Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #121
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Malice at Dallas Post Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Dallas has some things going for them.

First .. very healthy team. Tyron Smith has missed a few games but he should be back soon. Appears their rookie 4r rookie Jabril Cox is the only significant IR and hes a rookie 4R.

Second .. that DL can wreck some havoc. Parsons is being utilized very well. He was guessing correct on our snap counts a lot on Sunday. Their D is what we were supposed to be. I think the LB and secondary is suspect but that DL makes their job easier.

Third .. offense is most yards and points in the league (pretty sure). Dak isnt a top 5 QB but hes a good QB. Tons of healthy weapons.

Fourth ... their ST may have more blocked punts this year than their last 18 years combined. (not sure of this either, remember seeing it somewhere)
ST is going to do GB in they are ranked 34th in the league at best. Plus they have lost more starter games to injury than anyone else besides Baltimore. Not a single o-line was the day 1 projected starter. I think a def like Dallas or TB will give them fits
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2021, 02:52 AM   #122
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Saw multiple tweets saying Daron Payne deleted all his WFT pictures from instagram... Young guy making a temper move on his SNS, or offseason trade incoming ?
Old 12-30-2021, 03:36 AM   #123
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Saw multiple tweets saying Daron Payne deleted all his WFT pictures from instagram... Young guy making a temper move on his SNS, or offseason trade incoming?
Social media is the devil's asshole, so I don't care about that. And I like Payne. But, trading him isn't even a bad idea, even before this last Sunday (and I'm not blaming Payne or Allen). I'd trade Sweat too if the offer was fair.

Give me a Young, Allen, Ioaniddis and/or Settle, James Smith-Williams front 4, I think that can be solid. And the money saved on Payne or Sweat, could be used to upgrade JSW. I like JSW, but I think he's a rotational DE, on a good front 4, and a fringe starter.

Again, not a slight against Payne or Sweat, that's just the 1 unit we have that can be used to upgrade the roster at other positions.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:07 AM   #124
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Social media is the devil's asshole, so I don't care about that. And I like Payne. But, trading him isn't even a bad idea, even before this last Sunday (and I'm not blaming Payne or Allen). I'd trade Sweat too if the offer was fair.

Give me a Young, Allen, Ioaniddis and/or Settle, James Smith-Williams front 4, I think that can be solid. And the money saved on Payne or Sweat, could be used to upgrade JSW. I like JSW, but I think he's a rotational DE, on a good front 4, and a fringe starter.

Again, not a slight against Payne or Sweat, that's just the 1 unit we have that can be used to upgrade the roster at other positions.
Yeah the case for trading one of our talented Dlinemen can be made. And this year's productivity doesn't help making a strong one for keeping them all no matter the cost.
I wonder what we'd get back though.
And maybe this insignificant social media thing is a sign that the team may have another, slightly more significant, incentive to trade Payne...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #125
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I'd be game for trading Sweat. Three years in and he still can't maintain contain on pass rush. That alone makes our weak LB crew more exposed. Pass rushers will get over paid and I'd prefer to spend it upgrading offense or a pass rusher that will not open running and passing lanes for the opposition.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #126
jamf
Pro Bowl

Hi Guys,
Remember when Dan and Bruce traded our second round pick to Dallas so they could draft Demarcus Lawrence and we got Trent Murphy later in that same draft?

Good times!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #127
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Hi Guys,

Remember when Dan and Bruce traded our second round pick to Dallas so they could draft Demarcus Lawrence and we got Trent Murphy later in that same draft?

Good times!