Campbell's numbers dont lie

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Wrong! Stats do lie. He's not getting the team in the end zone. Not all his fault but some of it is. I'd say the stats look better than he's actually played. There have been some garbage numbers. I think he's been kind of average on a bad offense.
Okay say stats do lie. In the list that he mentioned by the OP which one of those QBs do you think is not a good QB?
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
What are the stats on 4th quarter comebacks for most QBs. Ifyou said 4th quarter it might have been acceptable. But the comebacks kind of made yoru arguement less relevant. Only because only the great ones do that. Like Favre Manning and Brady. Only a hand full are probably successful. Even these Qbs had to take some lumps to get where they are. There is no learning curve in Skins Nation and most people are unrealistic or impatient in their expectations. Brady was in the same system fo ryeas before he started. Manning was horrible his first year and okay the second year as a starter. it took years for him to win a Superbowl. His system remained intact also. Favre. If Favre was here as a young player he would never have reached his potential. He would have been ran out of town.

So all I ask is be realistic and be patient. Mannings and Brady's dont come around that often. Both Flacco and Ryan are a product of a system that is QB friendly as far as their defenses and running games go. You can also say this for the coveted Sanchez. He is not putting up big numbers. he is maintaining the game and has a very good offense.
Yeah, I agree. If you want a clutch stat, don't pick one that is biased against certain players. Just take the 4th quarter split, and see how that changes the numbers.

Of course, you need many years of 4th quarter play to make it a relevant sample.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
jamf
Pro Bowl

When was the last time JC made a throw to win a game? I'm not talking about a dump pass or a quick slant either. When has he hit a streaking receiver in stride to give us the lead? I can't remember...

When was the last time JC overthrew a ball that would've resulted in a TD? Happens almost every week.

When we have one final play from our 35 yard line, We choose to run a gadget play across the middle.
The vikings were in the same situation and favre launched a rocket into his WR's hands. Don't tell me that minnesotas WR's are better than ours...

JC is so concerned about not making a bad play, he seldom makes anything other than a routine throw.
When was the last time JC threw the ball downfield in a jumpball situation? Teams do it all the time.

JC is no more to us than what Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens. He is not a bad quarterback but he is not a guy that is going to win games for you.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #19
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin4n View Post
Lol besides the no huddle(Where he calls his own plays), how many times has he gotten a chance to throw it. How many times when he did throw did the reciever either drop it or not run it in after the catch. You need to start paying attention.

In my opinion its not anyOnes fault but the team as a whole. Ya know what i mean? Like how #17 & #89 were clicking, the whole team needs to do. Then well be ready for week seven.
I think he's gotten way more time than he was getting last year. He might as well have been the tackling dummy.

I agree the line still isn't up to par, and when the pocket's collapsing there's really only so much you can do. But JC still seems to be on a learning curve as to what to do with the ball on the fly.

I by no means think he's a bad QB, in fact when he was struggling I was one of the people not calling for his head, I still don't. But I do think it looks as if he's still working on his QB mechanics.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be benched but his numbers are great.
1. Rating: 92.5 Higher than Brady, Big Ben, C. Palmer, Cutler, and Rivers
2. 9th in passing yards: More that Rodgers, Ryan, Palmer, E. Manning, & Cutler
3. 5th in the Comp. Percent. 67.6%: Higher than everyone in the league except P. Manning, Brees, Big Ben, and Chad Penn.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie!
Damn SOUP, I didn't know you where a member of the path. Shouldn't you be studying your damn play book, and getting ready for the bucs....?
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

[being tired of 3 year old debate]
[sarcasm on]

I would rather have Ramsey

[sarcasm off]
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
JC is no more to us than what Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens. He is not a bad quarterback but he is not a guy that is going to win games for you.
But Trent Dilfer was actually a bad quarterback.

Therefore, yeah, Campbell is better than him.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #23
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think he's gotten way more time than he was getting last year. He might as well have been the tackling dummy.

I agree the line still isn't up to par, and when the pocket's collapsing there's really only so much you can do. But JC still seems to be on a learning curve as to what to do with the ball on the fly.

I by no means think he's a bad QB, in fact when he was struggling I was one of the people not calling for his head, I still don't. But I do think it looks as if he's still working on his QB mechanics.
Ironically the offensive line might have spent to much time on pass protection and at the same time neglected run blocking. It's similar to what happened to the Patriots during their 16-0 season. They ended up neglecting the run and by the end of the season they hadn't been able to develop a rhythm when it came to the running game. Then when they came against a pass rushing beast in the New York Giants they basically found themselves to be road kill.

It's an improvement for the Redskins O-line who spent the second half of last season unable to run block or pass block but what can you expect when you neglect the offensive line in favor of premadonna receivers.

Of course the players we have at running back should shoulder some of the blame. As we saw yesterday with the Lions and Kevin Smith. When he was in the game they were unstoppable, when he got hurt they weren't even able to get past the LOS. Ironically Chris Horton taking Kevin Smith out of the game is probably the main reason we were able to stay competitive in that game.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
djnemo65
Playmaker

There were two third down plays yesterday, one near the redzone as well as the play on which he threw an interception, in which Campbell responded to pressure by ignoring open receivers - Moss and Are respectively - and throwing into coverage. And those were just the two I noticed on TV, there certainly could have been more. QB numbers matter, but as Mike Shanahan famously said you make your money as a QB in the NFL on third down, and that's where Campbell has really been struggling.

I get the argument that Campbell's supporting cast isn't helping him - hell I've made it myself for the past year - but at some point we have to start thinking about whether or not Campbell is the right player for the team we have now (which isn't getting any better anytime soon). They can't protect him and he's bad against pressure. I've seen the statistics about how prolific Campbell is when given time to throw but when is he given time to throw? And when will he be? Our line is old and the cupboard is bare. There's no budding linemen pushing the older guys to start.

So if it becomes clear that he won't be coming back next year, and wow it's going to take a lot for that not to be the case, when do we need to think about making a change?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #25
Big C
Mr. Brightside

im not the biggest fan of campbell, i believe he is an above average qb, nothing more, but those who argue that his stats are good, therefore he is good need to remember mark brunell had some good stats while here, doesnt mean the offese was good with him at the helm.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #26
saden1
MVP

I really like how JC has played this season. Our problem is that we can't punch it in and that's a direct function of coaching.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #27
Skinny Tee
The Starter

WHOOOOOOOOAA!!!...I'm on tonight
You know Campbell's numbers don't lie...
And I am starting to feel you boy...

Come on let's go...real slow...
Don't you see baby the QB es perfecto!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #28
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
There were two third down plays yesterday, one near the redzone as well as the play on which he threw an interception, in which Campbell responded to pressure by ignoring open receivers - Moss and Are respectively - and throwing into coverage. And those were just the two I noticed on TV, there certainly could have been more. QB numbers matter, but as Mike Shanahan famously said you make your money as a QB in the NFL on third down, and that's where Campbell has really been struggling.

I get the argument that Campbell's supporting cast isn't helping him - hell I've made it myself for the past year - but at some point we have to start thinking about whether or not Campbell is the right player for the team we have now (which isn't getting any better anytime soon). They can't protect him and he's bad against pressure. I've seen the statistics about how prolific Campbell is when given time to throw but when is he given time to throw? And when will he be? Our line is old and the cupboard is bare. There's no budding linemen pushing the older guys to start.

So if it becomes clear that he won't be coming back next year, and wow it's going to take a lot for that not to be the case, when do we need to think about making a change?
Campbell was pretty darn good on third down in the first two games, and not so good yesterday.

QBs may earn their money on third downs, but the best third down players are also the best first and second down players.

I do agree that if this offense doesn't improve with him at the helm, there's no particular reason to give him a lot of money to oversee even more years of offensive mistakes. He's the kind of player you can build around, but if we haven't done it yet, I don't see it why we would in the future.

None of our problems have ever been about the QB position, and since we can't win with a decent quarterback, I'm thinking it might not matter whether we have one or not. We can lose a lot of games with this defense, this running game, and whoever at the helm. Doesn't really even matter if the current group fails.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Among the problems this team has, I'd put Campbell in the top 10, probably around 9. My lack of faith and trust in Zorn is such that I hope JC gets extended just to see what Shanny or Gruden can accomplish with him.

One of the posters previously noted 6 possessions where the team didn't score in the red zone that were not JC related. It's hard to blame one man for everything yet some fans are convicted to do just that.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #30
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
1. Rating: 92.5 Higher than Brady, Big Ben, C. Palmer, Cutler, and Rivers
He also has the most passing attempts in anyone in the group and the least TDs.

Again, It's not all his fault but it's pretty much the same shit that got Brunell run out of town.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote