Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #31
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't like the idea of trading Orakpo. Don't like it at all.
this
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

We need a QB more than we need Orakpo at this point. Love the guy but deuces.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
And I heard that the Patriots are talking about a trade that sends Brady to the Redskins..

Man, no disrespect (at all), but how on earth do you know this? I mean, really??
Sources, they work for respectable sports communities with reliable sources.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #34
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We need a QB more than we need Orakpo at this point. Love the guy but deuces.
lol we're not going to get a QB for orakpo, nor a 1st round pick. and throwing him into a deal that we would already be sacrificng alot of picks and worth in picks...?

it wouldnt make sense even if they wanted to trade him...
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 01-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #35
Meks
Pro Bowl

*double
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #36
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Dont be stupid people.

Orakpos a good player, but his value doesn't even approach that of a franchise qb.

Bradford > orakpo and our 1st round pick.

Luck > our first and 2nd this year, 1st next year, orakpo, and Trent Williams.

We are not going to get a franchise qb without giving up ALOT.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

If you want verification on the Orakpo rumors, just look around at how any of the other Cerrato acquisitions have been treated by this administration. You move him in a trade, you let Landry walk in free agency, you let McIntosh walk in free agency, and Kevin Barnes may or may not get a spot on the 53 man, then voila: you've erased pretty much every Cerrato acquisition from the team. Mission accomplished: team rebuilt!

Here's why I'm skeptical of the Bradford rumors: if one of the only things Mike and Kyle Shanahan agree upon is that there are only 10 or so "franchise" quarterbacks in the world, is Bradford really one of those guys? If so, why has he looked so awful in the last two or three years? I have no definitive opinion on what Sam Bradford is at this point, but if you are a quarterback elitist -- and the Shanahans appear to be QB elitists -- you already know Bradford isn't one of those 10 guys. So it would seem like the type of guy that can truly value Sam Bradford is one who believes that pro bowl quarterback talent can come from a lot of places and just like Sean Payton took Drew Brees to the next level, you can come in and take Sam Bradford and make a pro bowler out of him.

The whole reason the Redskins ended up with Grossman and Beck last year is because system guys are all the same.

The Luck interest makes sense: if a lot of teams are sure of one thing in this draft, it is that Andrew Luck is one of the 10 guys in the world who can handle every facet of the quarterback position in the NFL. And it makes sense to exhaust every shot to get one of those guys. I don't think the Redskins and Colts and Rams will all be able to agree on compensation: there's just too many moving parts and too many people involved where just one guy can say no and throw the whole trade off. But I had heard wind of those two teams (Indy and St. Louis) talking even before they knew who had the first pick and who had the second pick (the potential compensation though (two firsts, two seconds) is something that I was just speculating on). This is the first I've ever heard of the REDSKINS being involved in those discussions. But if you're willing to speculate a bit, if the Rams and Colts are going to discuss Luck/Griffin, it would make sense for the Redskins to get involved in those discussion.

I still believe this is an extreme longshot, and the Colts kind of need to pay Manning's bonus for any of this to have a shot of happening. If Manning is released, Luck to the Colts is a foregone conclusion.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Dont be stupid people.

Orakpos a good player, but his value doesn't even approach that of a franchise qb.

Bradford > orakpo and our 1st round pick.

Luck > our first and 2nd this year, 1st next year, orakpo, and Trent Williams.

We are not going to get a franchise qb without giving up ALOT.
Can't our first round pick alone become a QB more skilled than Sam Bradford? You have the sixth pick in the draft: that's more valuable than Sam Bradford, even if you strip the value of the pick to simply taking the best QB available.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Is it too crazy to think the Colts would like RG3 more than Luck? I dont think it is

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Thanks for sharing the intel Smoot. I believe all this info you've gathered is correct and most likely true. However, I would guess and say there is a 5% chance of it actually happening. It reminds me of this interview I saw with a NFL GM one time. He talked about how trades were talked about all the time with teams (hence why we hear all these rumors), but very few actually materialize.

Let's look at the #1 pick. Who outside of AJ Smith has traded the #1 pick away? The Chargers did it twice, and once swapped from 3 to 2. (for Leaf) Yeah, I'm quite positive teams will be talking crazy trades from now till the draft, but I seriously doubt any happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic to have Luck on this squad.

Couple things. SC, not sure why your sources keep telling you that "a deal is possibly hours away from being announced" because the league year doesn't begin until March 13th so no deal can be announced till then. Might want to remind your sources next time they tell you that.

Also, Sam Bradford is not worth the #6 pick in the draft this year. As I said before, picks prior aren't worth as much as picks now. Now, had Bradford blown up and had very good progression in those two years, I might would say yes, but as it stands now. Absolutely not. Having the same stats as Colt McCoy doesn't scream valuable to me, not to mention he got hurt as well.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-28-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #41
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Colt McCoy: Haven't heard his name mentioned even once to DC..which is why I keep saying he's the sleeper QB we're going to get
This would be my ideal. Trade the six pick for McCoy and the 22nd pick and a 4th or 5th round pick. Of course it only makes sense if nobody leaps Cleveland to take RG3 with the Rams 2nd overall. Maybe we could work a three team with the Rams to ensure they get RG3 and an offensive playmaker (Blackmon or Richardson).

I would hate trading Rak and a bunch of picks to move up to 2.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #42
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Is it too crazy to think the Colts would like RG3 more than Luck? I dont think it is
It's an easy way to avoid the Manning-Luck drama. Get a ton of picks, and pick up a QB you really like instead of perhaps the best available QB.

If Manning is released by the Colts though, the gap between Luck and Griffin looks so much bigger than it does if Manning is the Colts starting QB in 2012 or 2013. So much of the value of having Luck is that he's (when grading conceptually) one of the three or four most advanced NFL prospects since Manning. So many of Luck's bad plays in college are just arrogance: "I can make this throw back across my body deep to the post because I'm Andrew Luck, and no one else in college ever throws this ball." There's only about 6 or 7 guys in the pros who make the throws Luck makes in college.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
And I heard that the Patriots are talking about a trade that sends Brady to the Redskins..

Man, no disrespect (at all), but how on earth do you know this? I mean, really??
We've been through this. I've been "in the biz" for 15 years. I don't get everything right but members here were the first to know about:

Betts' new contract
Our interest in Andre Carter
Our interest in Haynesworth
That we were going to draft Trent Williams
Sign Grossman
Sign Torain
Not be interested in Peppers
Dockery's crazy contract figures before he sign with Buffalo
Steve Jackson's firing
Keenan's firing
That we were going to draft Hankerson

And so on
Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #44
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Why not target Matt Schaub. With the success of Yates last year wouldn't that make Schaub exespendable? What would be his price tag?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #45
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Why do you even bother responding to the peanut gallery SS?...lol I'm glad we have so few like him that act like that. Most of us understand the deal and realize the information is changing constantly.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Closed Thread