Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Grade the signing of Adrian Peterson (5 the best, 1 the worst)
5 11 26.19%
4 10 23.81%
3 13 30.95%
2 3 7.14%
1 1 2.38%
0 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
It's an OK move. We need a healthy body. AP is a healthy body. If anything, it will push Fat Rob and Perine.
I still think that whatever this year's running game ends up being, will be better since we have a QB that seems to be able to convert on 3rd and short, and can make a play off schedule.

I'm also bummed that we didn't see more of Perine, because he had a hell of a first run against the Jets (and got hurt).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #32
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I still think that whatever this year's running game ends up being, will be better since we have a QB that seems to be able to convert on 3rd and short, and can make a play off schedule.

I'm also bummed that we didn't see more of Perine, because he had a hell of a first run against the Jets (and got hurt).
Also keep in mind, we have a quarterback who can run as well. I know Cousins was mobile, but Smith is much more of a mobile QB than what Cousins was, and that's always an added dimension to the offense too. Who knows, maybe Peterson winds up having a big year with the 'skins. I'd still just thank him for that one year and welcome Guice back with open arms in 2019, but ya never know. I know this was a different era, but Riggins had his best years in his twilight of his career.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Normally I'd hate a move like this but considering where we are at RB I think it's a good move. Little risk.
This.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #34
Meks
Pro Bowl

Yea no problems here. Doubt they paid much and as previously stated he could mentally help the running back room, too. We need somebody and why not give the old guy a shot at doing something, anything.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #35
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Yea no problems here. Doubt they paid much and as previously stated he could mentally help the running back room, too. We need somebody and why not give the old guy a shot at doing something, anything.
because he is a horrible POS child abuser and doesn't deserve anything but prison time
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #36
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It's a 1-year deal and we only have two healthy RBs (Kelly and Bibbs). Also, there are a lot of jobs on the line, so this doesn't surprise me, nor does it seem too crazy.
Yeah, I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't become a cancer bitching about his number of carries. If he starts that shit up like in New Orleans, cut his ass. Otherwise, it's not really a big deal in terms of signing a 1 year deal.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And just when I thought there were adults over at Redskin Park they do this dumb ass shit.

One year deal. Not dumb at all. Guy had a couple big games last year behind the worst line in the nfl. He could be halfway decent and is here for depth so.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Why is everyone freaking out? Lol. It is a one year deal, and he was really no worse than anyone we had last year (minus CT - who is coming off an injury and a third down back) and that was behind a much worse o line. This is not trading draft picks to sign a washed up ex star to a five year deal like the old days. If he fails miserably so be it. He will be gone next year anyway and this year we will go with kelly, perine, ct etc just like we would have. Its a very low risk possible high reward move. Chillax.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #39
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
because he is a horrible POS child abuser and doesn't deserve anything but prison time
It's a few years ago now, a lot of ppl have put it behind them, he went thru the reccomended trearment and has shown remorse for his actions.

We didn't sign him to babysit our kids...

That's really as far as I want to go into this.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

I’m fine with it, it’s not like he signed for big money, given our RB situation we needed someone. I don’t have high hopes for him production wise but we shall see. Hope he proves me wrong.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #41
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
It's a few years ago now, a lot of ppl have put it behind them, he went thru the reccomended trearment and has shown remorse for his actions.

We didn't sign him to babysit our kids...

That's really as far as I want to go into this.
he has been accused of child abuse multiple times ince . . . yeah, lots of remorse
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #42
mredskins
MVP

So pumped!

Looking for sarcastic font...
Old 08-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
We need someone who is not hurt to run the ball, right now we only have two players that are %100 healthy.

Jay's job is on the line and Dough Williams has been consistently saying that they need to improve the running game (a judgement on all the returning RBs not named Chris Thompson). With Guice out and all the injuries, the running game would have been back to last year's status.

AP was given a 1-year deal, which is very low risk/high reward type of situation IMO.

I'd prefer this outcome, as opposed to giving up a draft pick on a 1-year rental. Did you forget the TJ Duckett trade? That was Vinny ball.

Also, I prefer this to the status quo of having a recovering CT, banged up Perine and just Kelly and Bibbs healthy.
There is no high reward w/ AP at this point of his career. And if Jay's thinking that a 33 year old rb who is way past his prime w/ a 3.1 ypc last year is going to help save his job then that is pretty sad. It's a total panic move by the Redskins to try and get the fanbase excited. We've seen this shit before.

Also you don't need to make a Tj Duckett type of trade. If the Redskins were smart and patient, they'd just bring in some guys off the street to play the last two pre season games, then see which backs are released at the end of pre season. Example...The Ravens picked up Alex Collins after he was cut by the Seahawks last pre season and he ended up being their starter. He started 12 games and almost had 1,000 yards.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
he has been accused of child abuse multiple times ince . . . yeah, lots of remorse

That is the only thing that bothers me. Not the one year deal for a potentially very serviceable rb but that I hate him. Oh well. If he fails miserably i can say eff you child beater so there is that....
Old 08-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I can't root for someone who whips a defenseless 4 year old with a tree branch and sticks leaves in his mouth.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote