Tyler Wilson Staying At Arkansas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Tyler Wilson Staying At Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Really? Then what does that say about these college QBs? The demand for QBs is higher than the supply? That's like an unemployed person who's skilled to do a job not applying himself to companies that are hiring. Make sense out of nonsense.
If the demand for QB's weren't higher than the supply every year, each team would have a fine QB.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
We need to lure Steve Deberg out of retirement.
I bet he can still play...lol!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We should ban you and strip you of your admin privileges for even engaging in this discussion
What next? Posting BBQ Pics.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If the demand for QB's weren't higher than the supply every year, each team would have a fine QB.
Though I agree that not every team can have an adequate quarterback every season (it's not possible because even if there are more than 32 adequate quarterbacks, it's not like there's no incentive for a team to have two), the real issue is that not every team can win every year. Because the wins and losses are of course zero-sum.

In essence, 'level of performance x' which is adequate for a consistent winner might be inadequate for a consistent loser. Even though the actual grade on player performance is no different. Matt Ryan and Alex Smith wouldn't receive totally disparate grades based on their skill sets (and they are asked to do fairly similar things), but Ryan throws for a heck of a lot more yards, points, completions (with better efficiency numbers), and wins more consistently than Alex Smith does, so the Falcons don't need to bring in competition for Ryan where as the 49ers would be in big trouble if they don't have competition for Smith next season.

So QB demand is always going to be fairly constant every year because teams will always lose and fewer teams will always string together losing seasons. So even if the supply of quality quarterbacks in the NFL exceeds 40, that will just drive the standards to win up so that demand doesn't change any.

Bottom line is that losing teams/organizations will always need quarterback upgrades, even if they are performing competently.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #20
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I'm starting to think these college QBs are staying in school to keep from being drafted by the Redskins. Damn.
Dude that was funny shit ....
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
Dude that was funny shit ....
I thought so to but, the mods are out to get me. Again...
Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's cause we don't like you. I mean I like you but Summo has a problem with you. Says your attempt at 17th century Austrian style graphics are so 13th century Sicilian. Sorry it had to be said
Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #23
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Though I agree that not every team can have an adequate quarterback every season (it's not possible because even if there are more than 32 adequate quarterbacks, it's not like there's no incentive for a team to have two), the real issue is that not every team can win every year. Because the wins and losses are of course zero-sum.

In essence, 'level of performance x' which is adequate for a consistent winner might be inadequate for a consistent loser. Even though the actual grade on player performance is no different. Matt Ryan and Alex Smith wouldn't receive totally disparate grades based on their skill sets (and they are asked to do fairly similar things), but Ryan throws for a heck of a lot more yards, points, completions (with better efficiency numbers), and wins more consistently than Alex Smith does, so the Falcons don't need to bring in competition for Ryan where as the 49ers would be in big trouble if they don't have competition for Smith next season.

So QB demand is always going to be fairly constant every year because teams will always lose and fewer teams will always string together losing seasons. So even if the supply of quality quarterbacks in the NFL exceeds 40, that will just drive the standards to win up so that demand doesn't change any.

Bottom line is that losing teams/organizations will always need quarterback upgrades, even if they are performing competently.
Very well said.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
I'm pretty sure he wasn't being totally serious, it just seems like it's near impossible to get a quarterback these days. Had there been one in our reach the last two years, I'm pretty confident we'd have gotten one.
Thanks, I was worried there.

I of course, was dead serious.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I thought so to but, the mods are out to get me. Again...
Again?

We don't even know who you are.

Are you the one with the dolls in the freezer?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Again?

Nah. I'm the one (formerly BossHog) who was banned for calling Laverneues Coles a punk bitch.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Again?

Haha .... Now that was funny shit too ... But I believe that was Alvin Walton...
Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Nah. I'm the one (formerly BossHog) who was banned for calling Laverneues Coles a punk bitch.
Bosshog isn't a banned profile...
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post

If we grant the impossible hypothetical scenario that there are 40 quality QB's in the NFL and every team has at least one of these, one might suspect that there would be a culture change. In economics, when supply surpasses demand, the value of the commodity decreases, and we might expect the same of NFL QB's. For instance, the idea that new regimes need their own new QB may become less real. Also, crediting QB's for wins and blaming them for losses may also decline as a practice. That is, in this hypothetical scenario we might expect that other positions might gain in importance vis-a-vis the QB.

But this scenario, under current conditions, is impossible. There has never been an NFL season where every team had a satisfactory franchise QB and there is no reason to presume that things will be different any time soon.

Therefore in the end you and I are arguing the same thing from different frames of reference: hunger for QB's is an NFL constant. Demand will continue to outstrip supply.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Thanks, I was worried there.

I of course, was dead serious.
Didn't think it was worth being sarcastic about.