himself? NO... Until he sacks up and says, "this is on me, a vast majority on the blame falls on myself and Cerrato", I am not going to be convinced that Snyder is going to change...
but my stupid brain will still keep me hopeful and tuning in on Sundays as my heart gets broken watching my beloved Skins reduced to THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL!!!
Don't expect Snyder to EVER shoulder any measure of fault. Toxic managers divert blame, and undermine their subordinates. Snyder has been more patient than he was a decade ago, but a leopard can't change it's spots.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #59
skinsfan4evr
Camp Scrub

what really puzzles me is with all the talent and weapons we have on offense why in the heck has this circus gone on so long wake up snyder cerrato and zorn have to go and spend the savings on an offensive line hire russ grimm as "PAIR OF EYES" let him bring back a physical hog type line no offense riggo but if portis had your front line he would break more 78 yard type runs
skinsfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #60
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
I think it's ridiculous to go attacking Snyder's wife for her comments. Not surprising, but ridiculous.
The Mods always get the cool Avatars. So what the hell is that, metro-sexual Skins? I'm re-enlisting in the mutiny. Times up D, sorry.