Coaching and Front Office Changes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #76
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Coaching and Front Office Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
It is too early to make a decision on the Collins. The other two were bad deals and should fall on Allen. Collins may be a better fit in the new D scheme.
Collins has been in the league now for several years. I think it's safe to say he isn't a great player. He isn't a play maker. I question whether he's all that great a tackler from what I saw the last few games of the season. You simply can not hand him the contract that he got.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #77
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

I think Doug WIlliams is useless and needs to go. Hopefully they put a competent football decision maker in his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #78
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah managing the cap doesn’t help much if you can’t coach or put together a complete roster. Schaffer is fine in the role but in his 17 years here we’ve been one of the five losingest teams (I can invent words, you can’t) in the NFL. In the end cap guys and negotiators don’t help much when it comes to winning games.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah managing the cap doesn’t help much if you can’t coach or put together a complete roster. Schaffer is fine in the role but in his 17 years here we’ve been one of the five losingest teams (I can invent words, you can’t) in the NFL. In the end cap guys and negotiators don’t help much when it comes to winning games.
I think the word you're looking for is worst.

Anyways I like Schaffer but I like the idea of a coaching staff that has complete unity with the FO more.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #80
Warthog
The Starter

Rivera kept O’Connell! I am really exciting to see O’Connell when he is not tied to the over-riding inputs of Gruden and Callahan. Those inputs to the play calling made us predictable and run heavy.

I think we got to see O’Connell in true action in the last few games. His play calling was imaginative and effective. Haskins started to rise to the challenge in the last two games!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #81
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Rivera kept O’Connell!
If true, I am good with that and, dare I say it, excited to see what he can do with Haskins next year.

However, I have not seen anything indicating that O'Connell is staying. Do you have a link? All I have seen is reports that KOC will be interviewing.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:46 AM   #82
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I think Doug WIlliams is useless and needs to go. Hopefully they put a competent football decision maker in his place.

You may be right but it's so hard to tell with any of our front office guys when Allen was their boss. They didn't even tell him that they were trading for Alex Smith until after the deal. He was told to "turn off his phone" until the next day. What kind of bullshit is that?

I'd like to see which guys can work with RR and which ones can't. I guess that period will be between now and the draft.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #83
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Rivera kept O’Connell! I am really exciting to see O’Connell when he is not tied to the over-riding inputs of Gruden and Callahan. Those inputs to the play calling made us predictable and run heavy.

I think we got to see O’Connell in true action in the last few games. His play calling was imaginative and effective. Haskins started to rise to the challenge in the last two games!

This reminds me of all the Twitter people that try to break news first. Where is your link?
Old 01-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #84
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

From Keim on O'Connell (and Offensive coaches generally):

John Keim Verified account @john_keim · 6m6 minutes ago [~10:50]

Still waiting for anything official on the offensive staff. Still fluid.
https://twitter.com/john_keim
Old 01-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

Redskins offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell will interview with new Washington coach Ron Rivera to determine if he’ll stay on staff in the same role, according to a report.

The NFL Network reported O’Connell “has a chance to stick” around given his work with quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who made significant progress …

http://capitalsportsnc.com/?p=884129

Yikes ... Rivera has no connection to this guy. I dont see the old school guy keeping the young 34 year old new school kid.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #86
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Redskins offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell will interview with new Washington coach Ron Rivera to determine if he’ll stay on staff in the same role, according to a report.

The NFL Network reported O’Connell “has a chance to stick” around given his work with quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who made significant progress …

http://capitalsportsnc.com/?p=884129

Yikes ... Rivera has no connection to this guy. I dont see the old school guy keeping the young 34 year old new school kid.
I think you're overreacting. If Rivera likes KOC I see no reason why KOC can't stick around. Rivera is obviously not one of these coaches that insists he runs the offense knowing damn well that's not where his expertise is.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #87
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think you're overreacting. If Rivera likes KOC I see no reason why KOC can't stick around. Rivera is obviously not one of these coaches that insists he runs the offense knowing damn well that's not where his expertise is.
Yes I was. Rivera is keeping OConnell. Looks like Cavanaugh is out.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/01/01/ron...edskins-staff/
Old 01-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #88
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yes I was. Rivera is keeping OConnell. Looks like Cavanaugh is out.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/01/01/ron...edskins-staff/
That article is 23 hours old and not officially confirmed, Kaczor, Jordan, KOC, weight coach and a mystery 5th coach who might be Cavanaugh. Both have coached together in the past. Hopefully these guys are kept and won’t know till it’s official. Too many bogus rumors already.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:42 AM   #89
Warthog
The Starter

I think O’Connell will get the nod from RR for OC. One thing you can be sure of is that every player and coach must fight and compete for their job!! That why Rivera made a comment about Haskins and bringing in another veteran QB and having a competition in TC or something. To me it’s about MOTIVATION and CHALLENGING all the players to perform at their maximum level. If you slack off you’ll be riding pine.....

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:52 AM   #90
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
I think O’Connell will get the nod from RR for OC. One thing you can be sure of is that every player and coach must fight and compete for their job!! That why Rivera made a comment about Haskins and bringing in another veteran QB and having a competition in TC or something. To me it’s about MOTIVATION and CHALLENGING all the players to perform at their maximum level. If you slack off you’ll be riding pine.....

I am glad to believe that we will finally be seeing the case of the best player gets to start, and not the guy with the biggest contract. For all we know Haskins might not beat out another QB in camp. But at the end of the day, the best player will have the job.